anon280

Nov 11, 2017
The human DNA and amoeba DNA derive from the same 4 nucleotides during formation of the strands. So technically we should find amoebas sexy...
i was not justifying the sexuality of it just linking the biology. and your example is reaching

Feb 19, 2020
I feel that with most of these Renpy adult games, they get their character models from the same place. Could anyone tell me where that is?

AlphaLewisX

Oct 16, 2018
sure, it's the character's/world's interpretation, moreso for a fictional being; "futa"
I find fictional futas sexy. But a penis and a clitoris having a common origin doesn't mean that "technically are the same". It's like saying a sword's blade is the same as an axe blade just because they were originally raw iron.

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
I have a full time job, unfortunately I can't release big updates.
I honestly should have said this when you originally responded, but I feel like you probably shouldn't be making this if you don't have the time for it. The development of this is going to take way too long since your job is very obviously going to demand more time away from this and the game will suffer from that. Especially if you are by yourself, which will only make updating the game a long and tedious process that would take half a decade to complete by yourself. And, even if you aren't by yourself, will still take much longer than necessary on account of the fact that it would likely be hard for you and your team to effectively communicate given you lack the time. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I just think that this was a bad idea on your part since you don't have the time to properly invest in this game/visual novel.

• Angry
Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
I find fictional futas sexy. But a penis and a clitoris having a common origin doesn't mean that "technically are the same". It's like saying a sword's blade is the same as an axe blade just because they were originally raw iron.
fair point. i was going to say that the alternative interpretation could just make this Futa's "dick" be an oversized clit BUT if it's capable of cumming then it's better labelled a penis

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I honestly should have said this when you originally responded, but I feel like you probably shouldn't be making this if you don't have the time for it. The development of this is going to take way too long since your job is very obviously going to demand more time away from this and the game will suffer from that. Especially if you are by yourself, which will only make updating the game a long and tedious process that would take half a decade to complete by yourself. And, even if you aren't by yourself, will still take much longer than necessary on account of the fact that it would likely be hard for you and your team to effectively communicate given you lack the time. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I just think that this was a bad idea on your part since you don't have the time to properly invest in this game/visual novel.
I sort of partially see your point here. But, it's kind of a bad take. Who are we, who are mostly getting the game for free, though of course some of us support devs we like on Patreon, to say that a dev can't release a game unless each update is lengthy. UFO has only been out little over a year, and there have been a handful of updates already. THat seems reasonable for a lone developer. There are quite a few very, very, popular and well regarded games here that only release every 8-12 months (or longer), and have much less content per update than UFO has in its one year of development time.

I do think that if you are accepting payment for your game on Patreon or elsewhere, you should make every effort to release an update every 2 or 3 months, whatever the length of the update. I know many devs don't do this, but that is my opinion. However, if the update takes a year, and can be played in less than 5 minutes (looking at you Unleashed and WVM), than I think it is fair to say something, since the dev has failed to live up to any reasonable expectations in a huge way.

But in this case, while nobody here would complain if updates were longer, I think it is reasonable. There are many, many, devs with much slower development (Radiant, cough, cough), that deserve criticism, but not 17 Monkeys with UFO.

I think he is doing a good job so far, with a very unique and fun game premise, and we should all encourage him to continue so we can enjoy seeing where the story goes.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
if a my i wish for a gallory so i can see the hot lady's but make it were each lady has there own gallory.

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
I sort of partially see your point here. But, it's kind of a bad take. Who are we, who are mostly getting the game for free, though of course some of us support devs we like on Patreon, to say that a dev can't release a game unless each update is lengthy. UFO has only been out little over a year, and there have been a handful of updates already. THat seems reasonable for a lone developer. There are quite a few very, very, popular and well regarded games here that only release every 8-12 months (or longer), and have much less content per update than UFO has in its one year of development time.

I do think that if you are accepting payment for your game on Patreon or elsewhere, you should make every effort to release an update every 2 or 3 months, whatever the length of the update. I know many devs don't do this, but that is my opinion. However, if the update takes a year, and can be played in less than 5 minutes (looking at you Unleashed and WVM), than I think it is fair to say something, since the dev has failed to live up to any reasonable expectations in a huge way.

But in this case, while nobody here would complain if updates were longer, I think it is reasonable. There are many, many, devs with much slower development (Radiant, cough, cough), that deserve criticism, but not 17 Monkeys with UFO.

I think he is doing a good job so far, with a very unique and fun game premise, and we should all encourage him to continue so we can enjoy seeing where the story goes.
You're not really engaging in the actual point here. I'm not complaining about the release time or whatever, as that's a pointless thing to be upset about when talking about game's development. My point was that if you don't have the time to properly invest in something, then it's not going to actually come to fruition the way that you want it because of that. I get that you're trying to, at the very least, make a fair point that he's doing his best with what he has. I get that. It's a fair statement to make. I'm just questioning the sense in doing so from the beginning if they knew they didn't have the time.

Because, as it stands, it'll take actual years for this game to make any real headway in comparison to those that have more time on their hands. On top of that, it is significantly more likely that the project will just get abandoned in the future because the dev just doesn't have the time. That's all I'm saying. I'm not calling them lazy or anything like that. I just feel like this is going to end up exactly the way one would expect a project that doesn't have full time investment behind it.

sanmal

Jul 30, 2017
View attachment 2134639

Overview:
A young man was abducted by aliens, but after 1000 years his cryogenics chamber will be found by sex dolls.
Thread Updated: 2023-02-08
Release Date: 2022-11-01
Developer: 17MOONKEYS -
Censored: No
Version: Ch.3 v0.4.6 Revised Beta
Language: English
Other Games: Our Secret
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Could you please give me some honest feedback?

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Android: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Other:
COMPRESSED*

Extras: Banner1 - Banner2 - Banner3 - Banner4

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.
View attachment 1886741 View attachment 2139721 View attachment 1489586 View attachment 1995548 View attachment 1995336 View attachment 1932847 View attachment 1886744 View attachment 1932850 View attachment 1820212 View attachment 1820351 View attachment 2062776 View attachment 2062722 View attachment 2062763 View attachment 2062720 View attachment 2062724 View attachment 2062725 View attachment 2062759 View attachment 2062782
OP Android - 110mb
OP COMPRESSED Android - 216mb
Where from first link?

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You're not really engaging in the actual point here. I'm not complaining about the release time or whatever, as that's a pointless thing to be upset about when talking about game's development. My point was that if you don't have the time to properly invest in something, then it's not going to actually come to fruition the way that you want it because of that. I get that you're trying to, at the very least, make a fair point that he's doing his best with what he has. I get that. It's a fair statement to make. I'm just questioning the sense in doing so from the beginning if they knew they didn't have the time.
Ok. Well all the dev said is a single sentence, "I have a full time job, unfortunately I can't release big update". My point is that for a game that has been out just over a year, the number and length of updates has been decent. Is UFO another Eternum or Artemis or CoBD in terms of length? Well, no. But 17 Monkeys has made a solid effort so far, and rather than tell him that he shouldn't have even started his game if his updates are not long enough to your liking, I'd rather he continue at his own pace, so we can all enjoy the game, whether it takes 1 year or 2 or 3 for it to be finished.

It's not the same cookie cutter generic game we see here popping up every day, so I think the dev should be encouraged to continue, even if the updates aren't large.

I just feel like this is going to end up exactly the way one would expect a project that doesn't have full time investment behind it.
Well, the dev has a full-time job, like most of us. How many hours a day to you expect him to devote to game development if he works 8 hours every weekday?

Will this game join the huge list of great, but eventually abandoned games? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. But telling the dev that if he can't devote full-time to development, than he shouldn't even start, makes it a lot more likely, if he is listening, that he may take your suggestion to heart and just stop working on it.

I for one rather see this game finished in 3 or 4 years, and enjoy the occasional update, while playing other games in the meantime, than see it abandoned. I think the dev has made something unique and special, and has a decent amount of Patron support for a first time small developer, so I hope he continued to develop it until the end, even if it is at the current pace of development, which is really not bad compared to many developers.

4.00 star(s) 119 Votes