Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes
Feb 24, 2020
(partially) enabling URM during replay is on my todo list ;)
It'll be a pretty handy feature. Currently I am unable to get ending 8 of 8 for Deliverance. Having said feature will allow players to explore other scenes before the replay scenes by knowing the variables and hence able to choose the correct options going to the replay-able scene.

ZoolooS

Nov 20, 2017
Hello there.

Can you please add font-size and amount of search result lines settings. Or m.b. just encrease amount of search result lines (with smaller font).
I tried myself - 25 (or even 30 lines, with smaller fonts and paddings) on 2k+ monitors looks better (and long strings not cut off) then 20 (all elements too big and long lines cutted with "..."). The problem is - I need to "decompile"/change/"compile" mod every time with new version. And I don't understand where some GUI settings it is.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello there.

Can you please add font-size and amount of search result lines settings. Or m.b. just encrease amount of search result lines (with smaller font).
I tried myself - 25 (or even 30 lines, with smaller fonts and paddings) on 2k+ monitors looks better (and long strings not cut off) then 20 (all elements too big and long lines cutted with "..."). The problem is - I need to "decompile"/change/"compile" mod every time with new version. And I don't understand where some GUI settings it is.
URM scales based on the game's resolution.
But of course when you play a 1080p (or even 720p) game fullscreen/maximized on a bigger screen it will be quite big, but it will still be "normal" in comparison to the game.
I'll think about it, but don't get your hopes up, because it will introduce even more complexity in the scaling.

MMueller

Aug 20, 2019
Thanks for developing and sharing this great tool !

Suggestion for improvement: selecting multiple variables and change their value in one go instead of having to change the value of each variable individually (Mass Edit)

Reactions: ZoolooS and 0x52

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Unfortunately the usual command to open the URM console, Alt+M, does not work for Shards of Her.
Did a quick test, and it's working perfectly fine on my end -- I can open the URM menu, change settings, search for variables, all the stuff.
1700804463158.png
1700804481044.png
1700804491129.png

If it's not working for you, please fill out a full bug report:

Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • Are you using the latest version of URM?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

Reactions: 0x52

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
Did a quick test, and it's working perfectly fine on my end -- I can open the URM menu, change settings, search for variables, all the stuff.

If it's not working for you, please fill out a full bug report:
Great that it is working for others, but odd that it is not working on my end then.
The file is in the usual game folder, but I am not seing the usual urm message when starting out or loading a save as seen in the first of your attachments. My suspicion is that it is an issue with the customized UI.
  • URM version 1.15.2 (From 23rd of July 2023)
  • VN/Game with issue: Shards of Her (0.3.2)
  • I have no traceback file, but the log file can be seen in the spoiler below.
  • The cause of the issue is unknown, the mod is not visible.
  • A screenshot would not provide much info.
  • URM did not show an error, it is not showing at all. The log does suggest it is loaded though.
  • No other mods are used.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
0x52 URM Seems to break My Early Life. Whole lot of errors when starting the game (compressed version and origianl).

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
0x52 URM Seems to break My Early Life. Whole lot of errors when starting the game (compressed version and origianl).
What errors are you talking about? The error when you click on Inventory? That's in the base game and you're getting that even if URM isn't installed. So what errors do you get? Please fill out a proper bug report:

Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • Are you using the latest version of URM?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?
Btw: I did a quick test, and it seems like URM is working perfectly fine for me with the original version of the game (haven't tested the compressed version). I can search and change all important values (money, photo/yoga/hacking skills, shyness, arousal, date as in day of week, time of day etc., even events can be marked as triggered through URM).

Reactions: 0x52 and loqex

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
My Early Life Ep. 5
Bug I ran into is when you start a new game, it errors out (see attached pic)

URM 1.15.2

Original (and compressed) version

Also, with urm mod in game folder, some of the initial loading screens are skipped.

What's strange is if I load a saved game (with urm mod in game folder), it's fine.

No other mods

If I remove URM rpa package, game starts normally (start new game).

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
Dunno what to say. strange issue.

But my work around is start game without mod, save a game, put mod back, restore save game and it works.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Great that it is working for others, but odd that it is not working on my end then.
The file is in the usual game folder, but I am not seing the usual urm message when starting out or loading a save as seen in the first of your attachments. My suspicion is that it is an issue with the customized UI.
  • URM version 1.15.2 (From 23rd of July 2023)
  • VN/Game with issue: Shards of Her (0.3.2)
  • I have no traceback file, but the log file can be seen in the spoiler below.
  • The cause of the issue is unknown, the mod is not visible.
  • A screenshot would not provide much info.
  • URM did not show an error, it is not showing at all. The log does suggest it is loaded though.
  • No other mods are used.
What if you remove your saves for this game?
(Move both game\saves and %appdata%\RenPy\<gamename> somewhere else and start a new game)

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
What if you remove your saves for this game?
(Move both game\saves and %appdata%\RenPy\<gamename> somewhere else and start a new game)
The issue was when starting from scratch, I was not loading from any save file.
But just in case I forced it to use angle 2, and then followed the suggested course of action: Deleted the saves from both locations and tried again. No dice, the result was the same, the urm mod did not show.

I did find a solution though: Making a manual save, exiting and restarting, then loading that save!
The next issue was that the renaming feature did not replace the name of the MC.
Changing the value of persistent.MC did the trick though! So, mission accomplished! :cool:

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
When importing save from previous version of the game (The seven Realms) URM is not working. But after I reload after I save then it is working. Maybe because it does not start normally like other games. Though it is a minor/nominal issue still I thought of mentioning it here. On another note, I cannot wait for the next update. It really is a big one, I am getting a very strong vibe. Looking forward to it.

• Love
Feb 24, 2020
Encountered the following error during this scene (in spoiler tag), along with the error log. The game is [The Entrepreneur] modded with the walkthrough mod on its main page.
Steps to reproduce error:
1. Open URM using Alt+M
2. Rename character

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I am having this error whenever I am enabling textbox.
Game - Seeds of chaos
Using latest version of URM.
Also, there is this problem of whenever I am selecting an option and rolling back the other option is disabled. So, I cannot change that option even with URM. But when I load a previous save and play that part then I can select that other option.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes