Freedom9555

Nov 7, 2022
Really? Well I didn't retest it and simply replaced the file links in twine while playing the game.

Can you tell me, where it was worse? Eventually it would be a easy fix
I have no pictures at all now.
I use windows 10 and chrome. I guess you have a different setting.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I have no pictures at all now.
I use windows 10 and chrome. I guess you have a different setting.
It's an address and extension issue. This release wasn't cleaned up well, has nothing to do with your browser. A lot of pictures and videos are just linking to nothing at all because the files they should be opening are named differently or located somewhere else, or the extension is wrong. e.g.: Picture it should open is 'blablabla.png' but it's actually named 'blablabla.jpg' and therefore you see an error.

Also, I see none of the events that are posted in OP under preview pictures.

Reactions: Freedom9555
Jul 31, 2017
all i can seem to do is talk to riley after the first date event, got it above 50 and everything, cant go to her place or anything. just "text riley (+1)"

ok restarted and just cheated stats and now i get the other events, playing legit apparently took too long or something and no events where available.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020
I think you've hit the nail on the head, he used a machine to translate from his native language without understanding the intricacies of English.

Russian is my native language, for example, when I write a text, I have to avoid difficult Russian words in English. Because English does not understand them and you have to look for alt versions of these words for this language in order to adequately construct sentences.

The question is, will a person bother so much with such subtleties? The answer is simply no. Believe me, it is very tiring to adapt 2 texts to 2 languages.
I noticed that too. I'm Italian and I've found out that english syntax and vocabulary are much simpler and poorer than Italian, so I have to elaborate the sentences into shorter and more elementary ones.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I noticed that too. I'm Italian and I've found out that english syntax and vocabulary are much simpler and poorer than Italian, so I have to elaborate the sentences into shorter and more elementary ones.
I haven't studied Italian, but I really like the way it sounds :)

In general, the easiest way not to overload machine translation is to use simple words and simple sentences. But, to be honest, such a soulless text is very boring to read...

Although, as I said, it takes a lot of time to adapt text to another language, even through machine translation.

Desan3

May 6, 2017
Riley1 in people folder need to converted to .png otherwise it is shown as broken pic in game.

Edit: when you first use dating app, riley1 is missing because its jpg but not png but when you contact her, pic used as jpg. So if you change it png second pic cant use it. Make the game use one type of Riley1, jpg or png.

Last edited:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Riley1 in people folder need to converted to .png otherwise it is shown as broken pic in game.

Edit: when you first use dating app, riley1 is missing because its jpg but not png but when you contact her, pic used as jpg. So if you change it png second pic cant use it. Make the game use one type of Riley1, jpg or png.
A typical mistake of a novice developer.

When he doesn't check his code, and especially the filetype in the code, thinking that all the pictures have the same format. Usually, such childish mistakes can be easily detected during a test run from the developer, but it is clearly too difficult...

I experienced such problems myself when I started making games, but a little practice and an attack on typical mistakes made me reconsider my attitude to testing my games.

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes