Adama

Aug 1, 2017
I can also confirm being stuck in a loop when following someone. I think it happens only when there are other people in the same location, so probably some issue with conversation/action triggers. Also your character image swaps with the character the initiation happened with. For example, was following Claw, met Mir, my picture swapped with Mir's after pressing continue (Claw's went to the right, like it was a combat or discussion) and I got stuck in the infinite continue loop. Not sure if maybe combat trigger? Unable to continue at all unless you try to stop following them, then it fixes itself even if they refuse (or after the fight), so basically refreshing the action decision of the leader fixes it.

By the way, is there any content after the Shapeshifters, or not yet?

Last edited:

YuriFan!

May 30, 2022
Does the game have dialogues and plot? Judging by the pictures, nothing like this is observed

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Does the game have dialogues and plot? Judging by the pictures, nothing like this is observed
There are roughly 30.000 lines of HTML (both scripts and narrative texts) in the game only for the story, after taking aside the core code for the game's gameplay logic.

SiggySky

Jun 23, 2023
I can also confirm being stuck in a loop when following someone. I think it happens only when there are other people in the same location, so probably some issue with conversation/action triggers. Also your character image swaps with the character the initiation happened with. For example, was following Claw, met Mir, my picture swapped with Mir's after pressing continue (Claw's went to the right, like it was a combat or discussion) and I got stuck in the infinite continue loop. Not sure if maybe combat trigger? Unable to continue at all unless you try to stop following them, then it fixes itself even if they refuse (or after the fight), so basically refreshing the action decision of the leader fixes it.

By the way, is there any content after the Shapeshifters, or not yet?
I had that happen, it seems to be likely to occur when there's a combat scene between the other characters. Look for a "+" symbol above the portraits. That seems to trigger the scene you spectate and break the loop.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I can also confirm being stuck in a loop when following someone.
I had that happen, it seems to be likely to occur when there's a combat scene between the other characters. Look for a "+" symbol above the portraits. That seems to trigger the scene you spectate and break the loop.
Thanks again for the insistence reporting these. There was a lot of work into cleaning issues in the main loop after the initial release of v0.3.25, and these fixes are now included in the new free version. Have a great day!

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
finished first day training and worcking ... now the game tell me to fuck off and die ^^ every i do, every action i try lead to an error message

Reactions: DietrichGRU

KaltesHerz

Jun 11, 2021
mega link is busted it starts to download but about halfway through it a message pops up saying the file no longer exists

gonna try on a different browser since i use firefox with the mega addon installed generally its the fastest no drama way to download but lets see what happens with brave

edit goes here --figured it out the mega app refuses to download it because it supposedly contains a trojan can't verify and don't care to try at this point basically the file is being removed from my queue about halfway through the download because thats how long it takes mega to determine if its dangerous or not

Last edited:

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
is there a reason why i can only save at very specific points in the game? cause this is brutaaaaally annoying to test things out on how they work -.-

heck thanks that shit i couldnt save before trying out the bathub aaaand the game crashed. had to redo everything again, sigh...

edit: yeah frequent crashes

Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<script>>: bad evaluation: misAcr is not defined.

Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99097:3822
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99098:23475
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99098:8883
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99094:29753
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99094:29529
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:59:41772
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:59:39791

edit edit: on a further analysis, seems like something was wrong with the workupload version. the gofile one works without problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: DietrichGRU

Valtrin

Oct 6, 2023
Error: <<script>>: bad evaluation: misAcr is not defined.

Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99097:3822
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99098:23475
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99098:8883
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99094:29753
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:99094:29529
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:59:41772
Unholy_Arts_v0.3.25_Free/Unholy%20Arts%20v0.3.html:59:39791

edit edit: on a further analysis, seems like something was wrong with the workupload version. the gofile one works without problems.
I just ran a diff on the workupload/gofile/pixeldrain versions and all three came out identical, so either DeepInteractivity already fixed this or you had a corrupted download.

Or...[ominous thunderclap] it's an intermittent issue that exists in all versions? I don't see anything wrong with the way misAcr is getting defined, so my best guess would be twine doing something during save/load that causes the variable to drop out of scope. Worth asking whether this is the same error that ben akeba was getting.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I just ran a diff on the workupload/gofile/pixeldrain versions and all three came out identical, so either DeepInteractivity already fixed this or you had a corrupted download.

Or...[ominous thunderclap] it's an intermittent issue that exists in all versions? I don't see anything wrong with the way misAcr is getting defined, so my best guess would be twine doing something during save/load that causes the variable to drop out of scope. Worth asking whether this is the same error that ben akeba was getting.
who knows, who knows. dont have any crashes anymore since i switched to the gofile one (and i also noticed that both were basically identical in size, weird shit indeed).

now how can i convince the dev to enable saving whenever i want? :BootyTime:
btw, autosaving, even though its enabled, doesn't do jackshit. maybe there is indeed a rather problematic bug lurking around the corner here.

Valtrin

Oct 6, 2023
I can't speak for DI, but in a game like this it would be an absolute monster to accurately take a snapshot of all the variables while everything's in motion. The sugarcube documentation explicitly says not to allow rollback in "game-oriented projects" for basically the same reason.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I can't speak for DI, but in a game like this it would be an absolute monster to accurately take a snapshot of all the variables while everything's in motion. The sugarcube documentation explicitly says not to allow rollback in "game-oriented projects" for basically the same reason.
what could be done however is letting us save inbetween sessions (training session, work session, night session). or during scripted conversations. in both cases the map hasn't loaded yet.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018

seem like it to me, but i think it first happened during a part i could not save, so i can't say if i tryed to save before it happened or not (there's a good possibility as i often save before an important action in most game and do it realy often in game that are wip)

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I really want to address the crash reports seriously, but my motivation dies pretty quickly if you make me suspect this much that the downloads went wrong somehow :censored: And again, I need as much context as possible, or if it's not possible, at least a save.

Each save stored in memory (as opposed as storing it in disk) takes a substantial amount of your browser's local storage, which is pretty limited. When the browser's local storage is ready to burst, everything goes wrong, to the point that attempting to save might throw crash errors. At certain points of the game (sex/combat scenes, Passion Temple main loop), there's far more memory usage than at screens where saving is enabled, because each active character has their AI loaded and running. I admit I also have a design orientation that is adverse to letting the player save at any point in a roleplaying game, but I have conceded to add more save points at story blocks that were a bit too long in the past, and the stability of the game takes priority anyway.

Regarding rollback like other Twine games allow, each step that you're allowed to rollback in a Twine game is essentially a whole separate savefile in terms of used memory. Not so much of a trouble for local storage in games with about 50 string variables, but becomes far more of an issue when the objects you're simulating have a relative amount of depth.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I really want to address the crash reports seriously, but my motivation dies pretty quickly if you make me suspect this much that the downloads went wrong somehow :censored: And again, I need as much context as possible, or if it's not possible, at least a save.

Each save stored in memory (as opposed as storing it in disk) takes a substantial amount of your browser's local storage, which is pretty limited. When the browser's local storage is ready to burst, everything goes wrong, to the point that attempting to save might throw crash errors. At certain points of the game (sex/combat scenes, Passion Temple main loop), there's far more memory usage than at screens where saving is enabled, because each active character has their AI loaded and running. I admit I also have a design orientation that is adverse to letting the player save at any point in a roleplaying game, but I have conceded to add more save points at story blocks that were a bit too long in the past, and the stability of the game takes priority anyway.

Regarding rollback like other Twine games allow, each step that you're allowed to rollback in a Twine game is essentially a whole separate savefile in terms of used memory. Not so much of a trouble for local storage in games with about 50 string variables, but becomes far more of an issue when the objects you're simulating have a relative amount of depth.
the browser local storage can however be resized in the options menu (for firefox it's about:config) of the browser. dunno about chromium based browsers however. how big would a save file become if you could save in the middle of a lets say training session? several MB?

1697305304493.png

and being able to make a save/load your file on/from the computer should bypass that browser restriction anyway, cause its a one time saving/loading outside the local storage, or? cause if that at least would be enabled, it would be already good enough for me (and probably others as well, cant speak for them though of course), or at least between sessions. i understand that you want that roleplaying aspect, but many things are not explained properly in a good enough way (like approaching that slime girl confidently increases your sbmissiveness at the start of the game...huh?) so peeps like me often test things out, see how the game acts on it and having to roll aaaaall the way back to the beginning of the day makes me play very restrictive and conservative. at the end of the day it should be the players decision if he wants to play iron mode or not, my two cents.
completely understand the disabling of rollback though. if it breaks the game, it shouldnt be implemented (and as far as i know chrome only allows 2MB of storage on default? not a lot of wiggle room here).

about the errors i got. can't tell you much (also overwritten the save file alr), other than that im using firefox on win 10, the game was downloaded from workupload and it crashed randomly during a session, be it training or social session. i posted above what i got from those error messages. redownloaded it from gofile, exact same size, started a new game, cause i suspected the save file to be botched and never had a problem since. should have stored the faulty save for you to check out, sry about that.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Daxter250 I'll check changing the allowed quota in Firefox in the future, thanks a lot for the tip. If you want to try changing the permissions to save anywhere (at your own risk), open the game's html, look for this function:

Code:
config.saves.isAllowed = function () {
    if (tags().contains("saveAllowed")) {
        return true;
    }
    return false;
};
And just make it return true.

Code:
    return true;
/*
        return true;
    }
    return false;
*/
};

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Daxter250

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Daxter250 I'll check changing the allowed quota in Firefox in the future, thanks a lot for the tip. If you want to try changing the permissions to save anywhere (at your own risk), open the game's html, look for this function:

Code:
        return true;
    }
    return false;
};
And just make it return true.
will do that! and if ya wanna i can inform ya if and how it works :)

Reactions: DeepInteractivity
4.20 star(s) 24 Votes