Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
yes

look at second post - label search
Hey thanks I tried it out but there's some issues with that.
See, the game is Grandma's House and I think you even modded that game, but it can't recognize all scenes. I only managed to get a few in the beginning but from one point on it just didn't work out at all.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
See, the game is Grandma's House and I think you even modded that game, but it can't recognize all scenes. I only managed to get a few in the beginning but from one point on it just didn't work out at all.
You can see every label name when playing the game

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
yeah thats weird
for example the Veena scenes have no labels

Screenshot_1.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
yeah thats weird
for example the Veena scenes have no labels

View attachment 1622664
This is something I will improve in a future version of URM.
Currently URM doesn't remember the last label called, but looks up the last called label. If this label was called too long ago it will show this (Unknown)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Currently URM doesn't remember the last label called, but looks up the last called label. If this label was called too long ago it will show this (Unknown)
(y)
(reaction limit reached - what the .. :ROFLMAO: )

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
Great thank you very much! I was hoping to get an answer about it.
Also about this game:
Since the first sex scene is divided into two parts right at the beginning, the first part starts literally at the beginning where you have to go through naming your MC and hear about his background story. I think it would be optimal to have the ability to cut certain parts of a scene when creating a label.

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
You can see every label name when playing the game
No obviously you can't. Just look three answers above and you'll see the creater of the universal mod stating that this is an issue that's being worked on for the future versions.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vimey

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Great thank you very much! I was hoping to get an answer about it.
Also about this game:
Since the first sex scene is divided into two parts right at the beginning, the first part starts literally at the beginning where you have to go through naming your MC and hear about his background story. I think it would be optimal to have the ability to cut certain parts of a scene when creating a label.
dont think this will work like you want ;)
the labels calling a sequence of renders - dont know how you will call just a specific bunch of em
if the labels itself are divided into -lets say- label 01a and 01b in label 01 ,this can work

well , for grandma´s house
theres label "start" and "shawna_bath"
Screenshot_2.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
No obviously you can't. Just look three answers above and you'll see the creater of the universal mod stating that this is an issue that's being worked on for the future versions.
URM will show the label, but if it's a very long label/scene it could show "(Unknown)". This means the start of the scene you're looking at was a while ago.
There is a chance that if you rollback, URM will detect the label again.

Reactions: vimey

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
URM will show the label, but if it's a very long label/scene it could show "(Unknown)". This means the start of the scene you're looking at was a while ago.
There is a chance that if you rollback, URM will detect the label again.
Gonna try that some other time thanks.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey. When I try to at least find a value
Gives out this error
Could you attach your traceback.txt file? The attached screenshot doesn't give me enough information to work with.

Reactions: Aka645
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes