Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Smrdgy

Nov 12, 2018
3) A way to ignore some path detections. For example there are incest games which have different dialogues for when incest patch is applied.
Have to second this one for similar reasons. Incest, gender, platform, etc. checks are often annoying when they pop up every few lines to the point where I have to turn the notifications off. I wouldn't mind having some regex filter in the settings (global and per game ideally like the rest of the settings) to filter those checks.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
May I ask what tool you were using on here?
  • Texteditor: Notepad++ (Dark mode)
  • Screenshot and drawing the red boxes: HyperSnap 8
:LOL:

Have to second this one for similar reasons... checks are often annoying when they pop up every few lines to the point where I have to turn the notifications off...
Can you name a game as an example, so I can check if there isn't another way already to achieve this?

Last edited:
Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink

Smrdgy

Nov 12, 2018
Can you name a game as an example, so I can check if there isn't another way already to achieve this?
Sorry for the delay, yesterday I've encountered it in Rebel Duet although not that frequently as I mentioned in the previous post, there is mcsex == "Male" path that controls which body images should be displayed, so I don't think you can circumvent that in any way. I don't remember the name of the game which had it almost constantly because it's been a while and I've dropped it anyway, but I can bet I would find some if I were to look for games with an incest tag and a 1kb lewd patch that just toggles a variable to alter between roommate/landlord and something. Maybe a simple example could be not _in_replay that pops up in almost every game that has a gallery. It's not really a relevant path per se, so a simple global filter for "_in_replay" would solve it very quickly.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
3) A way to ignore some path detections. For example there are incest games which have different dialogues for when incest patch is applied.
Have to second this one for similar reasons. Incest, gender, platform, etc. checks are often annoying when they pop up every few lines to the point where I have to turn the notifications off. I wouldn't mind having some regex filter in the settings (global and per game ideally like the rest of the settings) to filter those checks.
See:
I've put it on the wishlist ;)

Reactions: Feyd and theMickey_

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 2.0 is out of bèta!
I've just published 2.0.2, which is not a bèta version anymore. More information about URM 2.0 can be found here.
Changelog for 2.0.2:
  • Fix: Self-update didn't work properly
  • Fix: Loading old .urm files in newer Ren'Py versions
  • Fix: Allow self-voicing of custom textboxes
As always, you get get URM from the OP, or through the update option from within URM.

Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020
URM 2.0 is out of bèta!
I've just published 2.0.2, which is not a bèta version anymore. More information about URM 2.0 can be found here.
Changelog for 2.0.2:
As always, you get get URM from the OP, or through the update option from within URM.

I don't know if it's been said but I love you Mr. 0x52

• Red Heart
Reactions: 0x52

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
URM 2.0 is out of bèta!
Changelog for 2.0.2:
awesome! thx alot!

Kingman92

Jul 3, 2021
Is there a possibility to edit the dict variables in the College Kings 2 game? It doesn't do anything other than deleting it. Some variables are missing and it says unknow.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes