Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I really don't get why so many of you exist here. It's like going to a BBQ no one invited you to attend and then complaining about everyone eating meat because you're a vegetarian and it offends you.

And even more stupidly ironic is whining to pirates about pirating as if they would genuinely care without at least even acknowledging the degree of nuance existing in piracy, finite as it is.

Frankly accounts that flatly complain about piracy like you did should get temp or permanent bans and told to go elsewhere so we can be done with it, as it serves no purpose and makes zero sense.

From what I understand, SOMETIMES the creator's wishes are upheld here, but it's a very "case by case" then and even from my experience lurking before I created this account, we more commonly just ignore them.

If you're such a saint you really should just delete your account and leave.
I am not complaining about piracy. You are correct that if i had irreconcilable opinions about piracy i wouldn't even have made an account in the first place. What i AM doing is giving my opinion on why Unaware ended support for his game on F95 and that it did indeed mention specifically that it was in a beta stage.

So no, i will not be deleting my account nor likely get a ban, temporary or otherwise, for the mortal sin of disagreeing with you. As you said, sometimes the wishes of the creator are upheld here -- i am of the opinion that this was one of those times ("You don't leak EX builds, in return i spend time actively replying to this topic"), others clearly are not. And that's fine, that's what a forum is for.

In the end, you gave your opinion and i gave mine: That's all there is to it.

While I get how annoying all the complaining can be, this is a him problem, not an us problem. He decides how he wants to handle bugs and subsequent reports, and I'd imagine there are enough dumb people in the world that you're going to get complaints even for something clearly labeled a beta.

It's like needing to have a thick skin if you're a public content creator of any kind, because people while hate on you for no reason other than to get a reaction or just because they're naturally bitter and spiteful, so if you let it get to you you'll crumble quick.

That whole post was a melodramatic, but whatever. I actually prefer it when devs stay out of the forums.
Oh, definitely. Or because they feel they deserve the absolute latest update the minute it's released, or it has a tag they don't like so that content obviously needs to be removed... I'm fine with devs being in the forums myself as it gives a different perspective and the threads end up more alive because of them (and not just for being a reliable source of information), but to each their own, i guess.

fakehb

Jun 30, 2020
You lose all sympathy as a dev when you lock cheats in your heavy grind game behind a paywall.
Would you rather that content was locked behind a paywall (I wouldn't, especially since cheat engine exists)? If not cheats, then what is acceptable?

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Would you rather that content was locked behind a paywall (I wouldn't, especially since cheat engine exists)? If not cheats, then what is acceptable?
Okay, okay, wild thought, hold on--how about they finish the damn game and then sell a complete product?

Not gonna stop piracy but I promise you it will make you look better and make a good slew of us seriously consider actually buying the game.

But the vast majority of us are flatly against supporting games via patreon for numerous highly valid reasons and that's without already accounting that western developers, especially those featured on this site in particular for some reason, have a god awful track record for actually finishing games, while Japan at least mostly takes the indie ero scene somewhat seriously.

Even someone like me who has zero issues pirating buys games if I they're actually finished.

I do not buy many western ero games. Guess why.

I am not complaining about piracy. You are correct that if i had irreconcilable opinions about piracy i wouldn't even have made an account in the first place. What i AM doing is giving my opinion on why Unaware ended support for his game on F95 and that it did indeed mention specifically that it was in a beta stage.

So no, i will not be deleting my account nor likely get a ban, temporary or otherwise, for the mortal sin of disagreeing with you. As you said, sometimes the wishes of the creator are upheld here -- i am of the opinion that this was one of those times ("You don't leak EX builds, in return i spend time actively replying to this topic"), others clearly are not. And that's fine, that's what a forum is for.

In the end, you gave your opinion and i gave mine: That's all there is to it.

Yeah okay, sure, whatever you say. I'm not your therapist and I don't care that you're seemingly conflicted about this, but is my OPINION that you should stop being snide to people and not-so-cheekily assume that the poor poor dev only asked not to pirate their game in exchange for dubious, unasked-for charity (worthless, but again that's just my opinion).

I will have to take your word on devs here having "a different perspective," because I haven't seen it unless you're talking about things to do with development that don't have to be on this forum.

The devs who are already one of us and directly interact with the community typically also don't complain about piracy because they're not that stupid, hence no issues or conflict.

retardo

Sep 17, 2017
Okay, okay, wild thought, hold on--how about they finish the damn game and then sell a complete product?

