Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v2.8.4

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Holy shit is that annoying. :KEK: I'll probably try once when you push the new version. If it ain't working it ain't working :HideThePain:
Looks like after compressing biggest file patch.xp3 game is working so I gonna post new version for testing. Files u need to compress files twice (with method I've posted above): patch.xp3, evimage.xp3, bgimage.xp3 since its have big opaque images that u need to compress to jpg since game can work with jpg instead of png (some kirikiri games can't do it). For all other xp3 files use just 2nd stage only.
1710176847930.png
(install on UAGC v2.8.0): fixes for xp3 compressor (for non latin folder names inside xp3 files and non transparent png images to jpg convertion)

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Looks like after compressing biggest file patch.xp3 game is working so I gonna post new version soon for testing. Files u need to compress files twice (with method I've posted above): patch.xp3, evimage.xp3, bgimage.xp3 since its have big opaque images that u need to compress to jpg since game can work with jpg instead of png (some kirikiri games can't do it). For all other xp3 files use just 2nd stage only.
View attachment 3432375
(install on UAGC v2.8.0): fixes for xp3 compressor (for non latin folder names inside xp3 files and non transparent png images to jpg convertion)
Will do that later. When I have more time. Thanks for the help.

megalol
Edit it looks like either the two smal xp3 bugged out the 2nd compression or there was nothing to compress anymore.
But bgimage. & evimage. gave 0 compressed files after they were done with the 2nd round.

As they are the 2 small files that has to be compressed 2 times, don't bother with it. I just thought I let you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: megalol

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Will do that later. When I have more time. Thanks for the help.

megalol
Edit it looks like either the two smal xp3 bugged out the 2nd compression or there was nothing to compress anymore.
But bgimage. & evimage. gave 0 compressed files after they were done with the 2nd round.

As they are the 2 small files that has to be compressed 2 times, don't bother with it. I just thought I let you know.
Yeah, it means all png/tlg images wasn't transparent inside those xp3's so 2nd pass wasn't needed and there are no bug. I actually didn't bothered to check with GARbro if all images inside those smaller xp3 files are opaque or not so said about 2nd stage just in case.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah, it means all png/tlg images wasn't transparent inside those xp3's so 2nd pass wasn't needed and there are no bug. I actually didn't bothered to check with GARbro if all images inside those smaller xp3 files are opaque or not so said about 2nd stage just in case.
Ahh alright. Thanks for fixing :giggle:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
does it have an impact on performance overall during gameplay ?
I wonder why game developers still stick to jpeg and png when there are so many new and better formats available that their engines actually support ?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
does it have an impact on performance overall during gameplay ?
I wonder why game developers still stick to jpeg and png when there are so many new and better formats available that their engines actually support ?
It's probably better ask dev's such question (I think sometimes just to make small game look bigger) but regarding performance: webp/VP9 should be fine even on potato PC (with Core2Duo CPU and better) but switching to avif/AV1 could be problematic for ancient computers. Jpeg not supports transparency so dev's usually don't use it and jpeg-xl not supported by RenPy yet. I wonder why compressors use avif/AV1 so rare: slow(er) compression speed, afraid of possible speed problems by potato PC users, don't wanna manually check RenPy version to know if it supports avif or not (regarding this I gonna make avif support auto detection so if enabled it would ask or compress game without asking depending on settings in some/next UAGC version)?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
It's probably better ask dev's such question (I think sometimes just to make small game look bigger) but regarding performance: webp/VP9 should be fine even on potato PC (with Core2Duo CPU and better) but switching to avif/AV1 could be problematic for ancient computers. Jpeg not supports transparency so dev's usually don't use it and jpeg-xl not supported by RenPy yet. I wonder why compressors use avif/AV1 so rare: slow(er) compression speed, afraid of possible speed problems by potato PC users, don't wanna manually check RenPy version to know if it supports avif or not (regarding this I gonna make avif support auto detection so if enabled it would ask or compress game without asking depending on settings in some/next UAGC version)?
I just like to try to keep original just in case, Dunno, I suppose if that format ends up better than auto-detection then would be good.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
The attached file makes it so UAGC renames the files in "UAGC_v2.8.1\UAGC\Scripts\rmv" so the renamer renames himself lol.
No clue why, maybe you can figure it out.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
The attached file makes it so UAGC renames the files in "UAGC_v2.8.1\UAGC\Scripts\rmv" so the renamer renames himself lol.
No clue why, maybe you can figure it out.
I dunno why u even tried to compress such small xp3 file that contains only 1 tiny png image (actually 2 tiny images, but pimg isn't supported anyway) and game scripts only but anyway I need *.vbs file (or even better whole folder after bug) from those "rmv" folder if possible coz I don't wanna have a mess in mine to test :D.

Reactions: Discoplayer1

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
I dunno why u even tried to compress such small xp3 file that contains only 1 tiny png image (actually 2 tiny images, but pimg isn't supported anyway) and game scripts only but anyway I need *.vbs file (or even better whole folder after bug) from those "rmv" folder if possible coz I don't wanna have a mess in mine to test :D.
I needed to get it as small as possible cause the uploader who wanted to crack the game has a limited data plan lol:HideThePain:
I’ll send it over after I am back from home.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I needed to get it as small as possible cause the uploader who wanted to crack the game has a limited data plan lol:HideThePain:
I’ll send it over after I am back from home.
Ok, but I don't think that compressing 18Kb png file would save him a lot of $ :D. Anyway it's probably 1 of 4 .scn files with non-latin names inside ur xp3 that leads to bug but since non-latin fix involves some regex usage that I hate (read don't understand well) so I dunno if and when it would be fixed. Also in other cases I don't recommend to touch small xp3 patch files that contains game translation coz I had problems with game after at least once when tried to do it.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Ok, but I don't think that compressing 18Kb png file would save him a lot of $ :D. Anyway it's probably 1 of 4 .scn files with non-latin names inside ur xp3 that leads to bug but since non-latin fix involves some regex usage that I hate (read don't understand well) so I dunno if and when it would be fixed. Also in other cases I don't recommend to touch small xp3 patch files that contains game translation coz I had problems with game after at least once when tried to do it.
Well as I didn't look inside the patch file just started it I didn't actually know what was inside lol. You never know, could be that it has 1 png file thats 10 MB big. :KEK:

Anyways here is the rmv folder.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Can u try to put those xp3 file to some simple folder name like C:\test\ and compress it there? I gonna go sleep now and currently can't check/test it.
It doesn't give the rename error anymore. Instead a different one:
1711057184640.png
This script is there (but wasn't there before I started compressing). No clue where it comes from.

Also it keeps compressing dunno what :KEK:
1711057086422.png
After the compression is done. It say no errors found. But the game aint starting anymore.

And now the counter tool on one of my machines isn't working anymore :(

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
It doesn't give the rename error anymore. Instead a different one:
View attachment 3466711
This script is there (but wasn't there before I started compressing). No clue where it comes from.

Also it keeps compressing dunno what :KEK:
View attachment 3466706
After the compression is done. It say no errors found. But the game aint starting anymore.

And now the counter tool on one of my machines isn't working anymore :(
xxxx.vbs file(s) here needs to undo the renaming for non-latin fix feature work on last stage after compression is done and should be auto deleted when compression is finished, btw that file I've asked u few post before for debug but in ur post/attachment it was missing coz was most likely was auto deleted (but I thought that it would be kept coz of renaming of files inside ur rmv folder). About more files u probably disabled "compress images to png" so it could lead to game stop working coz of not all kirikiri games supports jpg files that also could lead to increase number of procesed files (that would be more than total number coz some pngs would be processed twice). Counter tool usually should be fixed on UAGC restart. Does the game works for u before compressing? Anyway I'll check the game later.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Shattered Minds [v0.10] [eXtasy Games]
Compressed post is located here.
This game was compressed to avif/AV1 but game RenPy version (8.0.2) don't support it so game don't work. Probably u compressed some game to avif before and ur compression settings for next game was inherited from it. To prevent it for now just close (and open again after it) UAGC after auto compressing game to avif.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This game was compressed to avif/AV1 but game RenPy version (8.0.2) don't support it so game don't work. Probably u compressed some game to avif before and ur compression settings for next game was inherited from it. To prevent it for now just close (and open again after it) UAGC after auto compressing game to avif.
Hmm, I thought I closed it.

I see I had 2 open at the same time.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes