VN Ren'Py Completed Umichan Sentoryu [v1.6 Renpy Remake] [SpiralVortexPlay]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

dqwdasdqwdf

Dec 9, 2017
Trying to make all my future stuff work on android. Another reason to kinda ditch flash since I was coding in as2. But even with as3 I didn't want people to gave to deal with adobe air.

Thanks~ Yeah most of my stuff down the road will likely use Maiko. Carl is testing a different kind of MC like I did with Jeo.
I think Carl fits the criteria you describe once one can get over the aesthetics.

Though here he is mainly used as a catalyst to show the personalities of the other characters through someone other than Maiko. However he still has his own personalty that especially clashes with Jeni.

There is actually an image of Jeni sleeping that was not used that I'll probably toss in on a update.

Many thanks~

Thanks! I have a writer for this game so hopefully the writing is better XD

Thanks~ yeah I used tyranobuilder and I think it needs a bit of time to process data on transitions to new scenes.

yeah definitely not a fan of lot's of filler dialogue you have to keep clicking through, I just decided to use one line or so and wait for a click while the animation loops.

What would you suggest to make the animations better? These animations are are .gif so 12fps and with gif. its really tricky to sync sound. I think I can use webm. I might try that to get higher fps and synced sound. or was it something else I can improve about the animation itself to not look cheap?

You get Pattie to do it for you. She is the pink hair girl.

Still a bully but yeah his apperance was changed a lot on the redesign XD
Some people like the Maiko x David dynamic so It'll get interesting when Maiko lives in the same house as him in UMAA.

I'll ask jccq89 to post one if no one else does.

Yeah just trying something different here. A self proclaimed business shark that begins the game broke XD
does the file work?

i havent test it yet?

mdspt

Feb 21, 2018
What would you suggest to make the animations better? These animations are are .gif so 12fps and with gif. its really tricky to sync sound. I think I can use webm. I might try that to get higher fps and synced sound. or was it something else I can improve about the animation itself to not look cheap?
I just meant the animations themselves, they look mechanical, too linear. Like if you went on flash and just tweened some shapes. Like I said the game is better for having them, but keyframe animations just look better as they feel they have more personality. Tho i understand you don't want to hand animate everything, it's a PITA and you're gonna get a better returns on developing semi automated animations.

Reactions: 49khna

Nyels

Sep 26, 2017
Vortex, I'm a huge fan of your work. I just wanted to say thanks for all the hours of fun.

Reactions: digitall

vortex00

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2018
does the file work?
yep~

I just meant the animations themselves, they look mechanical, too linear. Like if you went on flash and just tweened some shapes. Like I said the game is better for having them, but keyframe animations just look better as they feel they have more personality. Tho i understand you don't want to hand animate everything, it's a PITA and you're gonna get a better returns on developing semi automated animations.
Thanks yeah just trying to get feedback I maybe be able to apply in future games. There's actually some pretty amazing hybrid animations out there I just have to get on that level. In a older game I made called the Rookie, the ending animations are little more dynamic. But even that was taking forever. I'll probably post that game around in a few days after I fix it up a bit.

Vortex, I'm a huge fan of your work. I just wanted to say thanks for all the hours of fun.
Thanks for the comment~!

Reactions: digitall

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Cool, I played the early Beta of this on your site, didn't know it was complete.
Looking forward to more Holly and Jeni!

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I'm just glad I get to see the best girl Jeni again. I do like her art style more in previous game though. Maybe it's the hair style.

Jan 15, 2018
(-) The MC was incredibly annoying atimes with all of his bragging about being a shark
and Holly's daughter comes off as sociopathic
(-) The 6 dollar paizuri scene with the Neko-girl was the most expensive and least worth scene
(-) UI and money. I felt like the interface was just unresponsive, moving between rooms can take probs like 5 seconds just because you have to wait about 2 seconds just to get a response out of the map button.
Money only goes up to 6 or so? everything else goes into the void, all stack-able items are consumed upon selling
I do have a weird bias towards Vortexx as well as ttrop's art so, i mean, i enjoyed this to some degree anyways
apart from the MC the rest are just a few minor things that nagged at me

Samga

Apr 4, 2017
Been waiting for Alma since umichan maiko v15 i think...now when Alma is finally giving into some steamy hot action...it's a redesigned not attractive clone character and not Alma anymore :'( sniff

Anbuja

Aug 23, 2016
Holy shiiitt this game took at least 3 times longer then it should have by being so slow in transitioning from screen to screen. Because the UI is so bad, which shouldnt be the case for SVP. Someone like SVP who makes games for like 4 years or more shouldve been able to do a better job imo.

vortex00

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2018
Cool, I played the early Beta of this on your site, didn't know it was complete.
Looking forward to more Holly and Jeni!
Hope you like it~

Anyone can say me tips of how gain money?
collect panties from Jeni's room, or give Pattie the Camera and sleep. Go to the bookstore in the mall and press the respective icons.

