Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

HardPlay109

Sep 22, 2021
My question had two parts, but you only answered one.
So let me repeat the second part: which variable(s) you're trying to change on those games?

// EDIT: Also: My Cute Roommate 1 or 2?
Sorry, I'm trying to change: money, power, strength.
It's My Cute Roommate 1

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
It's My Cute Roommate 1
First of all: you don't even need URM to change those values in that specific game:
1703091321817.png

And second: URM can be a bit finicky with (some) sandbox games. It often seems you can only open URM while a dialogue is playing, but not while in "sandbox mode". I was able to change my money at the very start:
1703091533708.png

But after that I wasn't able to open URM again.

Reactions: 0x52

HardPlay109

Sep 22, 2021
First of all: you don't even need URM to change those values in that specific game:
View attachment 3190207

And second: URM can be a bit finicky with (some) sandbox games. It often seems you can only open URM while a dialogue is playing, but not while in "sandbox mode". I was able to change my money at the very start:
View attachment 3190220

But after that I wasn't able to open URM again.
That, yes I understood but how did you activate the cheat at the start and if the URM has errors to activate but you just restart the game, could you tell me how you activated the cheat

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi, is there any way to replace the font inside the mod?
Got this when using VNtranslator, after it translated into my language.

View attachment 3194605
There is quite a big change this is fixed in the next URM release

Dude I wanna use this mod on my android but how to extract that file in android
See:
Not all Android versions will work, but you could try this:
  1. Use a filebrowser to go to /storage/emulated/android/data/<gamename>/files/game (create the directory "game" if it doesn't exist yet)
  2. Put the 0x52_URM.rpa in there
  3. Load the game
Is there a way to get URM and Sunshine Love + Sancho's multi-mod to work together? Any sorcery that I can do?
I assume it would just work? Did you try it? Did you get an error or something?

Reactions: Paranoiaaaaaa
Feb 24, 2020
I assume it would just work? Did you try it? Did you get an error or something?
These are the traceback.txt files I get when running URM and Sancho's multi-mod in Sunshine Love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To add on, I have used Sancho's multi-mod and other games as well but did not encounter this issue at all. So far Sunshine Love is the only game that crashes when URM and Sancho's multi-mod are used together.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
These are the traceback.txt files I get when running URM and Sancho's multi-mod in Sunshine Love:
To add on, I have used Sancho's multi-mod and other games as well but did not encounter this issue at all. So far Sunshine Love is the only game that crashes when URM and Sancho's multi-mod are used together.
See:
I've looked into this and it's caused by the i-patch.
It replaces Ren'Py's config.label_overrides with a custom object ("LabelOverridesSwitch")

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 2.0 Bèta
Hi all,

After months of work I'm proud to be able to finally release URM version 2.0 (for now still in bèta).

You should not expect a lot of new features, but a lot was improved, optimized and fixed.
Some changes to highlight:
  • New design + theming engine (pick different themes)
  • Row highlighting, to easier distinguish between rows
  • More advanced browsing variables containing dicts, lists, classes, etc.
  • New mod framework (which will not conflict with my game specific mods)
  • New .urm fileformat (it's still able to read old .urm files)
  • Improved character search (for renaming and textbox customization)
  • Fix: Compatibility with Ren'Py 8.1.3+
  • Fix: Some characters properties would be applied to the custom textbox, while they shouldn't
You can view the attached and screenshots to check out the new look.
As always you can manually download the new version or from the attachment below. I will update the OP when it comes out of bèta.

I really hope you like this early Christmas present and wish you all happy holidays!

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Hey 0x52! First of all, thank you so much for your awesome work. You have no idea how your mod turned a lot of games much more enjoyable and interesting to play, for me at least.

If I may give a little suggestion: would it be possible for URPM to show the actual triggering condition directly in the path detection popup (I mean, the same line you can already get by opening the popup and clicking on the "Condition" button)?. I think having such an option could be pretty useful, especially with games that do the same check every few lines of code (many games behave like this).

Thank you again and all the best

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
URM 2.0 Bèta
Awesome! Thanks mate for your hard work and all the effort you put into this! Also: great video you did about this new version, I really like it! This really is a nice Christmas present.

I wish you all the best and happy holidays to you, too! Much love!

• Love

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
If I may give a little suggestion: would it be possible for URPM to show the actual triggering condition directly in the path detection popup (I mean, the same line you can already get by opening the popup and clicking on the "Condition" button)?. I think having such an option could be pretty useful, especially with games that do the same check every few lines of code (many games behave like this).
This has been requested before and I will add this at some point, but it's going to be tricky with longer conditions.

Reactions: darlic
Apr 1, 2018
They did my old UI dirty man :cry:

Edit: nvm im just dumb

Suggestion: One to change UI to legacy? or make the texts bigger? (y)

Last edited:

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
This has been requested before and I will add this at some point, but it's going to be tricky with longer conditions.
I'm sorry I didn't search for it before asking, I didn't expect this request to be so popular. I don't know if the others agree with me but I'm ok with having the longer conditions truncated in the notification, after all they can still be fully read via the already existing menu.

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
URM 2.0 Bèta
Hi all,

After months of work I'm proud to be able to finally release URM version 2.0 (for now still in bèta).

You should not expect a lot of new features, but a lot was improved, optimized and fixed.
Some changes to highlight:
  • New design + theming engine (pick different themes)
  • Row highlighting, to easier distinguish between rows
  • More advanced browsing variables containing dicts, lists, classes, etc.
  • New mod framework (which will not conflict with my game specific mods)
  • New .urm fileformat (it's still able to read old .urm files)
  • Improved character search (for renaming and textbox customization)
  • Fix: Compatibility with Ren'Py 8.1.3+
  • Fix: Some characters properties would be applied to the custom textbox, while they shouldn't
You can view the attached and screenshots to check out the new look.
As always you can manually download the new version or from the attachment below. I will update the OP when it comes out of bèta.

I really hope you like this early Christmas present and wish you all happy holidays!

Thanks for the new update.
I'm really loved your mod.
And Yes it's really a Christmas present.
Lastly I'm just shared my thoughts in the video don't mind me.
I wish you to good luck and happy holidays :love:

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes