Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
It's indeed very rare, but I have seen it before (like 2 times), but was unable to reproduce it.
As of URM 1.5 I've restructured some things. That should prevent such error, but saves that existed before 1.5 could still have this issue.
(y)
made a save today with latest version - had this error

just tested it
its transfered over by loading old saves and save from this

thanks for your time

Reactions: Belzeebub$ and 0x52

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i dont know if its asked/mentioned somewhere before
but i would like to be able to load .urm files from the watchpanel
for fast switching in rpgm for example , like i have a urm with hp stats and one with mp stats

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
i dont know if its asked/mentioned somewhere before
but i would like to be able to load .urm files from the watchpanel
for fast switching in rpgm for example , like i have a urm with hp stats and one with mp stats
Wouldn't it make more sense to have multiple watchpanel presets inside one URM file?
So you can switch between watchpanel content within the same file.

Side note. There's a task on my todo-list to improve the watchpanel (make it more compact)

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Wouldn't it make more sense to have multiple watchpanel presets inside one URM file?
So you can switch between watchpanel content within the same file.

Side note. There's a task on my todo-list to improve the watchpanel (make it more compact)
i´ll take it :ROFLMAO:

(y)

Reactions: 0x52

Shumo

Jan 27, 2020
Was looking to take advantage of your work - the first implementation I tried gave me this:
Full traceback:
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\main.py", line 249, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\script.py", line 181, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\script.py", line 441, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/OrderedDict.rpyc.

Any thoughts?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Was looking to take advantage of your work - the first implementation I tried gave me this:
Full traceback:
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\main.py", line 249, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\script.py", line 181, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "X:\Adult Games\Witch_Trainer_102-win\renpy\script.py", line 441, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/OrderedDict.rpyc.

Any thoughts?
See this:
Seems that they have modified Ren'Py itself. When you grab the Ren'Py SDK (from renpy.org) extract it, put "WTS-pc" in there and run Renpy you can start the game with URM just fine

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Oh wow thats a lot of game compatible. Thanks.

Also is it compatible with someone else's file? Say someone applies the fix to unlock the gallery and compress the files then shares the files. Will my friend who downloads the file and unpacks it be able to access the gallery?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021

Also is it compatible with someone else's file? Say someone applies the fix to unlock the gallery and compress the files then shares the files. Will my friend who downloads the file and unpacks it be able to access the gallery?
everyone who uses URM can load a .urm file you made
(must be same platform i think)

for game galleries - mostly you have to play or jump to a label , so its unlocks at the game-built-in gallery
like here
Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

Are you talking about the list in the second post? Because that's some examples. It's compatible with a lot more!

Yes, you can create a .urm file containing things you have found and share it with anyone.

everyone who uses URM can load a .urm file you made
(must be same platform i think)
I don't know what you mean with "same platform", do you mean "same OS"? .urm files can be used across different platforms. You could even load an .urm file into a different game, but that would probably not make much sense :p

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Are you talking about the list in the second post? Because that's some examples. It's compatible with a lot more!

Yes, you can create a .urm file containing things you have found and share it with anyone.

I don't know what you mean with "same platform", do you mean "same OS"? .urm files can be used across different platforms. You could even load an .urm file into a different game, but that would probably not make much sense :p
yeah the os .. ;)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
It would be much better if this tool saved its settings into the game's AppData folder.
Currently the setting are saved directly into each game's folder, so when you delete it and eventually a new game update comes out all settings are gone.
this mod is trying (very good btw) to be non-invasive to game files
why should it use a hidden system folder then ?
you can always make a backup of your saved urm files

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Because that's where all other game data is backed up too.
Imagine you had to manually back up your save data for every single RenPy game.
thats what i do

btw - the mod would have to identify every game seperat and name the .urm files to do this

think about it

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
It would be much better if this tool saved its settings into the game's AppData folder.
Currently the setting are saved directly into each game's folder, so when you delete it and eventually a new game update comes out all settings are gone.
This is on the roadmap, but it takes time to get everything added ;)
There will even be beter options for saving your .urm files in the future :eek:

(it's settings are stored in the games settings, but the .urm files are (currently) not)

mentar2000

Apr 3, 2017
I'm having an issue with the game "Sweet Affection". The bug pops up when you get to the first weekend and it asks you if you want to go to the spa. The options aren't showing up like they do with the regular game. Also options when clicking on the train station don't show up either.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I'm having an issue with the game "Sweet Affection". The bug pops up when you get to the first weekend and it asks you if you want to go to the spa. The options aren't showing up like they do with the regular game. Also options when clicking on the train station don't show up either.
what bug?
any error text file?
traceback file?
screenshot?

Reactions: 0x52

mentar2000

Apr 3, 2017
this choices maybe related to the stat with the heart?
tried to set this lower?
It isn't a heart issue. The spa day is a part of the game for several levels. If it was just hearts, there would be an option to not do it. The game essentially freezes at that point with the mod. It doesn't actually freeze, but the only thing you can do is reload/quit.

I've tried changing all the different variables, but nothing makes the choices pop up.

The only reason the second has no hearts is because I just skipped day until I got to that point. The first with the mod is normal play.

mentar2000

Apr 3, 2017
I'm looking through the code and the only difference I'm seeing between the options that do show and the ones that don't is how the menu starts. the ones that do show start with "scene" and the ones that don't start with "show screen". The actual menus for the choices though are the same type coding.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes