Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I never played that game but try search with values if you can't find the right name
the variables are correct. i can edit it with previous version of the game but it doesnt work with the new version. I changed the values of soldiers but the game didnt change.
im currently looking at this ... the code is ... weird (or to good) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 0x52 and vimey

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yust did so => Link Sorry for posting in the wrong Thread.
It's fine. If you didn't post it here I wouldn't have found about it.
I've linked the second post of this thread to your post in de game's thread.

If you are planning on publishing more .URM files and post them in the game thread, just send me a PM and I will add it to the list in this thread. (@mentioning me doesn't seem to be very reliable, I rarely get a notification about it for some reason)

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Belzeebub and 0x52
Apr 1, 2018
I'm probably doing something very wrong here so that's why I ask but I keep crashing in a game called Maid Mansion (https://f95zone.to/threads/maid-mansion-final-crazy-cactus-belgerum.57957/) every time I try to do something in URM ie. search labels, variable, change names pretty much anything. Now I know that URM is not compatible with certain versions of renpy (I don't know how to check) and that's what I'm assuming is happening here or perhaps not. Can someone look into this and clarify?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I'm probably doing something very wrong here so that's why I ask but I keep crashing in a game called Maid Mansion (https://f95zone.to/threads/maid-mansion-final-crazy-cactus-belgerum.57957/) every time I try to do something in URM ie. search labels, variable, change names pretty much anything. Now I know that URM is not compatible with certain versions of renpy (I don't know how to check) and that's what I'm assuming is happening here or perhaps not. Can someone look into this and clarify?
for the renaming
↓↓↓

Screenshot_1.png do it like this --- still looking into this
nvm - gives weird results and not working on all sentences

relationship

Screenshot_2.png

not going deeper into this
even the renaming at start throws errors if i choose random like "xxx" or "ccc" as name ...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink
Apr 1, 2018
for the renaming
↓↓↓

View attachment 1600035 do it like this --- still looking into this
nvm - gives weird results and not working on all sentences

relationship

View attachment 1600038

not going deeper into this
even the renaming at start throws errors if i choose random like "xxx" or "ccc" as name ...
Thank you very much appreciate it! for some reason I instantly crash from using any feature.

Edit: Looking at your picture I just noticed I was using URM version 1.4.1 this whole time, that's probably what caused it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I tested this and I'm only experiencing issues when using the rename feature. Everything else seems to be working fine here. I'll look into this.

Work-around for now:
Search for the character name variable and change the value:
1642439546227.png 1642439559779.png

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
getting an odd crash with URM 0.151 and the game Mirror Mine https://f95zone.to/threads/mirror-mine-v0-18-2-public-lemonkey.25786/ . As far as I can tell as soon as you watch any variable, even if you dont actually save a *.urm file, things start getting very crashy for some reason.
yeah , had this too , but considered this game is not worth the hassle for me atm :ROFLMAO:
(no crash , just the error window)
and im sure i have seen a similiar error somewhere :unsure: but on a older version of urm
im sure our hero 0x52 will look into this

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
getting an odd crash with URM 1.5.1 and the game Mirror Mine https://f95zone.to/threads/mirror-mine-v0-18-2-public-lemonkey.25786/ . As far as I can tell as soon as you watch any variable, even if you dont actually save a *.urm file, things start getting very crashy for some reason.

ED correct URM version
Unfortunately this dev caused an issue within Ren'Py itself. I could only fix this by overruling Ren'Py's build-in function SetLocalVariable(), which I don't want to do.

I have a work-around for you:
  1. Open the file renpy/common/00action_data.rpy
  2. Find the line def SetLocalVariable(name, value): (line 161)
  3. Add a line bellow that one containing: import sys
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Details:
They assigned a character to the variable sys, which is a because it's use by Ren'Py internally.
Be doing this they broke a function inside Ren'Py that URM needs.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Just update the mod to 1.5.2, that should solve this issue

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
Unfortunately this dev caused an issue within Ren'Py itself. I could only fix this by overruling Ren'Py's build-in function SetLocalVariable(), which I don't want to do.

I have a work-around for you:
  1. Open the file renpy/common/00action_data.rpy
  2. Find the line def SetLocalVariable(name, value): (line 161)
  3. Add a line bellow that one containing: import sys
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Details:
They assigned a character to the variable sys, which is a because it's use by Ren'Py internally.
Thanks! And I can see why you want to steer clear of messing in RenPy's guts. I do have to say, I haven't programmed in years (don't think you can call the occasional BASH script programming) and even I would wonder if sys is a safe variable to use.

Ed spelling

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Details:
Time to BASH the dev of that game. :LOL:
Like Stringy Bob I encountered the same error but like Boehser Onkel I also found it not worth the hassle since it was the only game giving me an issue and as long as I still could use the Choices spy I wasn't too bothered

Belzeebub

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
FaceCrap it is the mere mention of the same error that has already been resolved (or been seen by the modder) that earned the facepalm. You should be more mature and accept that there will always be someone out there who will disagree with you. Also, I expect you will post something fruitful or productive in this thread in future. Instead of circling around the same errors and waste time. The modder (in this case 0x52) has better things to do than going through crap. I, for one am not sore about how my comment/posts are reacted with, I advice you should be a sport and do too.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes