3.10 star(s) 14 Votes

Kryptark

Sep 19, 2017
Is Unreal Engine unavoidable?
Isn't Unity currently shooting itself by pushing developers to add ads to their games? I thought a lot of studios now just use Unity for rapid prototyping concepts before creating builds in Unreal Engine now (like Sea of Thieves did).

Cobramann Tan

Jul 20, 2018
Hello, for the first demo it was already relatively smooth and good. I like the idea of being able to have fun freely in the office and that too in real-time 3D graphics, after all it's the end of 2022, and we should also take advantage of the available technology options and not, like most comments here, just complain because it's supposedly hardware intensive, no it's not. It may not be perfect yet, but it has enough settings to make it run smoothly on most modern graphics cards. Personally, I've played it smoothly in 4K and everything on epic with an RTX 3090, and since many still use FullHD or WQHD, the hardware requirements shouldn't be a challenge with the right settings.

Otherwise, there is of course a lot of room for improvement in terms of technology and game mechanics. The camera movement is sometimes a bit jerky, you can see skin through the clothes and what probably most have already mentioned is the facial expressions, which definitely need to be more lively and more "sexy". But I am sure that the developer is well aware of this, because it is only a demo.

Personalization possibilities, which are made possible by customizing, can probably never be enough. Of course, customization options like "Honey Select" would be a dream, where you can create an entire character according to your taste. But that will probably always be a question of available time and resources for development.

In fact, only one technical and one aesthetic thing has bothered me so far. Technically, I don't find Mann's "ghost view" optimal. The option to make it transparent is good, and also that you have the choice to show only the penis. Only I would personally prefer that you have the "ghost view" not in the color blue, but him completely invisible with the option to display the penis normally, as is already the case now.

On aesthetics, apart from the facial expression, is the woman's butt. This looks less round than the man's, which comes across a bit confusing. But of course, this is purely a matter of taste, which could, however, be solved with setting options. After all, this is one of the great advantages of real-time games over conventional 3D rendering. Provided it's technically feasible in the same way as styling and outfits.

Overall, an exciting and brave (in the sense of modern) project that I'll gladly follow. I hope you don't run out of inspiration, motivation and most of all fun working on the game and wish you good luck!

Reactions: UnderTheHorizon

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Isn't Unity currently shooting itself by pushing developers to add ads to their games? I thought a lot of studios now just use Unity for rapid prototyping concepts before creating builds in Unreal Engine now (like Sea of Thieves did).
not sure if tey are actively pushing ads but I do remember they recently bought and Ad company.

FinalZero

Apr 24, 2017
wow unreal engine 5 game wait people use RTX 3060 and still buggy what about my GTX 1660TI 6gb and ram 16gb can i still play this game ?

terroralpha

May 1, 2017
i am running a 13900k, rtx 3090 strix, 64GB of 6600MHz DDR5 memory, cooled with a custom loop. i don't think anything pushes my system like this "game". at 3440x1440 i'm getting about 40 FPS with everything maxed out. 25-30 FPS when whipping the camera around fast. My GPU goes to 56C. normally i'm in the mid 40s. i never go past 50 even when playing cyberjunk with everything maxed out.

having said that, some of these options maybe just placebo options that don't do anything. the ray tracing actually does make things look a lot better. not sure about the other stuff. didn't have time to play with all the tickets

in my opinion, i don't think this game looks as good as it should given the resources it demands. you can get much better looking scenes in virt-a-mate. i will support this anyway to see where it goes.

Lif3mau5

Dec 13, 2017
i am running a 13900k, rtx 3090 strix, 64GB of 6600MHz DDR5 memory, cooled with a custom loop. i don't think anything pushes my system like this "game". at 3440x1440 i'm getting about 40 FPS with everything maxed out. 25-30 FPS when whipping the camera around fast. My GPU goes to 56C. normally i'm in the mid 40s. i never go past 50 even when playing cyberjunk with everything maxed out.

having said that, some of these options maybe just placebo options that don't do anything. the ray tracing actually does make things look a lot better. not sure about the other stuff. didn't have time to play with all the tickets

in my opinion, i don't think this game looks as good as it should given the resources it demands. you can get much better looking scenes in virt-a-mate. i will support this anyway to see where it goes.
You're comparing this game to a game (Cyberpunk 2077) that's been in development for years now (still have some bugs and engine issues) - very well, bravo...

I think you certainly haven't try "The Market of Light". Because this didn't run much smoother at 2160p with a 3090 and maximum settings than this "game" (it has to be said that this benchmark have a much larger developer crew).
In addition, it is already fully developed and represents what future games will require in terms of hardware.
->

Witar

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2018
Some guys may not have the foggiest idea of how much effort it takes to construct and optimize a game when you are just starting out in game development.
I know it quite well, actually, being unreal dev myself and having made the same mistakes in the past (as all of us did). Setting up LODs, culling and not using performance costly stuff like lumen, hair grooms and models with 1mil polycount is not hard at all.

Last edited:

terroralpha

May 1, 2017
You're comparing this game to a game (Cyberpunk 2077) that's been in development for years now (still have some bugs and engine issues) - very well, bravo...

I think you certainly haven't try "The Market of Light". Because this didn't run much smoother at 2160p with a 3090 and maximum settings than this "game" (it has to be said that this benchmark have a much larger developer crew).
In addition, it is already fully developed and represents what future games will require in terms of hardware.
->
ok, let me try rephrasing that in a way that spells out the issue to a point where you can understand:

in order to make this game not look like dogs**t, you need a very good computer that 99% of the userbase will not have. no one is going to support a game they can't run in a way that looks good when you can get way better looking pre-rendered games made in ren'py and unity that just about anybody can run

i hope that helps.

as for "The Market of Light", i don't know what that is. and judging by the 360 reviews is has on steam. no one else does either, thus proving my point.

Reactions: Grunyan

FelipeLP

Oct 16, 2019
RX 6800 XT, Ryzen 7 5800X, good enough to run any AAA game and all i'm getting is a black screen with this one.

Lif3mau5

Dec 13, 2017
ok, let me try rephrasing that in a way that spells out the issue to a point where you can understand:

in order to make this game not look like dogs**t, you need a very good computer that 99% of the userbase will not have. no one is going to support a game they can't run in a way that looks good when you can get way better looking pre-rendered games made in ren'py and unity that just about anybody can run

i hope that helps.

as for "The Market of Light", i don't know what that is. and judging by the 360 reviews is has on steam. no one else does either, thus proving my point.
Then the userbase has to switch to other games - there are also people, and that's certainly more than 1%, who like to play such extremely hungry games that just don't run on every toaster PC.

Surely this developer won't take the bucket of money home with him, but it's not always about money, it's about trying something new creations in the H-Games scene.

Games like "Under the Horizon" have their own charm and also point in the right direction.

If you absolutely want to play it, buy the necessary hardware - it doesn't have to be a current high-end system if you don't need 4k <60fps... Sometimes you should be able to make compromises in life, should lower your expectations. Unfortunately, few people in this world understand that, which is why our society is also going down the drain.

I saved up the money for this PC system while I was looking for a job (All parts were used and the whole Rig was assembled by me): RTX 3060 Ti, R5 5600X, DDR4 3200 C14 game installed on NVMe - works like a charme with 1080p and high settings (TSR native, lumen on) @ 34 fps (avg) ... this Rig is not the most cheapest but also not the most expensive.

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 14 Votes