• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.10 star(s) 14 Votes

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Is Unreal Engine unavoidable?
Well. I do believe Unreal Engine is owned and operated by china. and the few game companies that had built their own engines for their games, have all followed suit to use UE. I believe it is because they are just lazy as shit and easier to do what everyone else does instead of some work. Before anyone complains and crap, not saying UE is bad or anything *YET*.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
I don't think you are correct. Unreal Engine is created by Epic Games, run by Tim Sweeney, which still holds a controlling stake in the company. There are some Chinese investors in the company, but that is the case with a lot of different entertainment companies around the world...

BigChonkems

Nov 8, 2021
Well. I do believe Unreal Engine is owned and operated by china. and the few game companies that had built their own engines for their games, have all followed suit to use UE. I believe it is because they are just lazy as shit and easier to do what everyone else does instead of some work. Before anyone complains and crap, not saying UE is bad or anything *YET*.
UE is owned and developed by Epic Games, a company that does not have a good relationship with Tencent or the CCP.

Reactions: cgiacona

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Quite impressed, amazing graphic the begin with and fast too.
Too bad that w/o Lumen it loses 50%, and that's heavy as fu:cry:k.
Tried some tweaking on my toaster and maybe reached a playable compromise.
With Nvidia the upscaling works the miracle, so you can go with the lower res
don't bother trying go below epic in graphics, shadows and postprocessing... it looses too much, while you can get rid of view dist. and anti-aliasing. TSR native.

I'll try some reshade settings to see if Lumen can be emulated somehow with decent results

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
OK, I tried some quick Reshade setting to make the game look a bit closer to lumen w/o using it.
The cost is around 10fps, but considerng Lumen costs 50%...
With this a toaster like mine should settle for 60fps.
below a sample with my settings (remember to activate both upscaling and dsl on Nvidia control panel)

ProjectX-Win64-Shipping 2023-01-15 17-04-10.jpg ProjectX-Win64-Shipping 2023-01-15 17-04-25.jpg

The .ini goes in the binary folder with the main exe after Reshade installation

WallMounted

Aug 25, 2022
1.gif 2.gif

Hi everyone!
Here is a preview of new face and body customization options in v0.2. You can now create unique characters and save them for future use.
The beta test version of this update will be available soon and we can't wait for you to try it out.
Thanks for all your support, and we hope you will enjoy this update!

Have a nice day,
Under The Horizon team

RottenBanana

Sep 18, 2021
View attachment 2390781 View attachment 2390786

Hi everyone!
Here is a preview of new face and body customization options in v0.2. You can now create unique characters and save them for future use.
The beta test version of this update will be available soon and we can't wait for you to try it out.
Thanks for all your support, and we hope you will enjoy this update!

Have a nice day,
Under The Horizon team
Looks awesome. any news about the release date ?

3.10 star(s) 14 Votes