Ren'Py Abandoned Under House Arrest Reboot [Ch. 2 Halloween] [HSA GAMES]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The thread for this game was created fairly recently and they only published 2 updates, that's what I was referring to. Expecting to earn a living from your Patreon within that time is kind of naive.
And yes, I read that on their Patreon page before it was shut down, that the money was the reason for the quitting, thereof the "ragequit".
This is the reboot, however; if you look at the original Under House Arrest thread (also here on F95; you can probably link to it in Similar Threads, at the bottom of this page), it was started back in 2018. So that's over 3 years as a developer.

Reactions: Silk_Ari

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
So having responsibilities and not being able to continue development because you don't have the time and money to do so is rage quitting.

mmmmkay.

You know, people should come over to my house and be my personal slave I'll pay them a dollar an hour, then when they quit after 3 years I'll come here and post how they rage quit lol

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
So having responsibilities and not being able to continue development because you don't have the time and money to do so is rage quitting.

mmmmkay.

You know, people should come over to my house and be my personal slave I'll pay them a dollar an hour, then when they quit after 3 years I'll come here and post how they rage quit lol
I completely understand how IRL things happen that impact your plans in both the short and long term. That said, I immediately loved this reboot and am also sad not to see it go further, not only with regards to each of the characters (minus Rose...sorry not sorry) but with the premise as well. If for some reason your situation changes that would make you consider revisiting this VN, I'd love to support it!

JDVT

Sep 23, 2018
What is the point in making a reboot of the game if it was gonna get abandoned.
If I knew the model assets I would do something different and keep going with the
story until it is finished. But I guess we will never know the Female Assets of the models.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What is the point in making a reboot of the game if it was gonna get abandoned.
If I knew the model assets I would do something different and keep going with the
story until it is finished. But I guess we will never know the Female Assets of the models.
Yep, I agree. I posted about it earlier here. I don't think trying to reboot this game was the move to make. I like this game too, but if it wasn't making them successful the first time, trying to reboot it before they had gained momentum to continue regularly making adult games seems like a mistake to me. So they rebooted this, did a Halloween update, and then abandoned it. :cry:

Reactions: JDVT

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Yep, I agree. I posted about it earlier here. I don't think trying to reboot this game was the move to make. I like this game too, but if it wasn't making them successful the first time, trying to reboot it before they had gained momentum to continue regularly making adult games seems like a mistake to me. So they rebooted this, did a Halloween update, and then abandoned it. :cry:
Actually, the game was put on hold to do Oath of loyalty, we decided to start working on the reboot as we were completing OOL (which we did complete) ... We wanted to make the visuals more appealing and change the system a little bit to make it more manageable, but in the end, lack of support pretty much terminated everything going forward. so....

• Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Actually, the game was put on hold to do Oath of loyalty, we decided to start working on the reboot as we were completing OOL (which we did complete) ... We wanted to make the visuals more appealing and change the system a little bit to make it more manageable, but in the end, lack of support pretty much terminated everything going forward. so....
If you completed OOL then why does it say abandoned?
All games tied to you are listed as abandoned so you no longer should have dev tags.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If you completed OOL then why does it say abandoned?
All games tied to you are listed as abandoned so you no longer should have dev tags.
It actually was completed, though: https://f95zone.to/threads/oath-of-loyalty-ch-10-rev-games.51991/post-10015825 — it's incorrectly labeled as Abandoned (not sure why).
My point was that if momentum wasn't building with what you had done so far, a shift in direction might have been needed. I thought you did a great job with your games, but if the money wasn't coming in something would've had to change. Returning to Under House Arrest, which I loved BTW, isn't the problem in and of itself. What I was trying to say was just that this game didn't seem to boost your earnings enough either time (originally or when resumed), so maybe something else could've been pursued. I'm not going to pretend I have the answers to what happened, though. And I am sorry that things didn't work out, truly. I was looking forward to where you guys might have taken this in the future. :(

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It actually was completed, though: https://f95zone.to/threads/oath-of-loyalty-ch-10-rev-games.51991/post-10015825 — it's incorrectly labeled as Abandoned (not sure why).

My point was that if momentum wasn't building with what you had done so far, a shift in direction might have been needed. I thought you did a great job with your games, but if the money wasn't coming in something would've had to change. Returning to Under House Arrest, which I loved BTW, isn't the problem in and of itself. What I was trying to say was just that this game didn't seem to boost your earnings enough either time (originally or when resumed), so maybe something else could've been pursued. I'm not going to pretend I have the answers to what happened, though. And I am sorry that things didn't work out, truly. I was looking forward to where you guys might have taken this in the future. :(
I will try and get the completed tag for it then.

ADD: Which one was completed yours or this one.
https://f95zone.to/threads/under-house-arrest-v0-6-1r-silk-ari.20532/

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

Well the issue is, and I already said it in the OOL thread, building games is a full time job. I know people will say, no you can take longer times to build, do it on weekends, in free time, etc. etc. The problem is that WAS what I was doing (for 3 yrs). Everything I've done was done while working a full time job. That means you spend pretty much all your free time developing the game and have time for nothing else. Now, that's fine I guess? if you have no responsibilities... but life has this tendency of changing. Things change, situations change. My situation changed in regards to work, to personal life, to time allocation. Basically my time needed to be invested elsewhere. At that point also, I was pretty much discouraged that this could evolve to a full time job as again, like I said, support was not there to permit it.

Another thing that I dislike is having people support me and not being able to deliver. I always had the mindset that I had a contract with my patrons, whether it was 1$, 5$ 20 $ 50$ it made no difference, the contract was a update was to be done on a regular basis. Thats what you expect when you become a patron, to string people along and just say... (like many do here) well, update coming...some day... sometime before summer? WTF. Why people stand for that and dev's don't feel guilty for taking people's hard earned money like that blows my mind.

Anyway. tl/dr Im just rambling again.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well the issue is, and I already said it in the OOL thread, building games is a full time job. I know people will say, no you can take longer times to build, do it on weekends, in free time, etc. etc. The problem is that WAS what I was doing (for 3 yrs). Everything I've done was done while working a full time job. That means you spend pretty much all your free time developing the game and have time for nothing else. Now, that's fine I guess? if you have no responsibilities... but life has this tendency of changing. Things change, situations change. My situation changed in regards to work, to personal life, to time allocation. Basically my time needed to be invested elsewhere. At that point also, I was pretty much discouraged that this could evolve to a full time job as again, like I said, support was not there to permit it.

Another thing that I dislike is having people support me and not being able to deliver. I always had the mindset that I had a contract with my patrons, whether it was 1$, 5$ 20 $ 50$ it made no difference, the contract was a update was to be done on a regular basis. Thats what you expect when you become a patron, to string people along and just say... (like many do here) well, update coming...some day... sometime before summer? WTF. Why people stand for that and dev's don't feel guilty for taking people's hard earned money like that blows my mind.

Anyway. tl/dr Im just rambling again.
Ultimately, I want you to know that I was never trying to give you a hard time of anything at all. Circumstances being what they are, you have to do what you have to do. I would never fault you for anything like that, and anything anyone might say negatively about that shouldn't matter either. Only you know your circumstances. I do hope you are well generally and am happy to see you still come on this site from time to time. Heart.png

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
I equipped the lock pick and it still won't give me a option to use it on the garage door in the beginning of the game.

KGregory

Jul 9, 2019
Really liked both these VN's (games) and they were a credit to you. Was Part 2 of Oath of Loyalty completed? I was sorry that Under House of Arrest was never completed, and I understand your reasoning, would like to have known the outcome. Best wishes to you moving forward.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes