Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Okay, so i started a new save, picked Villager with no Traits at all and...

1705170914092.png

...I have no blood, apparently. While i'm at it, at the very bottom of the TP list it lists 'Awaken 1/2' another three times.

Also, entering (and leaving) Kyle's Hairstyles takes 50 minutes, not 5. There may be a typo in the code there.

1705174135263.png

Christmas elf is missing some clothes, apparently. I just got the hat, already had the Santa outfit.

1705174861438.png

During time transitions there is some wonkiness with how models are placed into the game, this was immediately after (it normalizes half a second or so in and was i assume the reason for the fade to blacks every time)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Penitensary Oops! Blood is unused anyway until v34. Awaken is used as default template for new perks, I forgot disable something that wasn't ready, but it has no harm. Just checked Hairdresser location and it uses wrong coordinates (Main Street East instead of West, so 1 hour walk :p). Didn't test elf event, just made it available for homeless, so there's a chance that its clothes got outdated. Your "broken" models is the effect of new experimental change that allows you to disable screen fade in, but I forgot to make it disabled by default, so just turn it on in the settings again, if it's annoying. Anyway, all of it will be fixed in v33b, cheers!

Reactions: DoAdventures

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Ah, good. Always thought the Bald Guys had their heads up their asses, and now i had proof :)

Also noticed Kevin is a lot more gropey, now he's also grabbing Jane while she's helping customers at their table rather than just when she's standing behind the register. New addition?

1705186258921.png

Trait wise requirements don't seem to work yet (from what i could see anyway, this let me continue perfectly fine). Also, will there be a system again where, if you selected a Trait, you can't select its opposite as well? (Great Attitude/Bad Attutude, Fertile/Infertile, Lucky/Unlucky etc.). It used to be like that and i kind of miss it.

The weekly buffs are a nice addition, though it would also be good if there was someplace to see which ones were active on the Statistics screen somewhere. As it is now, you have no way of telling whether it's active or not, and with two Traits (Duality and Routine Girl) affecting them it would be good to know.

When changing into the uniform, it doesn't make much sense to have the option for 'Long version' to be there when you haven't unlocked the shorter uniform version yet, so it might be better to skip that choice until more options appear.

And lastly... Given that it would make sense, will movement speed eventually affect the time it takes to transition from one map to the next? If it takes 50 minutes on the average of 100 speed, it should take much less at a speed of 300+, right?

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

worobei

Dec 29, 2023
Greetings to all! When I first saw Mr. Unaware's game, I thought - okay, 2D and something interesting? Yes, this is a short review and words of gratitude :). The game surprised me very much - thoughtful dialogues, the world essentially lives its own life, and it is not you who choose what will happen, but the world itself (you will agree that this exists) and despite the fact that this is an indie game, a colossal amount of work has been done. It's fun to play, try different paths, different events. I’m from Russia myself, I understand that many people don’t like us, but you must admit that games unite us, despite the fact that both sides may be wrong. There are no bad nations, there are bad people, and why am I saying this? I’m saying that I decided to talk to the developer of this game and he answered me. This is a huge success for our contingent, and after having conversations and communicating with them, I can say that the developer of this game is a Man with a capital M. Thank you for what you do, I wish you good luck in life and the promotion of your projects, as well as this community. Unite, communicate, play, make friends!

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Also noticed Kevin is a lot more gropey, now he's also grabbing Jane while she's helping customers at their table rather than just when she's standing behind the register. New addition?
You see? Nobody reads the changelogs, ever :p

Penitensary Yep, trait requirements and excluding each other still don't work, I will add it as a part of v34 probably, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna block players from picking similar positive & negative traits, like Great/Bad Attitude, coz maybe they have some greater vision that I'm not aware of, and want to play this way :p

I wanted to make visible buffs & weekly buffs as a part of trait/perks UI as a quick fix, but it was an overkill, so it has to wait until I start doing some tweaks to the UI. And I know it's a very shitty reassurance, but I tested weekly buffs and their traits extensively, so they should work :p

Well, you have a point regarding clothes, but I left it, so players would know there's more than one outfit waiting for them.

That's actually a good idea, funny that I didn't think of it. Will make movement speed affect travel time still in v33b.

