Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
just wondering at the choice of "show him" and "stay vague"
Does "show him" choice mean we're giving up on Cathrine because that's when the protagonist says that she's happier with Stephanie, and what about the "stay vague" choice?
No. Showing him will just lead to a more extreme version of cucking him, as far as I know so far (played until the end of the most recent Update).

I will include it in a Spoiler what happens after you Show it to him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: portiamento

BaiBai_

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2022
I might have a clue, in another game a guy found out that most dev don't actually hide their animations after they played in renpy, so that means that the animations just keep looping in the background, this can get quite resource intensive if there are many, this thread goes into more detail https://f95zone.to/threads/mod-help-increasing-cpu-usage-when-playing-videos-in-sequence.177596/
That's not it I always hide animations. But I believe its fixed in the version I posted anyway, I'm just waiting for someone who had the issue to confirm as I can't replicate these lags on my side.

just wondering at the choice of "show him" and "stay vague"
Does "show him" choice mean we're giving up on Cathrine because that's when the protagonist says that she's happier with Stephanie, and what about the "stay vague" choice?
What Cherubin25 said above. Showing him is for the deep dive into the netori route, staying vague is to have Aden involved as little as possible.

This is probably one of the most favorite games I’ve played, at first I didn’t really like Ugly bastard in the name of the game, but, but you just forget about it, the game and the main character, especially with girls, are very pleasing, and it’s very cute and erotic at the same time, The hero is much better than I thought it would be, I play 2 routes at once, and I really like both of them, although the situation with Katherine is very ambiguous, but for me it’s more or less neat, but I wanted everything to continue to be sweet and erotic, even in the corruption of the route, like and now it’s hot and cool, p.s. I hope they don’t really make the hero a Bastard))
There are still some morally very questionable things in store for the corruption routes but in general the MC will always care for the girls and every route will have an happy end for both parties.

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
I'm clueless about why the animations are lagging but I think it should be better in this version: Mega
I checked your version and it is significantly better compared to the version in the OP. The main menu animation is smooth, as is all the other animations in the game, with a few exceptions.

For some reason, these three animations were still choppy.

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
and also vicky is jealous of the MC liking cathrine and being with stephanie i really feel sorry for her liking the MC since childhood but him losing his memory he doesnt realize it i wonder what happen to him to lose his momory but i hope vicky gets with the MC it must be really hurtful to love someone and them not love you back and have to see them with others everyday.
I think it's a little more complicated than losing the memory - or to be more precise, it seems to be a matter of losing small but very important bits in somewhat large spans of time. It's good to remember that the MC's perspective is that of a man in his 40s now trying to remember things from his early adolescence or infancy.

Him missing a lot of details that should have been important at the time but become what seem weird gaps 3+ decades later is not exactly shocking (not like i can't relate at all with that...), specially when one considers the whole transformation of their relationship dynamics implied with Vicky's story. A whole lifetime had passed and the bully who made his teenage life hell and worse had stuck front & center, washing away almost everything else - like the fact she wasn't a random bully and that his younger self (at least in the begining) let itself be pushed by Vicky (at least in the begining) out of guilt/shame over how he ruined things with the girl who had once been his best childhood friend. Over a crush on Cathrine that never went anywhere, might be said.

The whole death spiral of misteps, loss of confidence, tsundere teasing turned into actual resentful bullying and so on, completely lost with only the broadest strokes of misery preserved. Except he comes back and now discovers he knew himself much less than he ever imagined and needs to unravel a lot of stuff because, surprise, surprise, 3+ decades old memories can have a ridiculous amount of detail missing.

Damn, Emily and Stephanie are evidence aplenty of how his original past self could be dense and oblivious at times.

Last edited:

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I think it's a little more complicated than losing the memory - or to be more precise, it seems to be a matter of losing small but very important bits in somewhat large spans of time. It's good to remember that the MC's perspective is that of a man in his 40s now trying to remember things from his early adolescence or infancy.

Him missing a lot of details that should have been important at the time but become what seem weird gaps 3+ decades later is not exactly shocking (not like i can't relate at all with that...), specially when one considers the whole transformation of their relationship dynamics implied with Vicky's story. A whole lifetime had passed and the bully who made his teenage life hell and worse had stuck front & center, washing away almost everything else - like the fact she wasn't a random bully and that his younger self (at least in the begining) let itself be pushed by Vicky (at least in the begining) out of guilt/shame over how he ruined things with the girl who had once been his best childhood friend. Over a crush on Cathrine that never went anywhere, might be said.

The whole death spiral of misteps, loss of confidence, tsundere teasing turned actual resentful bullying and so on, completely lost with only the broadest strokes of misery preserved. Except he comes back and now discovers he knew himself much less than he ever imagined and needs to unravel a lot of stuff because, surprise, surprise, 3+ decades old memories can have a ridiculous amount of detail missing.

Damn, Emily and Stephanie are evidence aplenty of how his original past self could be dense and oblivious at times.
Being dense and oblivious is a staple for all teens around the world. There comes your 20s and you realize how a dense mf you were.

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Being dense and oblivious is a staple for all teens around the world. There comes your 20s and you realize how a dense mf you were.
Even more complicated when the person only stops to evaluate his teenage self when already into full-on middle age crisis terrain.

As an aside, is there any way to utterly drop Cathrine like a rotten potato? Neither seduce nor corrupt, letting go altogether of any involvment with her to focus into the girls who actually interest me, that would be an imensely joyful choice to see appear in the story, imho.

The MC's attachment only annoys me - doubly so as it keeps causing problems with Steph & Vicky at least. I'm very much wiling to replay it from start if there's some exit path i somehow missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: GmFn1869

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
As an aside, is there any way to utterly drop Cathrine like a rotten potato? Neither seduce nor corrupt, letting go altogether of any involvment with her to focus into the girls who actually interest me, that would be an imensely joyful choice to see appear in the story, imho.

The MC's attachment only annoys me - doubly so as it keeps causing problems with Steph & Vicky at least. I'm very much wiling to replay it from start if there's some exit path i somehow missed.
Yes you can drop her I think, but you will then have to chose a solo LI route. It's harem route with the 6 main LI (up until some point) or a solo route

Reactions: GmFn1869

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
Even more complicated when the person only stops to evaluate his teenage self when already into full-on middle age crisis terrain.

You can do that. But we're currently not at a point in the game where we can ditch them for good as they part of the main story. With side LI it's simple whether you are pursuing them or not.

1699102869329.png

Reactions: GmFn1869 and Sonico

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
You can do that. But we're currently not at a point in the game where we can ditch them for good as they part of the main story. With side LI it's simple whether you are pursuing them or not.

View attachment 3113857
Thanks for the reference - well, 5 out of 6 is far from bad, guess i'll suffer and endure some more. ;)
Maybe mistreating her a bit with full corruption to stave off the diabetes will help.

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
I am finding it awkward with the seduction/corruption points as I am not sure what the end result will be so I am suspecting a number a playthroughs for this to see what the results are.

Is there any potential gallery mod or perhaps a cheat mod expected in this?

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I am finding it awkward with the seduction/corruption points as I am not sure what the end result will be so I am suspecting a number a playthroughs for this to see what the results are.

Is there any potential gallery mod or perhaps a cheat mod expected in this?
I mean... Catherine Corruption route got quite dark pretty fast. So caution required I guess.

Reactions: Sonico

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I mean... Catherine Corruption route got quite dark pretty fast. So caution required I guess.
Indeed, though so far she seems to be something of a marked exception, possibly in part as reaction to how sacarine idealistic both her and the MC's initial crush on her are. Viktoria with the whole "bully or broken childhood friend" narrative might also end up involving some severe mood whiplash between paths. Time will tell.

And Steph is so kinky the difference might as well be rethorical. :ROFLMAO:

feier

Donor
Aug 27, 2021
new dev post

Development update – Another MMD

I pretty much did nothing but mapping for the whole week again, but I'll spare you the rant this time around. Whats important is that I'm as good as done with the mall map with only a few details for the surrounding streets remaining. I would have gotten it done today but stuff got in the way. I'll be able to finish it tomorrow though.

Accordingly I'll do the bonus scene next week as well. All the writing for it is already done so I think I should be able to release it reasonably soon. After that I can finally start rendering the scenes for v0.8. My initial goal was to get the update done before Christmas but mapping took so long that this is going to be a really tough deadline to keep. I'll do my best but you know how these things go, even when I'm confident in my schedule.

Anyway, I didn't really want to do another MMD so soon but I had all hands full trying to get the map done and making these is fun, easy and most importantly, fast. Now that I can start rendering though there should be some actual teasers on their way pretty soon.

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes