• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
After further testing it seems like having my stats over 999 would cause this its and overload be cause the game legit caps u at 8 in all stats.

One thing I would like you to please test if u could is how the unren cant be open up once and edit is made and the game is played for a while so like if i find a stat i want to change i have to start a new game.

Thanks for the cheat
had a stroke reading this lol

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
One thing I would like you to please test if u could is how the unren cant be open up once and edit is made and the game is played for a while so like if i find a stat i want to change i have to start a new game.
Sorry, I don't know what you're trying to say here?!

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
edit: Oh one more thing while using the "replay" feature I noticed sometimes after you use the feature the screen goes dark, with no picture but only texts. Is that a game thing? or can that be fixed? is this happening to everyone? I noticed this happening in a lot of games lately. Perhaps devs trying to counteract people from jump/replaying scenes they haven't reached yet?
You mean immediately after staring a replay you get a black screen?

That's easy to explain:
Sometimes labels don't start with an image (in a normal play-through they would show an image from a previous label/scene), in this case you'll see a black screen (since there's no image). If you just keep going an image wil probably show up

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
You mean immediately after staring a replay you get a black screen?

That's easy to explain:
Sometimes labels don't start with an image (in a normal play-through they would show an image from a previous label/scene), in this case you'll see a black screen (since there's no image). If you just keep going an image wil probably show up
nope

the whole replay is black screen , only text shown until the replay label is through

Belzeebub

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Sorry, I don't know what you're trying to say here?!
Sorry, to intrude in a conversation but I think he meant using or the possibilty of using This in your mod. He has to confirm that though, it is just my hunch. Good luck. And thank you again, for this amazing mod. It is really exceptionally useful for me. Works almost in every game without any bugs/errors. Thank you.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I was unable to reproduce this. Do you maybe have a specific example, which game and which label within that game? That would be very helpful

Same to you, and everybody else reading this ;)
mentioned 3 games at post above https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-5-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/post-7240397
and uh i used a random label from saved games

example : game https://f95zone.to/threads/the-way-love-goes-chapter-6-naughty-skunk-games.88718/

Screenshot_1.png

label saved at attached file

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I checked one of the games in your previous post and could not reproduce the issue.

I just tried the game The Way Love Goes replaying the label choice14_done and for me it works as explained here, if I just continue at some point an image appears:
1640952823873.png

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I checked one of the games in your previous post and could not reproduce the issue.

I just tried the game The Way Love Goes replaying the label choice14_done and for me it works as explained here, if I just continue at some point an image appears:
View attachment 1572588
hmm , yeah - its like this , weird it (the black screens) didnt happend before (to me atleast )
thanks for your time :cool: (y)

its still the best mod(tool) for renpy games :D

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
hmm , yeah - its like this , weird it (the black screens) didnt happend before (to me atleast )
thanks for your time :cool: (y)

its still the best mod(tool) for renpy games :D
Thanks for checking.
Unfortunately I cannot prevent this, it's just how some games are designed

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
trying the mod on game Lord King (v1.4) gave this error....it has renpy v7.3.5.x so it's not coz of non-supported version I assume

the mod loaded properly the first time but then going to the save/load screen started this error....now anytime I try to start this (press Alt M), it gives error (tried it by loading other saves as well but the TypeError: 'int' object is not callable happens everytime)

I do have console & dev mode enabled, so I tried it in another game with both on as well but had no issues
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
trying the mod on game Lord King (v1.4) gave this error....it has renpy v7.3.5.x so it's not coz of non-supported version I assume

the mod loaded properly the first time but then going to the save/load screen started this error....now anytime I try to start this (press Alt M), it gives error (tried it by loading other saves as well but the TypeError: 'int' object is not callable happens everytime)

I do have console & dev mode enabled, so I tried it in another game with both on as well but had no issues
try to deactivate "ask name before saving" at mod options

edit : i was not able to reproduce this error

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

Seems like this game replaced Python's built-in int-method with something else.
I'll see if there's something I can do.

It annoys me that developers use built-in names for their own variables (I've seen this a couple of times now). The Ren'Py documentation contains a list of . (Yes, int is in there)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Seems like this game replaced Python's built-in int-method with something else.
I'll see if there's something I can do.

It annoys me that developers use built-in names for their own variables (I've seen this a couple of times now). The Ren'Py documentation contains a list of . (Yes, int is in there)
was not able to reproduce this error

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
wild guess :
the persistent file (like it happens often)
try to delete it (make backup first to keep achievements etc) at both locations
Scy7he
did this...alt + m works the first time, but then going to load/save gives the same error again
and then the same error happens (the one I posted above)

so this probably means my save is broken right?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
did this...alt + m works the first time, but then going to load/save gives the same error again
and then the same error happens (the one I posted above)

so this probably means my save is broken right?
can you share a save file ? and even the persistent
to test it

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes