[UNITY] Bonds of Blood [Svengali Productions]

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Ghouls_Phone_01c.png
Several of these props are custom, I am trying to make a lot of what I can't find (and some of what I can).

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Why Unity? Are you planning some complex gameplay you can't make on Ren'py?
Gameplay (combat, companions, etc.), options, and more, while retaining as much of the QoL features as I can. You will be able to change fonts, cursors, UI size and opacity, and more.

Also due to it being easier for us to use, and far more useful to us to learn in the long run.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Gameplay (combat, companions, etc.), options, and more, while retaining as much of the QoL features as I can. You will be able to change fonts, cursors, UI size and opacity, and more.

Also due to it being easier for us to use, and far more useful to us to learn in the long run.
I'm not against a bit of gameplay although I play more for the story and the erotic content. I can see you are planning a turn based combat system, party management and more but quoting your overview:
This game has a complete character creation and turn-based battle system, using action points to plan your turn, and a companion system to get aid from your allies, along with various difficulty levels to make things easier or harder as you desire, however, it can be mostly ignored if you do not care for these elements.
Don't you thing you're trying to make something overcomplicated when players can ignore it altogether?

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Not at all, thats why you have so many games to choose from? Thats how it works doesnt it? Some ppl are in need of simple fuck fest with whinny underage boys and some like it more structured.

I am personally in great need of some
overcomplicated
games in my life. I am sure TheDevian will do great job. He is old school if that tells you anything.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not against a bit of gameplay although I play more for the story and the erotic content. I can see you are planning a turn based combat system, party management and more but quoting your overview:

Don't you thing you're trying to make something overcomplicated when players can ignore it altogether?
Don't worry, if you are not into the combat, you will be able to play in the easy modes, and have access to a cheat move, that will kill all in one move. Almost everything in this game will be more or less optional.

We are making the game we want to play, but we also realize that not everyone is into all of those elements, so we are making as much of it as we can optional. For example, you can go in and spend points to make your character, or if you are not into that, you can just pick a primary and secondary focus, and the game will do the rest for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Not at all, thats why you have so many games to choose from? Thats how it works doesnt it? Some ppl are in need of simple fuck fest with whinny underage boys and some like it more structured.

I am personally in great need of some

games in my life. I am sure TheDevian will do great job. He is old school if that tells you anything.
My point was about making a heavy gameplay game to add a switch or something to avoid that part. You would be dedicating time and resources to something that many players may skip althogether. Time and resouces that could be expent into renders and story.
Like I said before I'm not against gameplay bits and believe me I don't like shota games nor the incest template we see everywhere.
Anyway this looks promising and I can't wait to play it.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
My point was about making a heavy gameplay game to add a switch or something to avoid that part. You would be dedicating time and resources to something that many players may skip althogether. Time and resouces that could be expent into renders and story.
Like I said before I'm not against gameplay bits and believe me I don't like shota games nor the incest template we see everywhere.
Anyway this looks promising and I can't wait to play it.
Well, our primary goal here is a learn and gain experience, so either way, it's still worth it to us there.

I am working on upgrading my second PC, so that it is good enough to render there too, which will help speed things up a good bit as well, though it could be a while at my current income level. lol One part at a time...

The story itself is already mostly written, I wanted to do that part first, so my dyslexia would not slow down production. All I have to do is adjust the later scenes some, depending on which companions are included, and write the sex scenes, which I plan to wait and see who is popular, and what is requested, not to mention, what I can figure out how to animate...

No shota, no incest, the player's true family is long dead. That said, if you are into that, there are characters who can more or less be a stand in family as his 'boss' kind of raised him as a matronly figure, and the ghoul (and maybe others later) could stand in as a surrogate daughter or whatever. I guess it is all in how you look at it.

Thank you. We should be testing the next build this weekend, and I really hope to have it out this month, but he has had to redo some of the code from scratch, the free modules that we got for it were not good enough for what we wanted, so he is writing the code himself, so that it is easier to adjust later.

The good thing, is that once all of the basic systems are set up, it should be relatively easy to expand on those systems for the later chapters. Of course, that is why this is the smallest of the chapters as well.

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
ahegao is optional? Great! i hate this stupid face!
The game looks great.... will check it out for sure

• Haha

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
ahegao is optional? Great! i hate this stupid face!
The game looks great.... will check it out for sure
hahaha. Well, I haven't used it in many places, if at all, mostly just as joke renders. That said, none of the sex stuff is required to complete the story, only have sex with who you want, when you want. The only real exception is if you dislike casual nudity, then you might have some issues with it. ;p

Thanks, we are really hoping to be ready soon, just got the new beta today, and it is much closer to being ready.

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
I am working on upgrading my second PC, so that it is good enough to render there too, which will help speed things up a good bit as well, though it could be a while at my current income level.
There's also an alternative on using render farm services online. To boost up progress. :)

just got the new beta today, and it is much closer to being ready.
sneaky-hehe.gif

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Looks great, especially the combat stuff. I hope there is character building mechanics to go along with the combat. Things like skill trees, lvl ups, equipments, etc.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There's also an alternative on using render farm services online. To boost up progress. :)

View attachment 1384482
Render farms have serious limitations, they are more for smaller projects, and they are not fond of animations. Also, I prefer to keep my files to myself, they are all custom. ;)
I do have a 2080ti on my main pc, so I am not doing too badly, but some of my scenes are too big, and I still run out of vram a lot. Need at least one of those 3090's or 3090ti's for the more complicated scenes and animations. Not to mention some faster hard drives for my library.

Having to redo a lot of files right now due to a git error and noticing things I missed before, but the current beta test is mostly looking good so far. It is nice to see almost everything working.
Looks great, especially the combat stuff. I hope there is character building mechanics to go along with the combat. Things like skill trees, lvl ups, equipments, etc.
Thanks! We do have a way to build your character's stats at the start if you wish, and we are planing to add a way to add powers as the game progresses. But the game has no 'class levels' (or classes at all) and he starts with almost anything he wants, being over 500 years old, he is already quite experienced, and rich beyond imagining, so no need to grind for cash, or anything like that.

Originally, I was planning to work it like a game of Vampire the Masquerade, where you only get exp at the end of the adventure, but thanks to getting a skilled coder, we were able to expand that, and are finding ways to make him more powerful as he goes. My main plan was to help him grow was the companion system, he starts off with the ghoul, who can help him in battle, and as the game progresses, he will be able to expand that, and find more people willing to join him. Though, like Dragon Age, for example, you may only take up to 3 people with you at a time.

We plan to add a way to buy more stat points later too, but we have not figured out the exact mechanics for that yet. Perhaps at the end of each chapter's main quest, something like that. Once we get the bugs worked out for this chapter, I can really think about that part more. The main problem, is how to distribute them to the players who are not interested in that aspect of the game. I have a few ideas, but we will have to test some stuff, and do some calculations.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Render farms have serious limitations, they are more for smaller projects, and they are not fond of animations. Also, I prefer to keep my files to myself, they are all custom. ;)
I do have a 2080ti on my main pc, so I am not doing too badly, but some of my scenes are too big, and I still run out of vram a lot. Need at least one of those 3090's or 3090ti's for the more complicated scenes and animations. Not to mention some faster hard drives for my library.

Having to redo a lot of files right now due to a git error and noticing things I missed before, but the current beta test is mostly looking good so far. It is nice to see almost everything working.

Thanks! We do have a way to build your character's stats at the start if you wish, and we are planing to add a way to add powers as the game progresses. But the game has no 'class levels' (or classes at all) and he starts with almost anything he wants, being over 500 years old, he is already quite experienced, and rich beyond imagining, so no need to grind for cash, or anything like that.

Originally, I was planning to work it like a game of Vampire the Masquerade, where you only get exp at the end of the adventure, but thanks to getting a skilled coder, we were able to expand that, and are finding ways to make him more powerful as he goes. My main plan was to help him grow was the companion system, he starts off with the ghoul, who can help him in battle, and as the game progresses, he will be able to expand that, and find more people willing to join him. Though, like Dragon Age, for example, you may only take up to 3 people with you at a time.

We plan to add a way to buy more stat points later too, but we have not figured out the exact mechanics for that yet. Perhaps at the end of each chapter's main quest, something like that. Once we get the bugs worked out for this chapter, I can really think about that part more. The main problem, is how to distribute them to the players who are not interested in that aspect of the game. I have a few ideas, but we will have to test some stuff, and do some calculations.
Yea, a very powerful and old being likely wouldn't gain experience by doing some battles like a traditional lvl 1 character. Still, I think combat mechanics show their greatest potential when paired with some type of character progression system. This keeps things fresh by adding new skills, coming up with synergies between stats/skills/equip, and just having that sense of power growth. That said, if this is primarily a VN with just a splash of combat, I guess you can keep it rudimentary. I just feel like combat systems without much depth and progression gets boring after a few battles. With synergies between 3 different companions, I suppose things could stay fresh for a bit longer. Will just have to see how it works. Good luck.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yea, a very powerful and old being likely wouldn't gain experience by doing some battles like a traditional lvl 1 character. Still, I think combat mechanics show their greatest potential when paired with some type of character progression system. This keeps things fresh by adding new skills, coming up with synergies between stats/skills/equip, and just having that sense of power growth. That said, if this is primarily a VN with just a splash of combat, I guess you can keep it rudimentary. I just feel like combat systems without much depth and progression gets boring after a few battles. With synergies between 3 different companions, I suppose things could stay fresh for a bit longer. Will just have to see how it works. Good luck.
I agree. At bare minimum, there will be the additional companions, who will all come with unique abilities (and can be used as special moves), as well as the MC learning new powers as certain things happen in the story. My goal is to allow you to pick from a handful of options, based on what gave you that power-up. And like I said, we plan to have a way to increase stats, but I can't say how these are going to work exactly, since we haven't quite gotten that far yet, and things have a tendency to change. So far for us, that is mostly been for the better, though the extra ideas have certainly taken a lot of time to develop.

Reactions: desmosome