Not gonna stop piracy but I promise you it will make you look better and make a good slew of us seriously consider actually buying the game.
to play devil's advocate many of the games that exist on here would not exist if they couldn't get funding during development.

Veteran2022

Jan 7, 2018
JP devs and mangaka are like...
cb8eff47b8d7b0d780a91a843e4faaad.gif
And many of them dont even have any kind of funding, they just work their main jobs to their death and make games/draw arts in their free times, these Japanese guys are really something.

Reactions: Charl9

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Ok so, long time dirty cheating pirate here. I do buy games but only the good ones that acually have replay value(as in I'm getting my money's worth) or those that have a good price point(and that's a steal of a deal mind you). If it's just a quick pick me up or a mindless need for a murder all mobs session then no, there dime a dozen I'm not paying for somthing that's not a creators truly original ideal. (Very few games ever display such as a original or new ideal there almost always a clone, remake, or parady of some other game). So if I'm paying for something that you really didnt come up with then it at least needs to be worth it.(as in you labored hard and made a great game, and truly deserve some compensation for your effort)

As for cheating, CHEAT HAPPENS bro. A dev can spend a majority of their time preventing it and the development of the game suffers or they can just realize its gonna happen and move on, work on what's important finishing there game.

Lastly, so if been wating and wating, prolly still be wating for a while(that's ok I'll wait), for the update when the dev adds lots more clothing options(preferably a lot of lewd n depraved options)

fdiscodude

Feb 19, 2018
I won't win with piracy, but I'm not gonna waste my time on providing support on F95, if people here won't even know (coz they don't care reading) that they are playing early-beta versions that are supposed to be riddled with bugs and are in testing phase. Most pirates simply see a game, download it, play, and then come shitting on the devs, coz it's unplayable (check every big game that got leaked before being released, and see how people shit on those games). My patrons are fully aware of the bugs being part of major releases, coz people tend to read before paying for something.
U do realize nearly EVERY game on this site is in alpha, beta, pre-lease, post-tech, v0.1, 0.2 ect ect. Just about everyone here with half a brain is aware of buggy functionality. It's the smurfs you're concerning yourself with, and you shouldn't

Also keep in mind, any roadblock you put in a game only effects paying customers. Pirates will get around all of it given time. No kind of restriction or DRM will stop pirates. The way you turn pirates is by making a game they love with features they love, and you give them the chance to love it. I patreon literally every game that I consider S tier. Speaking of that, gotta check for updates ondefenestration and transylvanias patreon. I know its not like normal, but this is the only way to turn us into $$$. It's not like we are the majority, so chill out man.

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
U do realize nearly EVERY game on this site is in alpha, beta, pre-lease, post-tech, v0.1, 0.2 ect ect. Just about everyone here with half a brain is aware of buggy functionality. It's the smurfs you're concerning yourself with, and you shouldn't
Clicks on Latest Updates
Clicks on Prefix: Status
Clicks the checkmark next to "Completed"
7,710 results.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
I can't remember where I saw comments being marked under a particular game version, but such a feature seems useful.

This is, after all, a singular, continuous thread.

Last edited:

fdiscodude

Feb 19, 2018
Clicks on Latest Updates
Clicks on Prefix: Status
Clicks the checkmark next to "Completed"
7,710 results.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Try searching for non-complete games. If you're gonna do science, do it right and learn how ratios work. Thank you and good bye

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
>Posting on [v69k EK]

>MC's anus is bugging out.
>Deeply disturbing game.
>Can't play with a glitchy butthole.
>Dev should spend the next month or so with a keen eye on MC's butthole.

>But my mom caught me jerking.
>10/10.
>Would play again.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
As you said, sometimes the wishes of the creator are upheld here -- i am of the opinion that this was one of those times ("You don't leak EX builds, in return i spend time actively replying to this topic"), others clearly are not. And that's fine, that's what a forum is for.
Actually no, whether a build gets leaked here or not is entirely between the dev and his own supporters. The site admins only interfere if the leaked version has banned content, like something that goes against rule 7 for example. If the dev wants leaks to stop then he needs to address his supporters, who are the ones leaking it and not the pirates who just happen to receive the leak.

Reactions: Donjoe81
3.50 star(s) 31 Votes