Tevildo77

Dec 23, 2017
You have too little space remaining in your browser localstorage for html sugarcube twine games save files. Unholy arts does have sizable saves but for you to not be able to make even a single one means you probably have too many saves from other games. You can use the "save to disk" feature to get around this problem, but you could also free up some space by deleting older saves.

Here is a little tutorial (for chrome, but should be a similar process for other browsers):
1. open/select a browser tab with a sugarcube html game on it (e.g unholy arts)
2. open dev tools on that tab (f12 on chrome)
3. find the "localstorage". For Chrome, go to the Applications tab, then Storage > Local storage (which should have a single item, probably "file://")
4. after clicking that item, it should list a number of Keys, those should be be all related to save data of other sugarcube games, start deleting any you know you won't use anymore to clear up space
I have Opera GX not Chrome, and it's sadly not that easy to find local storage on the devtools on there, that said I did the next best thing and cleared my cache and cookies which as far as I'm aware should delete every HTML save file in my storage, the problem did not go away I still cannot get a single save file on the new Unholy Arts update, and the issue is only with that game.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I have Opera GX not Chrome, and it's sadly not that easy to find local storage on the devtools on there, that said I did the next best thing and cleared my cache and cookies which as far as I'm aware should delete every HTML save file in my storage, the problem did not go away I still cannot get a single save file on the new Unholy Arts update, and the issue is only with that game.
, I don't know if the GX version changes anything but hopefully not. Do it in a browser page where a downloaded sugarcube html game is open.

If the above doesn't work, then unfortunately I don't know how to fix the problem. Unholy Arts savefiles are pretty big compared to most html games, but for it to exceed the quota is usually only a problem because the browser puts all sugarcube games' save files on one shared localstorage space. In that case, the problem of exceeding the quota will show up first on a game with bigger save files, but it would eventually start showing up for all html games as the browser struggled more and more to allocate enough free space. Maybe the Opera GX browser does things differently and I'm misinterpreting the problem, but in my experience that has been the issue with managing Unholy Arts save files through a browser.

You could still just save to disk and use those saves to play the game, but I understand that's way more clunky to use than when the browser handles it directly.

Reactions: Tevildo77
4.20 star(s) 24 Votes