[UNITY] Bonds of Blood [Svengali Productions]

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
By "may" he just means when the lazy coder (me) start working on it.
Don't sell yourself short, I am continually impressed by what you have pulled off, despite the recent setbacks. I am sure you will have it soon, and we will all be playing the first chapter before long.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Houtamelo

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
When is this “out”?
Hard to say exactly, we are getting really close, but there are still a few more things to add, and a few more systems to fully test. With any luck, we should have a new test build in a few days for our testers at least.

Reactions: keterboy

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Vigeena_vs_Tittana_01a1.png
"Take that, you big breasted loli!"
"But, but, but... I thought big boobs equaled power?!?!?! Was everything anime taught me a lie?!?!?!?! ...Owch! ...No fair!"

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: rKnight

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
New build is ready for the testers.
The link is up on discord, and I will be putting it on patreon in a moment.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Got a lot of bugs fixed over the last couple days, and will have a new build soon... Thanks to everyone who helped out so far.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Still trying to work on my lighting, having an MC with night vision makes that a challenge. lol Ch01_Park_001d1.png

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Still trying to work on my lighting, having an MC with night vision makes that a challenge. lol View attachment 1453307
Not a photo hot shot but security camera with infrared capacity slowly turn to shades of grey when the lights go down. Maybe try something mono chromatic with the spots from the lamp posts be overly bright. I don't know those are iseas tossed up in the air you surely have more experience than me with that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I heard there is character creation, to what extent?
Yes, like Houtamelo said, in the advanced mode, you will have the option to spend points to build your stats, and we are thinking about ways to let you raise them as we go.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And if you do not like that idea, you can just use the normal mode, and just chose your primary and secondary focus.
Not a photo hot shot but security camera with infrared capacity slowly turn to shades of grey when the lights go down. Maybe try something mono chromatic with the spots from the lamp posts be overly bright. I don't know those are iseas tossed up in the air you surely have more experience than me with that.
Not sure how to do that without going into photoshop and do post work, which I am trying to avoid when I can (it's painful to my disabled arm). That said, I have a little ghost light near the player for this set to illuminate that area a bit, and I think it's coming out pretty well. I added a bit of a blue tint, but not enough to throw off the colors too much.

Ch01_Park_001d2.png
I am not thrilled that the spotlights are not throwing shadows from the streetlight poles, but I can't figure out why. Shadows are turned on, so I have no clue. Otherwise, I think it came out pretty well (other than the asset being overused now :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Yes, like Houtamelo said, in the advanced mode, you will have the option to spend points to build your stats, and we are thinking about ways to let you raise them as we go.
And if you do not like that idea, you can just use the normal mode, and just chose your primary and secondary focus.

Not sure how to do that without going into photoshop and do post work, which I am trying to avoid when I can (it's painful to my disabled arm). That said, I have a little ghost light near the player for this set to illuminate that area a bit, and I think it's coming out pretty well. I added a bit of a blue tint, but not enough to throw off the colors too much.

View attachment 1457149
I am not thrilled that the spotlights are not throwing shadows from the streetlight poles, but I can't figure out why. Shadows are turned on, so I have no clue. Otherwise, I think it came out pretty well (other than the asset being overused now :rolleyes:).
Well about the blue tint we would need a comparison with a normal render to see the difference ( at least with my monitor) To show night vision I would try to not be affraid to throw of colors with the tiniting ( for first person point of view)

I relooked at both renders you posted here and while the second one looks nicer indeed, the light spots on the ground, at least the first on the left, is alinged with the lamp post and not the bulb if look at the lamp post in the back.

I look forward to trying this game.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well about the blue tint we would need a comparison with a normal render to see the difference ( at least with my monitor) To show night vision I would try to not be affraid to throw of colors with the tiniting ( for first person point of view)

I relooked at both renders you posted here and while the second one looks nicer indeed, the light spots on the ground, at least the first on the left, is alinged with the lamp post and not the bulb if look at the lamp post in the back.

I look forward to trying this game.
Thanks, this is about my 4th or 5th time redoing this scene, just on the lighting. lol Earliest ones were just awful, I spent a lot of time learning how to make and pose people, how to edit and create props, write the story, starting to learn animation, and all that fun stuff, but I am still pretty new with lighting, though I feel like I am getting a lot better with it, and can only improve from here. ;)

This isn't the first one, but it is one of the oldest ones I can find easily...
Then I tried the blue tint idea... and while much better, I still didn't think it worked by itself
The current ones also have a blue tint to most of the lights, but now with more defined shadows and light sources. I also had to fix a lot of the geometry due to gaps in the ground, and even changed the grass texture out, since that one just looks awful. lol

I do have the spotlights lined up with the bulbs, but hey, it's daz... =/ Oh well, one day I plan to move fully over to Blender, but I have a ways to go before I can texture and pose as well there.

I can't wait to be able to show it to all of you. Hopefully that will be soon, we are starting to get into the nitpicky stuff, galleries, and focusing more on the details, since most of the larger stuff is basically done.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
well lighting is a real art. knowing how to light a sceen properly is hard as it is not necessarly the first task you set out to do when creating renders and one that can be time consuming to learn. The lighting can make even give older games a breath of fresh air with mods or can rendr an other game unplayable. Harem Hotel comes to mind. Honey select as a desing tool show it's age, but with the mods and his skills Runey is able to deliver something that is realy great to look at. I have no doubt that in time you will develop those skill to. Having to do night vision for a vampire where the lighting must look special but still natural seems like one of those deep ends for the lighting skills. Come to think of it when I watch shows on TV with my GF we always laugh at the fact that day pass instantly to night without going throught dusk. Just shows how hard lighting realy is.

Reactions: TheDevian

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
While working today I was rethinking about the lighting discution and I rememberd a video i saw not long ago about lighting in CGI interviewing someone at Weta Digital. (mainly about Alita: Battle Angel). Rewatched it and turns out it is more about realistic skin in CGI but it has a lot to do with light and how different surface and what is underneath react to it. And trying to Render those things on a home computer seams to be the equivalent of commiting suicide for the said computer. Non the less it might be a glimpse of what we will be able to render in the future.

here is a link if you are interested: