VN Ren'Py Undergraduate Research [RC1] [TismaLabs]

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
Hey, Rockero_69! The MC will have the opportunity to hookup with multiple women. F95 defines harem as “1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously”, and while I haven’t written an MFFF scene yet, I do think it’s a worthwhile project that I'd like to happen (I may need to upgrade my graphics card to more than 12GB VRAM to render the animations). I can confirm MFF as an option the player may pursue. When a female love interest might hookup with another girl, the love interest and the MC will need to agree to it beforehand. Because everything is consensual, I don’t view this as cheating -- I’d label it as hookup culture or sharing. However if someone did consider it cheating or NTR in their view, I wouldn’t argue with them.

I’ve never run into cheating in my personal life, but I get that it happens and it sucks. I completely understand why people have a strong reaction to cheating in games. After all, games are escapism, and no one wants to be tormented when they seek escape. Players will have the choice to avoid sexual interactions. However, if you consider the situation described to be cheating and its (avoidable) presence in the script is a problem, I get it. In that case, I’d suggest trying another game.

As mentioned in a previous post, no sexual interactions will be forced on the MC; the player will be given a choice whether or not to initiate each sexual interaction. RC1 did have a dream sequence that has a menu choice added to the next release to allow the player to skip the dream.

As I’m making the game by myself without any outside help, I greatly appreciate your feedback. It’s difficult to operate in a vacuum, and it’s easy for me to overlook mistakes when reading my own work. Even seemingly minor feedback can cue me to alter a few lines of script, which can lead to big improvements in the game.
Thanks for the answer and I am aware of the definition of Harem according to F95, however my question is more focused on whether in the end you will have to choose a LI (love interest) or can you build your Harem? Well, most of the time you can get attached to the LIs and it's sad that you have to choose, I hope that makes me understand. Regarding content, if I decide to avoid the girl or girls who may lead you to unwanted content, does that cause you to lose their routes? like if you decide not to opt for that content, will it be replaced by alternate content or will it just move on to the next dialogue scene or whatever comes next?

tismalabs

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2024
Thanks for the answer and I am aware of the definition of Harem according to F95, however my question is more focused on whether in the end you will have to choose a LI (love interest) or can you build your Harem? Well, most of the time you can get attached to the LIs and it's sad that you have to choose, I hope that makes me understand. Regarding content, if I decide to avoid the girl or girls who may lead you to unwanted content, does that cause you to lose their routes? like if you decide not to opt for that content, will it be replaced by alternate content or will it just move on to the next dialogue scene or whatever comes next?
For the most part, hooking up with one girl won't lock the player out of hooking up with a different girl.

If the player chooses to not hookup with a girl on Saturday, then the scene on Saturday won't happen, but the player may have chances to hookup with that same girl in the future.

fauvhan

May 28, 2017
Primary note: I don't know how much of it is dictated by models, but a little bit of restraint in "frown" department could go a long way. While smiling/playful/calm faces generally look well, "angry", "confused" or "ewww" mode can easily transform otherwise nice face into a wrinkled scrotum. It is especially hilarious in scenes where we read how attractive someone is, while what we see goes straight to "paper bag not optional" (see: Naomi & Finn).

Side note: "About" section of Patreon is, theoretically, fairly important introduction for the game. And yet 33% of its pictures fail to load - and don't even ask 33% of how many ;)

Last edited:

tismalabs

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2024
Primary note: I don't know how much of it is dictated by models, but a little bit of restraint in "frown" department could go a long way. While smiling/playful/calm faces generally look well, "angry", "confused" or "ewww" mode can easily transform otherwise nice face into a wrinkled scrotum. It is especially hilarious in scenes where we read how attractive someone is, while what we see goes straight to "paper bag not optional" (see: Naomi & Finn).

Side note: "About" section of Patreon is, theoretically, fairly important introduction for the game. And yet 33% of its pictures fail to load - and don't even ask 33% of how many ;)
fauvhan,

I appreciate the direct feedback. You're right, some of the negative expressions can dip into the uncanny valley, and dialing down the expressions (or using an expression better suited to the figure's bones) can give a more natural look. On the patreon page, I've repaired the dead link imagur incorrectly marked as inappropriate, and I'll build out the page more in the coming days.

Your comments were very helpful. Feel free to message me if you think of anything else.

Reactions: fauvhan

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
Hey, Rockero_69! The MC will have the opportunity to hookup with multiple women. F95 defines harem as “1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously”, and while I haven’t written an MFFF scene yet, I do think it’s a worthwhile project that I'd like to happen (I may need to upgrade my graphics card to more than 12GB VRAM to render the animations). I can confirm MFF as an option the player may pursue. When a female love interest might hookup with another girl, the love interest and the MC will need to agree to it beforehand. Because everything is consensual, I don’t view this as cheating -- I’d label it as hookup culture or sharing. However if someone did consider it cheating or NTR in their view, I wouldn’t argue with them.

I’ve never run into cheating in my personal life, but I get that it happens and it sucks. I completely understand why people have a strong reaction to cheating in games. After all, games are escapism, and no one wants to be tormented when they seek escape. Players will have the choice to avoid sexual interactions. However, if you consider the situation described to be cheating and its (avoidable) presence in the script is a problem, I get it. In that case, I’d suggest trying another game.

As mentioned in a previous post, no sexual interactions will be forced on the MC; the player will be given a choice whether or not to initiate each sexual interaction. RC1 did have a dream sequence that has a menu choice added to the next release to allow the player to skip the dream.

As I’m making the game by myself without any outside help, I greatly appreciate your feedback. It’s difficult to operate in a vacuum, and it’s easy for me to overlook mistakes when reading my own work. Even seemingly minor feedback can cue me to alter a few lines of script, which can lead to big improvements in the game.
very nice that sexual interactions with mc are optional, but what about the lesbian tag I see? If mc isn't involved, are we going to be able to say no to avoid/shut down lesbian content?
For the most part, hooking up with one girl won't lock the player out of hooking up with a different girl.
what about the ending? Will we be able to end the VN with all the girls we choose as a harem, or forced to pick 1 love interest at the end?

Last edited: