4.60 star(s) 110 Votes

zejoro

Oct 4, 2017
when I download and extract I get a cloudlet app and I can't figure out how to actually run the game. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

vicky019

Oct 7, 2022
when I download and extract I get a cloudlet app and I can't figure out how to actually run the game. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Two things might have gone wrong:
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during the zipping/unzipping process
To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the True Bond app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

To check the second case, you need to look into the contents of the app: right click on the True Bond app, pick Show package contents. Navigate to /Contents/MacOS/. Inside that folder you'll see a file called True Bond. That file should be a Unix executable. If it's anything else, it has lost its execute permission.
To fix this, start Terminal and type "chmod a+x " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the file inside the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Again mind there is a space between the command and the path. Hit enter. The file should now be executable.

As a general precaution, make a duplicate of the app first before changing its attributes or permissions.
[/QUOTE]

• Sad
Reactions: JoThZ01T

zejoro

Oct 4, 2017
Two things might have gone wrong:
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during the zipping/unzipping process
To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the True Bond app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

To check the second case, you need to look into the contents of the app: right click on the True Bond app, pick Show package contents. Navigate to /Contents/MacOS/. Inside that folder you'll see a file called True Bond. That file should be a Unix executable. If it's anything else, it has lost its execute permission.
To fix this, start Terminal and type "chmod a+x " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the file inside the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Again mind there is a space between the command and the path. Hit enter. The file should now be executable.

As a general precaution, make a duplicate of the app first before changing its attributes or permissions.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for this! I tried the first suggestion and nothing came back, so I figure quarantine is not the issue. I tried the second thing and the True Bond file icon that was within the MacOS folder changed to appear what I assume is executable. However, when I double click the original application, which still appears as a cloudlet, in an attempt to start the game, nothing happens.

• Sad
Reactions: JoThZ01T

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017
Hi all Why can't someone just take over . Cloudlet not going to . So can't someone take it over . please. Also in Ren/ply Engine please

Last edited:
Reactions: logopedus
4.60 star(s) 110 Votes