Ren'Py Abandoned Under House Arrest Reboot [Ch. 2 Halloween] [HSA GAMES]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Blue Milk

Apr 27, 2021

Sad news, sad day.

Dear patrons and friends. It is with great regret I must inform you on our decision to end this Patreon and all our game development.

The lack of support has led us to make tough life decisions. Currently we must pursue other venues or revenue which will result in very little time to dedicate to creating games.

A big thank you to everyone who has supported us. All good things.

This Patreon will be deleted in 24hours.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Sad news, sad day.

Dear patrons and friends. It is with great regret I must inform you on our decision to end this Patreon and all our game development.

The lack of support has led us to make tough life decisions. Currently we must pursue other venues or revenue which will result in very little time to dedicate to creating games.

A big thank you to everyone who has supported us. All good things.

This Patreon will be deleted in 24hours.
I'm not sure if after abandoning the original Under House Arrest to create Oath of Loyalty, trying to revive this game was the move to make. It doesn't seem to have really given them a boost to their patrons. As usual, consistency and persistence would probably eventually have gotten them to a much better position generally. They talk about lack of support, but other than a dip after Halloween, it looks like their number of patrons was steadily on the rise. But, bills need to be paid, and it sounds like they could no longer sustain game development at their current earnings (just over US$400 monthly).

Last edited:

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
It's sad to see this team go because they were honestly talented and had already proven themselves by finishing a great game. I wish them nothing but luck in their future endeavors. A part of me hopes that they'll stay tuned into the community and take another stab at development one day when they're more stable, but with both their Patreon and Discord going out it looks like they might be planning to go full AFK. Even so, I appreciate the work they've done.

war117

Nov 9, 2017
It’s kind of sad this game has potential and the fact that they we are trying to reboot the game probably wasn’t the best move have they kept on doing the original game then maybe they could’ve got an a lot more successful I mean instead of a abandoning game development what they could do is put it on hold focus on their finances stability and then when they felt the time is right go back into it

Last edited:

Hallanorg

Sep 14, 2021
damn, was really looking forward to this, great models, erotic , interested in the story and liked the UI and features.

Jennova21

Jan 3, 2022
Sad to learn that this game has been cancelled. I really enjoyed the art style in this game, which although nothing new in a market crowded with DAZ renders, was well lit, composed and executed. Hopefully the developers of this game will revisit it at some point or start work on a new game.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

fz

Jun 16, 2017
Sad to learn that this game has been cancelled.
Yeah, me too. I really liked the game, but the developer just rage quit and even deleted his patreon just because he didn't earn big bucks in the first 4 months...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, me too. I really liked the game, but the developer just rage quit and even deleted his patreon just because he didn't earn big bucks in the first 4 months...
To be fair, it's been 3 years since they started. So although I assumed you were being hyperbolic, saying "the first 4 months" is a bit of an overexaggeration. Trying to stick with something that long when it takes all of your extra time and some of your money earned elsewhere can be difficult. I can't judge what their own specific situations were IRL, but it's possible they had family stresses or similar that made them stop. We'll never know, I suppose.

fz

Jun 16, 2017
To be fair, it's been 3 years since they started. So although I assumed you were being hyperbolic, saying "the first 4 months" is a bit of an overexaggeration. Trying to stick with something that long when it takes all of your extra time and some of your money earned elsewhere can be difficult. I can't judge what their own specific situations were IRL, but it's possible they had family stresses or similar that made them stop. We'll never know, I suppose.
The thread for this game was created fairly recently and they only published 2 updates, that's what I was referring to. Expecting to earn a living from your Patreon within that time is kind of naive.
And yes, I read that on their Patreon page before it was shut down, that the money was the reason for the quitting, thereof the "ragequit".

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes