Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v3.0.7

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

For what compressor u want mass/bulk game compress feature?

• RPGM MV/MZ

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • HTML

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I want be able to bulk compress all engines (this is not planned since too hard to add)

• I want to compress all xp3 files in game folder (no u don't coz some games are encrypted)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I don't want this feature at all so don't waste ur time on it, just enjoy ur summer time :)

• I have potato PC

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I have average PC

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have fast PC

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I have super PC

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I'm now testing it. It's now run about 45 min and have proceeded 922 files from 10888. It seems that it now do severals task at once (That is a good improvement). Till now i get no error.
No, for now it still uses only one task but with higher CPU priority. On my CPU all files takes about 1 hour to process so it's still slow in ur case.

Reactions: Asenaris

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
No, for now it still uses only one task but with higher CPU priority. On my CPU all files takes about 1 hour to process so it's still slow in ur case.
Yes. Till now it has only proceeded 2800 files. Seems that it must be really optimized for AMD CPUs. In my opinion it should be marked at intel compatible only in the moment. So i can abort it now, or does you need to know anything else ?

My CPU usage is around 5-8 %.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Yes. Till now it has only proceeded 2800 files. Seems that it must be really optimized for AMD CPUs. In my opinion it should be marked at intel compatible only in the moment. So i can abort it now, or does you need to know anything else ?

No, thats enough, thx. I'll try to think something about speed improvement for ur CPU later.

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
hey Mega-was using your great program to optimize html games I have by re-encoding them to jxl for images and AV1 for video and works great using firefox nightly(which has built in jxl support) but the AV1 encoder would randomly skip video files and encode others just fine. Bizarre I can't explain it? I see it's using SVT and again randomly one file is 0 kb and the next encodes fine. I tried both crf and constant bitrate(which I prefer) and both had same results. Jxl encoding has no problems just AV1. Anyways just letting you know as it's a great way to losslessly optimize html games and thanks again!

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
hey Mega-was using your great program to optimize html games I have by re-encoding them to jxl for images and AV1 for video and works great using firefox nightly(which has built in jxl support) but the AV1 encoder would randomly skip video files and encode others just fine. Bizarre I can't explain it? I see it's using SVT and again randomly one file is 0 kb and the next encodes fine. I tried both crf and constant bitrate(which I prefer) and both had same results. Jxl encoding has no problems just AV1. Anyways just letting you know as it's a great way to losslessly optimize html games and thanks again!
Hi, it would help to solve problem faster if u post a few files with which u have problems (look for 0 kb ones and upload original that are non zero size) with AV1 encoding or game name (preferable not very big one). Maybe problem is it's extension coz not all file containers supports AV1 format. Or maybe it's coz of old version of ffprobe.exe.

Reactions: Asenaris and mav99

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
ok it's webm files and originals were vp8. I actually replaced ffprobe with an updated version from nanake who does daily non-free ffmpeg builds- I checked and includes everything in your build and more I believe(maybe I'm wrong) With some codecs like SVT making daily advances I try to stay on the bleeding edge ha. Anyways-On my laptop now they are on my Desktop will do and thanks!

thats the ffmpeg build I'm using with UAGC for reference

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
ok it's webm files and originals were vp8. I actually replaced ffprobe with an updated version from nanake who does daily non-free ffmpeg builds- I checked and includes everything in your build and more I believe(maybe I'm wrong) With some codecs like SVT making daily advances I try to stay on the bleeding edge ha. Anyways-On my laptop now they are on my Desktop will do and thanks!

thats the ffmpeg build I'm using with UAGC for reference
I've tried to convert 3 webm VP8 files to AV1 from 3 different games and all went fine. Try to compress it again on unmodified version of UAGC and if problem still exists send me problematica file for analizing 'em.

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
You are right and I stand corrected. Downloaded fresh version of 2.0 pre-release and applied all the patches posted and no blank files-I apologize. But one problem I noticed is that it's converting animated webp's to static jxl files. See if you can repro that I tested it twice. might happen with avif too but I don't use it. Anyways just trying to give some constructive QA so lmk thanks

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
You are right and I stand corrected. Downloaded fresh version of 2.0 pre-release and applied all the patches posted and no blank files-I apologize. But one problem I noticed is that it's converting animated webp's to static jxl files. See if you can repro that I tested it twice. might happen with avif too but I don't use it. Anyways just trying to give some constructive QA so lmk thanks
Animated webp to animated jxl or avif are not supported yet. I'll try to do something about it in future but not promise it.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Animated jxl is most likely for now is closed case coz it doesn't supported by any known tools and browsers. U can try to open it by urself and I'm almost sure that u can't do it.

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
Sorry Mega-should have been more clear it was reading animated webp files as static ones and converting to static jxl. I agree animated jxl not even in Firefox nightly yet it is proably too early. Idk maybe the fault lies in libvips and it can't distinguish between static and animated webp files when converting? But I believe you made the first GUI compatible with jxl .8 as when they switched over it broke all the old GUI's like Megapixel that I used to use so that's pretty cool!

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Sorry Mega-should have been more clear it was reading animated webp files as static ones and converting to static jxl. I agree animated jxl not even in Firefox nightly yet it is proably too early. Idk maybe the fault lies in libvips and it can't distinguish between static and animated webp files when converting? But I believe you made the first GUI compatible with jxl .8 as when they switched over it broke all the old GUI's like Megapixel that I used to use so that's pretty cool!
Fastest way to fix it is to make some option to avoid webp files with certain size (for example bigger 5Mb, or user should input it manually). In HTML compressor I have awebp compression support so I can possible add awebp detection in custom compressor also but it would slow down webp file processing. Or implement awebp to aavif convertion but it's not easy task.

Reactions: Asenaris and mav99

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017

Can u tell what AV do u use (and also make a quick test with AV turned off it if possible) coz I've asked dev of this tool and he told me that it works bad with some antivirus like Avast?

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Can u tell what AV do u use (and also make a quick test with AV turned off it if possible) coz I've asked dev of this tool and he told me that it works bad with some antivirus like Avast?
I really don't use any 3rd-Party AVs. Have also disabled the build in windows security.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I really don't use any 3rd-Party AVs. Have also disabled the build in windows security.
I've made that should hang even ur PC just for testing, can u try it? For final version I'll limit number of dds optimizer instances coz not it's unlimited and that makes even super fast PC looks like potato ones...

Last edited:

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
I've made that should hang even ur PC just for testing, can u try it? For final version I'll limit number of dds optimizer instances coz not it's unlimited and that make even super fast PC look like potato...
Will test it tomorrow if it is ok. And thanks for your effort. Have you perhaps a copy of a compressed games. My compression of the spellbook does not exist anymore ?

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Will test it tomorrow if it is ok. And thanks for your effort. Have you perhaps a copy of a compressed games. My compression of the spellbook does not exist anymore ?
Ur Spellbook repack link from compressed requests still alive
Btw I've uploaded another version of dds optimizer for testing that doesn't hang non potato PC (CPU usage should be about 88-99% at least for me).

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Ur Spellbook repack link from compressed requests still alive
Btw I've uploaded another version of dds optimizer for testing that doesn't hang non potato PC (CPU usage should be about 88-99% at least for me).
Good news. The complete process has take with your latest build 45min. The game is still very big (65,2GB) but it isnow fast. I have launched the unprep.exe (must i run the DDS Optimizer seperate ?). On the attach files you see my cpu usage during the process.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Good news. The complete process has take with your latest build 45min. The game is still very big (65,2GB) but it isnow fast. I have launched the unprep.exe (must i run the DDS Optimizer seperate ?). On the attach files you see my cpu usage during the process.
Yes, u need to run just "unREP_Unity_v_1_5.exe" but game size is weird coz it should be about 10Gb after installation. I need to test it by myself with latest optimizer version, maybe I did something wrong in "unREP_Unity_v_1_5.exe" code.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I've checked and in my case game size is 10.3 Gb after repack installation with this files.
Can u check again if u did all right (extracted and overwrited all files from dds_opt_ultrafast.7z to repack folder before its installation and run unREP_Unity_v_1_5.exe), in task manager go to details and look if there are DDS_Optimizer.exe processes and not magick.exe. Coz it seems that it just converted webp files with magick.exe, not with DDS_Optimizer.exe.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes