4.40 star(s) 22 Votes

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Chatted with the Dev - they are still working on this game, but it's taking quite some time. Honestly, it feels like the "Revamp" is changing enough of the base content that it should get a new thread and this one marked as Abandoned. And that's what we're proposing for now.

While the Dev did want to clearly note they have not stopped working, the revamp work has pushed out deliverables such that we've gone far beyond our longest time to let a game thread go before marking it with Abandoned status due to lack of releases. This policy applies to all and its application is meant to be consistent, so please take this status change in context and followup with the Dev on their latest status of the revamped version of this game.
So... Seems like there is nothing that I could do about this. Tbh, I don't know that there is a rule about this but I appreciate F95 staff for reaching out first before tagging the game abandoned. And yeah, I think this is a good policy to protect F95 players too! Tho, I'm hoping that when the revamp is done, I could still use this thread instead of making a new one. Is it possible? fried So later on when the revamp is out, people can see the ups and downs of the game and they can decide whether to trust me or not based on it and I don't have to explain that again to some new players about what happened to the game.

And yes, you were right Avaron1974 . When I release the revamp to F95 it will be hard for me, some people gonna say this and that about the long waiting time for the revamp, and some may even say things like "3 years just for this?". But hey, everything always comes with a cost. I've made a lot of mistakes during my first 2 years of developing this game and now I have to pay for it. It was a stupid mistake, but I didn't regret it. I learned and improved a lot that I even laugh at myself for writing those silly words inside the game here and there lol. What I can do after that is to prove them wrong by constantly updating the game after the initial release of the revamp.

Some people might think that revamping the game when you have a lot of attention on your game is stupid because if you continue developing it, everything will be smooth and money will keep flowing to your wallet. In most cases, this is true. But for me, that same attention kinda becomes a massive burden. Not because I don't want it, but more because I feel unworthy of all of those attentions. I might have made the game, but it was Woodz who made it enjoyable. Without him, the game probably will get some really bad reviews due to all the Engrish mistakes that I've made. And this, this is the part where I start to feel unworthy of all those attentions. This made me start to doubt myself and try to find someone else to write the game for which lead to a failed partnership that made me have to start over again in January 2021. That's why in January 2021, I decided to start over and learn everything by myself so I don't have to depend on someone else. I might still need a proofreader, but whoever gonna proofread this revamped scripts won't have as many works as what Woodz did 2 years ago.

And for my Patreons, if seeing this makes your trust in me shaken, then it's better for you to unpledge. For those who still believe in me, you have my sincere gratitude and I won't forget you. Again, I'm sorry that it took so long but I really want to be able to do everything on my own. I want to learn everything now so that later on I can focus on updating the story. Tbh, Patreon isn't my main earning right now. I don't want to get into details but I already took a part-time job to help my family. It isn't much, but I can help my family and developing games at the same time. For now, I have to stay like this for a while until everything is back on track. I'll be back online on Patreon again next month, I can't do it this month because it's fasting month. But after this is done, I'll be back posting stuff on Patreon again

Oh and also I like you Avaron1974 . You are critical and always say the truth, you remind me of someone else that got banned from this site hehe. Once the revamp version is done, I really want to send it to you to play before my Patreon and hear your thought about it. Of course, you can say everything and I will not get offended at all. I love those people who can give their honest opinion on the game, it helps me improve myself more hehe. This is a challenge, so don't say no. :p

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh and also I like you Avaron1974 . You are critical and always say the truth, you remind me of someone else that got banned from this site hehe. Once the revamp version is done, I really want to send it to you to play before my Patreon and hear your thought about it. Of course, you can say everything and I will not get offended at all. I love those people who can give their honest opinion on the game, it helps me improve myself more hehe. This is a challenge, so don't say no. :p
I have no problem with that at all.

From the bottom of my heart hun, I want you to prove me wrong. I'm begging you to make everything i've said look dumb.

Before you decided to revamp I loved this game. I said it back then, Del was one of my fave girls in gaming at the time and I loved the romantic side of things with her.