Cheers!

worobei Ohh, you so sweet <3 Thanks a lot mate, much appreciated! But if you want to leave a review, you should do it via reviews system on the top of the page, where you can also rate the game. And ye, I simply want to create games and stray from all the political, religious and all kinds of bullshit the world feeds us all on a daily basis. Cheers!

paw_beans

Modder
May 23, 2022
Upload + Mirrors for v33a EX Patreon

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

paw_beans

Modder
May 23, 2022
Enjoy bugs, lads! I'm officially leaving support for F95. Hopefully good hero paw_beans will take care of answering and explaining all the problems you might encounter from now on. Cheers!
Because i shared your patreon build on a piracy forum you are active on? You do know that's the main thing here right? I have even stopped updating my modded assembly which you always wanted. You pretty much said i should rather share the patreon builds than making a modded assembly.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Because i shared your patreon build on a piracy forum you are active on? You do know that's the main thing here right? I have even stopped updating my modded assembly which you always wanted. You pretty much said i should rather share the patreon builds than making a modded assembly.
Yeah, and you are fully aware of v33 still being in "beta" phase, and thus pretty bugged. And as always, I keep working on the latest major release until I believe it's playable, and then I officially announce that I leave the support. v32 reached "c", v31 reached "d", while v30 is the record holder with "l" suffix. And v33 is still in "a", so make a guess.

paw_beans

Modder
May 23, 2022
Yeah, and you are fully aware of v33 still being in "beta" phase, and thus pretty bugged. And as always, I keep working on the latest major release until I believe it's playable, and then I officially announce that I leave the support. v32 reached "c", v31 reached "d", while v30 is the record holder with "l" suffix. And v33 is still in "a", so make a guess.
well to be honest with your game it was more of a "version a, b, c, d, e" thing where i just thought this is how you do versioning.

• Angry
Reactions: Xakorik

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
well to be honest with your game it was more of a "version a, b, c, d, e" thing where i just thought this is how you do versioning.
Major updates (v30, v31, v32 etc.) add new features, and because I work alone and my game is open-world, I don't have time to spend hours testing every single thing I do, so I only test them in the prepared "closed" scenarios, thus bugs always happen. That's why I release Minor updates (v32a, v32b, v32c) as the part of the major update, and those are mainly hotfixes, but as I work on multiple things (to not get bored and to keep content flowing), I also add new content in the mentioned minor updates, coz I see no point in hoarding something that is ready, while instead I could make new major update more attractive and earn more $$$ this way.

I won't win with piracy, but I'm not gonna waste my time on providing support on F95, if people here won't even know (coz they don't care reading) that they are playing early-beta versions that are supposed to be riddled with bugs and are in testing phase. Most pirates simply see a game, download it, play, and then come shitting on the devs, coz it's unplayable (check every big game that got leaked before being released, and see how people shit on those games). My patrons are fully aware of the bugs being part of major releases, coz people tend to read before paying for something.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
You can't win with a ~7 million user base anyways. There is no winning. If there are 0 bugs, people will just shit on something else. Have you seen "every big game that got leaked", there are always tons of people shitting on them, lol. Most positive users won't comment.

if people here won't even know (coz they don't care reading)
Well if the version number from the archive says v33 Alpha/Beta/Full, at least people would see it.

paw_beans

Modder
May 23, 2022
Major updates (v30, v31, v32 etc.) add new features, and because I work alone and my game is open-world, I don't have time to spend hours testing every single thing I do, so I only test them in the prepared "closed" scenarios, thus bugs always happen. That's why I release Minor updates (v32a, v32b, v32c) as the part of the major update, and those are mainly hotfixes, but as I work on multiple things (to not get bored and to keep content flowing), I also add new content in the mentioned minor updates, coz I see no point in hoarding something that is ready, while instead I could make new major update more attractive and earn more $$$ this way.
So if i understand it correctly you have the major updates that increment numerically e.g. v30, v31, v32 etc. and the fixes for the current version increments alphabetically which would be a, b, c, d etc. which to me is pretty standard in the development space. If I understood all of this correct then I'm sorry but i don't see the issue you are having here with me sharing this particular build.

they are playing early-beta versions that are supposed to be riddled with bugs and are in testing phase.
Why not make a simple flag you can toggle in the code that shows a quick popup/disclaimer ingame that the current version is in alpha/beta stage and its probably riddled with bugs. Personally this seems to me like you make an issue out of something you shouldn't. All of this can be fixed/avoided on the development side with simple things. Additionally on the ingame version that is visible why not add -alpha/-beta to it? e.g. v33a-beta EX. You already have dev and such there if i remember correctly so adding this is pretty straight forward.

(check every big game that got leaked before being released, and see how people shit on those games).
With "big" are you referring to AAA games or big games on here specifically? If you mean AAA games then that is something different since they are made by big companies which have the resources to release it rather bug-free if they actually cared. If you are talking about games here then I'm sure that the people that actually care about the game will see and know its a leaked/early build and will tailor their expectations to it accordingly.

I won't win with piracy
From what i have seen and experience in the piracy scene you can "win" in a way. Don't implement roadblocks for pirates, if you want and can share your own "pirate" builds directly (i have seen quite a few devs do this and it actually made pirates buy and support their game and it tends to stick to your name/brand if done)

Last edited:

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I also add new content in the mentioned minor updates, coz I see no point in hoarding something that is ready, while instead I could make new major update more attractive and earn more $$$ this way.
FYI fixing released content without adding more content that could introduce new problems is a proven strategy. I don't think your supporters mind waiting a little longer when it reduces the number of bugs they'll encounter.
I've seen developers come and go here. The idea to release more often with less content is usually reserved for those who only use this schedule to stretch their content even further. :cool: Often happens in the 2nd year of development.

boratrix

Jan 23, 2022
Any way to cheat the character creation available Trait Points ?
Cheat engine doesn't seem to work and I can't seem to be able to access the debug menu in both the character creation and after as F4 doesn't see to do anything

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
So if i understand it correctly you have the major updates that increment numerically e.g. v30, v31, v32 etc. and the fixes for the current version increments alphabetically which would be a, b, c, d etc. which to me is pretty standard in the development space. If I understood all of this correct then I'm sorry but i don't see the issue you are having here with me sharing this particular build.
If i were to hazard a guess, it would be because you shared the EX version, which is basically the version people get by paying for it. A non-EX version would likely not have caused much of an issue as those are to convince people to visit Patreon.

Why not make a simple flag you can toggle in the code that shows a quick popup/disclaimer ingame that the current version is in alpha/beta stage and its probably riddled with bugs. Personally this seems to me like you make an issue out of something you shouldn't. All of this can be fixed/avoided on the development side with simple things. Additionally on the ingame version that is visible why not add -alpha/-beta to it? e.g. v33a-beta EX. You already have dev and such there if i remember correctly so adding this is pretty straight forward.
Personally, i assume everything i play has bugs in it, regardless if its version number is 1.3 or 0.00219a. Regardless though, there actually IS a mention that it's in beta right on the title screen:

1705346909085.png

"v33a is in a beta state, so play at your own risk"

You could turn it into a popup, but then people would get pissed over having to click an extra time.

With "big" are you referring to AAA games or big games on here specifically? If you mean AAA games then that is something different since they are made by big companies which have the resources to release it rather bug-free if they actually cared. If you are talking about games here then I'm sure that the people that actually care about the game will see and know its a leaked/early build and will tailor their expectations to it accordingly.
There is. If you're playing a build with EX in it, it's either because you paid for it or it got leaked. If you want a relatively stable version, grab a copy without EX in it. It'll not have the shiny new features, but those that are there will have been tested.

From what i have seen and experience in the piracy scene you can "win" in a way. Don't implement roadblocks for pirates, if you want and can share your own "pirate" builds directly (i have seen quite a few devs do this and it actually made pirates buy and support their game and it tends to stick to your name/brand if done)
Unaware was here giving active support, wasn't he? Same title screen even mentions that he's giving away game releases for free if anyone runs into a gamebreaking bug, which is ALSO in the News section of the game's title screen. So much for reading comprehension eh?

And the only thing he asked for in return is to not share it with anyone.

Reactions: bro111
3.50 star(s) 31 Votes