I'm just glad I get to see the best girl Jeni again. I do like her art style more in previous game though. Maybe it's the hair style.
I get that a lot. I might try to do some edits.

needs an ntr tag
it is a bit both of netorare and netori.

(-) The MC was incredibly annoying atimes with all of his bragging about being a shark
and Holly's daughter comes off as sociopathic
(-) The 6 dollar paizuri scene with the Neko-girl was the most expensive and least worth scene
(-) UI and money. I felt like the interface was just unresponsive, moving between rooms can take probs like 5 seconds just because you have to wait about 2 seconds just to get a response out of the map button.
Money only goes up to 6 or so? everything else goes into the void, all stack-able items are consumed upon selling
I do have a weird bias towards Vortexx as well as ttrop's art so, i mean, i enjoyed this to some degree anyways
apart from the MC the rest are just a few minor things that nagged at me
Thanks for the feedback~
Yeah sex scene dollar amount is based on the characters situation in the game. This is more or less intended.

I didn't think the UI was a big deal but I see a number of you all commenting about it. I'm not immediately sure what to do about the UI. I'd have to see what my options are. Tyranobuilder overall is a bit slow I think. I have a few more games I started in tyranobuilder that I plan to finish then I'll be moving to contruct2 pretty soon where I can make a lot of stuff from scratch. and it has way more optimization. The other tyranobuilder games I had planned won't use this kind of map button.

I was experimenting with a different money system in this game. yeah the cap is 8 "dollars". which can be some assumed value whatever you want. I figured it would simplify currency instead of having large number amounts, and establishing a way to easily get money coming in be an objective since you can't just stock up on tons of money all at once. It's not fully fleshed out here.

I highly doubt I'll have this MC as playable again so no worries there. Though he maybe show up in later games and player can decide how they want to interact with him as Maiko.

Been waiting for Alma since umichan maiko v15 i think...now when Alma is finally giving into some steamy hot action...it's a redesigned not attractive clone character and not Alma anymore :'( sniff
XD Idk I kinda like the redesign. Maybe I am used to it. What did you like about the old design? i can see what I can do.
Alma also appears in some miniflash stuff I made btw. I need to post them to the website.

Holy shiiitt this game took at least 3 times longer then it should have by being so slow in transitioning from screen to screen. Because the UI is so bad, which shouldnt be the case for SVP. Someone like SVP who makes games for like 4 years or more shouldve been able to do a better job imo.
XD
Very sorry I used a software tool called tyranobuilder to make this. Unlike flash it loads assets as it goes along instead of all at the beginning. I'll definitely be moving back to something more optimal for Umichan Maiko Agent Academy (UMAA).

Reactions: PugWug

vortex00

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2018
I am finding no way to get money. How do you earn cash?
visit the book store in the mall.
go back to the house and collect panties from Jeni's room during "Time Pass" events
you can trigger the event from the living room.
Go to the bookstore in the mall and press panty icon.

or if you helped Kyle you can give Pattie the Camera and sleep.
to sleep, trigger "Time Pass" event and go to Carl's room.
Pattie will send photos every time he wakes up from sleeping.
Go to the bookstore in the mall and press photo icon.

you can for example sleep twice in a row to get max money when you go back to the store.
same for panty stuff.

Jedskie

Jun 6, 2018
Can i have all complete save files link
I dunno how to pass or unlock the another route

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hope you like it~
It was nice, a little short compared to some of your others. Reminded me of the Aria: The Rookie in length, but I wasn't as thrilled with the UI. The bookstore, for one, if you chose one item there the others disappeared so if I sold panties and want to buy a book, click panty to sell, click the Mall icon and click the Bookstore again so I could buy a book.

Money balance, for the overall game, was ok. I had quite a few UMCH games where working the cafe I'd consistently have $30k or more with nothing to spend it on after awhile.

Jeni did seem a bit more psycho than she does in UMCH but maybe she mellowed, at least the rest of the story fits overall. That's the one thing I always found impressive with your games is you've kept the storyline fairly consistent across all the games. Nice to see more Holly, hope she shows up again, always thought she was a fun one.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes