Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I was looking at the Steam page and a lot of negative reviews are claiming the dev said in discord that he was planning to abandon the game, is that true?
I checked, and he replied to one of the negative reviews (game's still on Positive btw), so i'll just paste it here. Figured that works better than trying to explain it in my own words:

To clarify some things, as there seems to be a lot of confusion:

I'm mainly working on "Unaware in The City: Revisited", which is a remastered and vastly improved version of the game. This time, I'm doing it with a team of 4-6 people instead of mostly alone. I aim to release a demo in December. I won't get into the details of "why" here, but in short, there have been technical issues that have been causing problems for a long time and might force me to drop the project next year anyway.

I didn't say anything about abandoning the game within 1-2 months. I want to support it until I release the remaster because it would be pointless and really straining to update two similar games simultaneously (though that's what I'm doing now because my patrons asked me to).

The Steam version is exactly the same as the version I advertise on my other sites and will receive all the same updates. There's no "bare minimum" approach here - you get the normal game. The only difference is Steam's rules, which prevent me from advertising other websites, so I had to remove bonus buttons and the news section from the Steam version.

I could have marked the game as finished and released it for ~$10 like others, but that didn't feel right, so I went with early access and charged a mere $1 (including regional pricing). So, I'm sorry to hear that even $1 for a game can't be justified, despite me working on it for years and providing more than a few hours of gameplay.

All the stuff mentioned above has nothing to do with how well the game sold on Steam. Steam was never meant to be my main income, so you can enjoy the game without any DLCs or cut content, and as a bonus, it's also sold dirt cheap.

Also, yes, we talked about this on Discord, and you seemed to understand the situation and be fine with it, but now you left and edited the review, making me go pikachu.gif.

And yes, I try to be as honest and transparent as possible, and it will be my undoing.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017

I am aware there is already a patch, but I'm not OK with how it is marked up as virus everywhere so you can't even download it normally. Also it will do lots of unnecessary work as well as open some youtube videos in your browser if you have furries enabled in this game, which I find somewhat funny, but unacceptable
Buddy, that patch flags nothing for me and I have a pretty stringent setup.

Crinjss

Jul 10, 2022
Is it possible to somehow play as a man in this game? Does the game look interesting? But I can't stand gameplay as a woman. Maybe there are some mods?

ronzion`

Feb 28, 2020
It was supposed to be 7 days after the Patreon release, but since I'm a moron and used 30th instead of 31st while announcing it, it's a day earlier. Enjoy!

Public Release - UiTC v37b Basic

View attachment 3903907
I love your game very comfortable and easy to play and I really look forward to the next updates

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Raswedj

Feb 27, 2020
I was looking at the Steam page and a lot of negative reviews are claiming the dev said in discord that he was planning to abandon the game, is that true?
What talk you by me are the rezession very positiv in steam, and if only one wrote this you must not think thats that true. I like this game and only one negativ is not the world end

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
theillusionxo It won't work on your phone, because it doesn't support 32 bit apps. Game will be ported to 64 bit .apk next year.

johnyakuza1 Yeah, we use Spine 4.2, and the jiggling boobs were done solely using physics, which will also be used for hairs and some clothes.

Poggersq Sorry, but I'm not interested in yet another "give us cheats for free" discussion. I'll just say that I didn't do anything to prevent CheatEngine from working, while it would be a really easy thing to do, and despite selling cheats myself. Yeah, skill issue at making money.

SparklingInfrared Theoretically Rick should work on old saves, as it only checks if previous event was triggered, but I didn't test it.

__b If I wanted to do what majority wanted, then I would go with another VN game, coz they are so much easier to make and money are also better. I got inspired by Insexsity & Fleeting Iris games, and wanted to do the game about a naive girl in a big city. Making male MC is like asking for a 2nd game, so maybe one day if I had too much money and I could hire people to help me develop 2nd game, then maybe, maaaybe.

fp5kaioken Cheats are accessible in SemiAware tier, but also in Aware & OverAware tiers.

alternativeshame Tatsulover69 If I was to abandon the project, I wouldn't hire more people, spam sneakpeaks and pump so much money & time into it. Also, those 2 guys who wrote negative reviews on Steam can't fucking read and have no clue what I am doing, even after explaining it to them. Or they just got mad that for $1 they won't get a game with 1000 hours of gameplay.

Crinjss No playable man in the game, and it's impossible to change that even with mods, because it's like asking for a 2nd game.

Veevus All tags are in the game, but they don't have the same amount of content. Some are literally a few or only one scene.

ronzion` You would need to lose your home by getting kicked out from it by Albert, so you have to stop paying him for rent. No clue what you mean by power of shower, but you can also restore cleanliness by buying & using wipes.

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
theillusionxo It won't work on your phone, because it doesn't support 32 bit apps. Game will be ported to 64 bit .apk next year.

johnyakuza1 Yeah, we use Spine 4.2, and the jiggling boobs were done solely using physics, which will also be used for hairs and some clothes.

Poggersq Sorry, but I'm not interested in yet another "give us cheats for free" discussion. I'll just say that I didn't do anything to prevent CheatEngine from working, while it would be a really easy thing to do, and despite selling cheats myself. Yeah, skill issue at making money.

SparklingInfrared Theoretically Rick should work on old saves, as it only checks if previous event was triggered, but I didn't test it.

__b If I wanted to do what majority wanted, then I would go with another VN game, coz they are so much easier to make and money are also better. I got inspired by Insexsity & Fleeting Iris games, and wanted to do the game about a naive girl in a big city. Making male MC is like asking for a 2nd game, so maybe one day if I had too much money and I could hire people to help me develop 2nd game, then maybe, maaaybe.

fp5kaioken Cheats are accessible in SemiAware tier, but also in Aware & OverAware tiers.

alternativeshame Tatsulover69 If I was to abandon the project, I wouldn't hire more people, spam sneakpeaks and pump so much money & time into it. Also, those 2 guys who wrote negative reviews on Steam can't fucking read and have no clue what I am doing, even after explaining it to them. Or they just got mad that for $1 they won't get a game with 1000 hours of gameplay.

Crinjss No playable man in the game, and it's impossible to change that even with mods, because it's like asking for a 2nd game.

Veevus All tags are in the game, but they don't have the same amount of content. Some are literally a few or only one scene.

ronzion` You would need to lose your home by getting kicked out from it by Albert, so you have to stop paying him for rent. No clue what you mean by power of shower, but you can also restore cleanliness by buying & using wipes.
fair.

__b

Mar 4, 2020

I really liked the art in your game so that's why I wanted a male protagonist version, but I understand that you want to create the game that you enjoy. Female protagonist is just not my type but I wish you good luck on the game.

ronzion`

Feb 28, 2020
1723068928832.png ל 1723068928832.png What is he telling me between 18:00-00:21 on Friday and Saturday there is a meeting with the friend but when the day arrives there is no marking what am I missing something?

3.50 star(s) 31 Votes