3.10 star(s) 14 Votes

UnderTheHorizon

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
I'd like to address a few points and concerns raised by cager in his review.

" 1. Could not move around - no hints at what to do to move. After 10 minutes of trying and getting not much more than going inside and seeing hollow body and pink things I gave up. "
This is bit strange. Are sure you didn't move the character? because unless you moved the character to some corner you shouldn't be able to clip through her body with the third-person camera (except her legs).

" 2. If you want feed back of the game tell us how to play it. "
There is literally a help widget on the left side of the screen. You can press 'H' to unhide it if you accidentally hide it.
tips.png

I don't think anyone needs to be told that you have to press W,A,S,D keys to move. If you press any of those keys and the character did not move, then it could be a bug, if this is the case, please let me know.

" 3. Why does this program need to use my network at all? Never going to play a game that tries to do this without warning and explanation why."
We don't collect any data and certainly we do not use your internet connection.
This is probably epic's (unreal engine developer) doing, they might be collecting some anonymous data to improve the engine. We'll look into this and prevent this in the next update. You can block it in the firewall for now.

" 4. Yes the animation looks good but I only found out by viewing the files direct. "
Animations are rendered in real-time, you can't view them by opening game files. The animations you are talking about are 3 pre-rendered animations that we used for the in-game TV.

IamAndrea

May 19, 2021
On another note, we're not ready for the raytracing yet. With lumen the fps drops remarkably, but without lumen it runs as smooth as day. Playing it with a 3060 card, I'm very appreciative of the ability to turn on and off the lumen.

meowsasuke

Dec 27, 2017
Tbh and all bullshit aside, together bnb is soulless typical cookie cutter exprience and have no anything new to bring on table in order to get those wheels spinning. Despite of all the graphics, afterall it's just fresh coat paint over and cookie cutter exprience. Nothing new and noticeable on gaming mechanics. Those fingerless devs tried so hard to mix different game open world genres with illusion soft Honey Select, and fails at every aspect to be like it's predecessors which is so sad to behold.
i mean sure, all im saying is that a 4090 is barely getting 60fps and that BnB game which has bigger draw distances and more to render look a lot better and gets more fps. i guess the developer has enabled hardware RT lumen. UE editor has an option to do that in project settings. as of 5.03 I don't think it provides any visual benefit and completely tanks the performance.

UnderTheHorizon

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
i mean sure, all im saying is that a 4090 is barely getting 60fps and that BnB game which has bigger draw distances and more to render look a lot better and gets more fps. i guess the developer has enabled hardware RT lumen. UE editor has an option to do that in project settings. as of 5.03 I don't think it provides any visual benefit and completely tanks the performance.
You have the option to turn off Lumen in the graphics settings.

What resolution are you playing at?
I find it hard to believe that a 4090 can only render 60 FPS. My GTX 1660 SUPER can render ~33 FPS with Lumen, and ~85 FPS without Lumen (at 1080p resolution, tsr set to 'ultra quality' and everything else set to 'epic'). FPS drops by 30-40 % when the camera is close to the head, this is due to the dense hair model (LOD0), we'll optimize it in the next update and also implement DLSS for RTX cards.

Last edited:

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Looks interesting. Gonna try. thanks.

By the way, what's the main goal of business? Focus on Patreon? Enventually release for a price the finished project?

GastonX

Jul 22, 2017
we'll optimize it in the next update and also implement DLSS for RTX cards.
I can tell you without any exaggeration that at 1440p a max overclocked RTX 3080 in 3090 territory struggles to get good frame rates in its current state, relative to what's being displayed.

And I really hope you consider implementing FSR2+, and possibly XeSS, as those can be used on any modern-ish card. The latest FSR versions are so close to DLSS that I think every game should implement it.

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
I tried it. Performance is a bit 'rough' but I guess that's on my side.

About the content itself, for a technical demo is interesting enough. Wish you good luck (y)

Kak99

Jan 23, 2018
look true next gen game but before we have anything substantial we have to wait until at least 2025

meowsasuke

Dec 27, 2017
You have the option to turn off Lumen in the graphics settings.

What resolution are you playing at?
I find it hard to believe that a 4090 can only render 60 FPS. My GTX 1660 SUPER can render ~33 FPS with Lumen, and ~85 FPS without Lumen (at 1080p resolution, tsr set to 'ultra quality' and everything else set to 'epic'). FPS drops by 30-40 % when the camera is close to the head, this is due to the dense hair model (LOD0), we'll optimize it in the next update and also implement DLSS for RTX cards.
1665718724965.png

1665718771198.png

1665718797758.png

rev_10

Sep 16, 2022
Tried on a 2070. Got some nasty framedrops to like 5 fps but the average was around 30-40
That's classic, garbage unreal engine trademark due to poor shader compilation and pathetic asset load management, very few games on UE don't have these sort of problems (only very simple ones like fighting games or games with closed enviorements where there isn't much to load, UE works great for fighting games for example), I was getting around 60 fps but with monstrous fps drops for no reason. UE is easy to work with, but the final results for the average consumer often are a nightmare when it comes to fps stability.

UnderTheHorizon

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
UnderTheHorizon looks nice :) Curious if you were inspired by our game Home Together, since I see some similarities. Which would of course be totally fine, just interested :)
Thank you! :) We were mainly inspired by fallen doll, and decided to make a 3D game that is non-alien or furry. The game was in development since early august.

Then we were also inspired by Project Mental and your game :) We were really impressed by it and we decided to push back our release date to October to allow us to make more improvements to our game and add more features before releasing a demo :)

rev_10

Sep 16, 2022
Probably unrelated but my voltage regulator blew up when I started this game.
Get a better PSU/voltage regulator, this just a badly optimized UE game, is not that taxing on the system. A GTX 1050 could run this at 30 fps without much problems.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Get a better PSU/voltage regulator, this just a badly optimized UE game, is not that taxing on the system. A GTX 1050 could run this at 30 fps without much problems.
It is a new game on a new engine and optimisation is usually done near the end of development so poor performance at this stage should be expected. Also never skimp out on your PSU when it dies I can take your entire rig with it.

3.10 star(s) 14 Votes