There aren't many male MC games I get attached to but I really enjoyed this one.

I have already said I didn't think the revamp was needed. I do still stand by, and always will because I hate revamps, my opinion that it was a really dumb idea.

With the time span I have my doubts as i've said. I have doubts it will get finished.

Now you have chance to do one thing on these forums no one else has been able to do. Shut me up, prove me wrong and make me apologise.

We'll see.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I have no problem with that at all.

From the bottom of my heart hun, I want you to prove me wrong. I'm begging you to make everything i've said look dumb.

Before you decided to revamp I loved this game. I said it back then, Del was one of my fave girls in gaming at the time and I loved the romantic side of things with her.

There aren't many male MC games I get attached to but I really enjoyed this one.

I have already said I didn't think the revamp was needed. I do still stand by, and always will because I hate revamps, my opinion that it was a really dumb idea.

With the time span I have my doubts as i've said. I have doubts it will get finished.

Now you have chance to do one thing on these forums no one else has been able to do. Shut me up, prove me wrong and make me apologise.

We'll see.
This.gif shia.gif

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
I liked this game. Forgot about it and just thought about it decided to check on it to see it got the no update in forever abandoned tag. I hope it will come back one day but like others have said not going to have too much hope.

Also saw this and she totally gets it.
I would also kidnap Bill Gates until he invents me a windows that allows me to reach through my monitor and bitch slap any idiot that tells me "but they need to make money"....... We ALL need to make money but if I have to work my ass off to earn mine i'll be damned if i'm going to hand it over to someone that doesn't put in the same amount of effort.

There are some amazing devs on here that are under appreciated that go above and beyond and would love to get that support yet people throw money at muppets like Icstor that barely puts any effort in and devs that take years to remaster a 0.2 that didn't need it and have nothing to show for it.
I stopped doing monthly support and usually only pay when completed unless it's a proven dev with a good track record or a game I really like then i'll sub for just a month just to show support. Not saying this dev is bad because clearly they've been communicating this whole time and has been upfront from the get go.

Anyway hope to see this game in the future.

Ticus

Mar 31, 2020
I came back after so long to see if this game had any updates but i guess its over now lol 3 years and still nothing such a shame like some people said the Revamp was not needed the game was amazing as it was the romantic side with del was so cute but oh well i guess this is the end huh?
It was nice really nice but 3 years is just to much

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Welp it's been 3 months of silence , do you feel shutted up?
Slightly disappointed in a way.

I had a small bit of hope the dev would manage to get the game back out there.

Sadly it seems he's gone silent everywhere and I don't think there is any chance of this taking off again now. Apart from maybe a handful of people that have eternal hope (bless their little cotton socks), this is all but forgot and I can't see it taking off again now after all this time and the extended silences.

Think it's about time I stuck this on my block list and forgot about it.

Shame.

In 2019 this had a massive amount of potential and it could have been huge, it should have been huge. years later it's another barely remembered example of why people are sick to death of remakes and remasters.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Slightly disappointed in a way.

I had a small bit of hope the dev would manage to get the game back out there.

Sadly it seems he's gone silent everywhere and I don't think there is any chance of this taking off again now. Apart from maybe a handful of people that have eternal hope (bless their little cotton socks), this is all but forgot and I can't see it taking off again now after all this time and the extended silences.

Think it's about time I stuck this on my block list and forgot about it.

Shame.

In 2019 this had a massive amount of potential and it could have been huge, it should have been huge. years later it's another barely remembered example of why people are sick to death of remakes and remasters.
i agree on every single little word

in the end, he didn't prove us wrong...he only confirmed what we already knew

i'm not mad or sad, i'm disappointed.

Ticus

Mar 31, 2020
but you're better at explaining the situation u.u i just wrote down my feelings about it.
Welp i warned people a year ago about this lol remakes or revamps dont take 2 years to make now its been almost 3 years xD if eranfer wanted to keep people hooked into the game he would work on a revamp 0.1 so that people would see that he is really making an effort and like i said keep people hooked but nope he didnt i knew eranfer was gonna give up and its really a shame this game had lots of potential and yup this is exactly the reason why people dont like revamps or remasters because we all know that its a 80% chance that the game will end up abandoned hopefully some else works on this game u.u

Reactions: User1230

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Welp i warned people a year ago about this lol remakes or revamps dont take 2 years to make now its been almost 3 years xD if eranfer wanted to keep people hooked into the game he would work on a revamp 0.1 so that people would see that he is really making an effort and like i said keep people hooked but nope he didnt i knew eranfer was gonna give up and its really a shame this game had lots of potential and yup this is exactly the reason why people dont like revamps or remasters because we all know that its a 80% chance that the game will end up abandoned hopefully some else works on this game u.u
You seem to have misunderstood ME for sure and probably Avaron:

We were "waiting" for a release yes, but we weren't optimistic about it, because we've experience with this kind of situations, but the dev kept saying things about still working on the game. Again, we weren't hopeful, we wanted to be proved wrong while still being quite negative about it.

Also, waiting is a strong word, but i don't know a better word: Why? Because waiting implies that we sat down, hands under our chins and just waited; What we actually did was moving on with our lives and time to time checked this thread and the guy's patreon's page, and either there were news or not, once we checked we went back to do our own things...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I wanted the dev to prove me wrong not because I was optimistic about the revamp happening but because it would have been nice for something to to work out for a change.

I wasn't joking when I said I enjoyed the game. It was a good plot with a ton of potential and great characters.

What annoyed me is it didn't need a revamp. Nothing that happened should have happened. This could have had years of story development and the dev could have built up a decent sized player base by now.

Like Ness said, we didn't think it was going to happen, it's something we've seen time and again. It's not the first time me and Ness have been in a thread like this for a game that we knew had died but it was somehow still around and it won't be the last.

With how many games we've seen revamped, remastered or just abandoned we would like a different outcome for a change.

No, we weren't hopeful or even remotely optimistic about this happening but we are hoping one day a dev does prove us wrong.

Having something go right for a change would be a welcome sight.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I wanted the dev to prove me wrong not because I was optimistic about the revamp happening but because it would have been nice for something to to work out for a change.

I wasn't joking when I said I enjoyed the game. It was a good plot with a ton of potential and great characters.

What annoyed me is it didn't need a revamp. Nothing that happened should have happened. This could have had years of story development and the dev could have built up a decent sized player base by now.

Like Ness said, we didn't think it was going to happen, it's something we've seen time and again. It's not the first time me and Ness have been in a thread like this for a game that we knew had died but it was somehow still around and it won't be the last.

With how many games we've seen revamped, remastered or just abandoned we would like a different outcome for a change.

No, we weren't hopeful or even remotely optimistic about this happening but we are hoping one day a dev does prove us wrong.

Yeah I think a game like Shut Up and dance is a better example of how to do a revamp if you really wish to as a dev, focus alternating on updating old content and making new so not all forward momentum is lost, even if it does seem to confuse some players. :p Complete reworks should be avoided when further in unless you have a big team or made some serious mistakes as a beginning dev. new game might be wiser in that case as a remake though.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I wanted the dev to prove me wrong not because I was optimistic about the revamp happening but because it would have been nice for something to work out for a change.

Like Ness said, we didn't think it was going to happen, it's something we've seen time and again. It's not the first time me and Ness have been in a thread like this for a game that we knew had died, but it was somehow still around, and it won't be the last.

No, we weren't hopeful or even remotely optimistic about this happening, but we are hoping one day a dev does prove us wrong.

This! All of this! I agree 100000% Ticus DA22

I can give a few examples of remastered/remade-games who fucked-up royally: My New Life-REVAMP is like on the first place, the dev revamped a nearly completed game (although bugged beyond belief) only to make the very same game, with half of the plot (and even then, filled with plot-holes and inconsistencies), four-times the bug, and 1/100 of the enjoyment, and 1/10 of the exploration, meaning that he could have made a renpy game, and half of the problems I mentioned would be gone.

But yeah, me and Avaron, wanted that someone would prove that our pessimism was misplaced, that good things CAN happen, and sometimes they DO happen...but "Shit, here we go again" with another disappointment.

Like Avaron said, this game didn't need a revamp/remaster/remake, one of the reason is that the plot worked (as much a two-releases game can go with the plot = the plot barely started, still in the prologue), the graphic was sufficiently good("if it ain't broke, don't fix it") and the dialogues understandable enough to not need proofreading. The other reason is: the game just started, and because the first reason, we know that everything was already fine...but the dev decided to remaster (for perfectionist reasons, if I recall correctly) anyway.

You can say that we were hopeful...if it can be called hope at all, again we wanted that FOR ONCE, an announced disaster of an idea (such as revamping/remastering/remaking a game) would turn out to be a success...

And as you can see...we got proved once again that remastering VNs(bc FF7-remake is a success if you ask me XD aside for the fact that the game was sliced in "Parts") is a bad idea that works maybe once or twice, over 100 other attempted remasters

a VN that successfully (not really, but like best outcome so far) got remastered is Life-changing choice of Niichan, as far as I got told(bc yes, I've yet to play the game myself), some of the things I hated the most in the original version (such as Yuna being a bitch just for the hell of it, and humiliating MC, despite she knew for a long time that she'll need his help soon, basically biting the hand that was going to feed her) got fixed....but ultimately I wouldn't call this remastered VN a success, because Niichan decided to focus on "My bully is my lover"(a sequel of Life-changing Choices) meaning that LCC is abandoned/on-hold until further notice...meaning that the dev turned it into a different kind of failure anyway.

Last edited:

Ticus

Mar 31, 2020
This! All of this! I agree 100000% Ticus DA22

I can give a few examples of remastered/remade-games who fucked-up royally: My New Life-REVAMP is like on the first place, the dev revamped a nearly completed game (although bugged beyond belief) only to make the very same game, with half of the plot (and even then, filled with plot-holes and inconsistencies), four-times the bug, and 1/100 of the enjoyment, and 1/10 of the exploration, meaning that he could have made a renpy game, and half of the problems I mentioned would be gone.

But yeah, me and Avaron, wanted that someone would prove that our pessimism was misplaced, that good things CAN happen, and sometimes they DO happen...but "Shit, here we go again" with another disappointment.

Like Avaron said, this game didn't need a revamp/remaster/remake, one of the reason is that the plot worked (as much a two-releases game can go with the plot = the plot barely started, still in the prologue), the graphic was sufficiently good("if it ain't broke, don't fix it") and the dialogues understandable enough to not need proofreading. The other reason is: the game just started, and because the first reason, we know that everything was already fine...but the dev decided to remaster (for perfectionist reasons, if I recall correctly) anyway.

You can say that we were hopeful...if it can be called hope at all, again we wanted that FOR ONCE, an announced disaster of an idea (such as revamping/remastering/remaking a game) would turn out to be a success...

And as you can see...we got proved once again that remastering VNs(bc FF7-remake is a success if you ask me XD aside for the fact that the game was sliced in "Parts") is a bad idea that works maybe once or twice, over 100 other attempted remasters

a VN that successfully (not really, but like best outcome so far) got remastered is Life-changing choice of Niichan, as far as I got told(bc yes, I've yet to play the game myself), some of the things I hated the most in the original version (such as Yuna being a bitch just for the hell of it, and humiliating MC, despite she knew for a long time that she'll need his help soon, basically biting the hand that was going to feed her) got fixed....but ultimately I wouldn't call this remastered VN a success, because Niichan decided to focus on "My bully is my lover"(a sequel of Life-changing Choices) meaning that LCC is abandoned/on-hold until further notice...meaning that the dev turned it into a failure anyway.
Sadly another great game died :'(

4.40 star(s) 22 Votes