Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Nice. That's cool. What about replacing a whole background image, or an animation?
That's (currently) not supported. This would be very complex and I can't think of a reasonable use case where you would want this.

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
Can I ask that you change the mod hotkeys to shift+Z or shift+X instead of shift+M, cause every time I try to rename "Landlady" to "Mother" it activates the mod console... Also any chance of *wildcards? i.e. *love to bring up sislove, momlove, deblove, myrnalove... If you type in love you get nothing. If it is sis_love then you get everything by typing _love...

Reactions: haooni and 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Good job!

One suggestion. Don't know if you can change the hotkey (Shift+M) to something else like ALT+M. Suppose you want to name your character, 'Michael' or 'Mary'? See the problem?
Can I ask that you change the mod hotkeys to shift+Z or shift+X instead of shift+M, cause every time I try to rename "Landlady" to "Mother" it activates the mod console... Also any chance of *wildcards? i.e. *love to bring up sislove, momlove, deblove, myrnalove... If you type in love you get nothing. If it is sis_love then you get everything by typing _love...
Just updated the mod to change the hotkey to Alt+M

I like the wildcard idea. I'll implement something like it in a future version.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 0.8 is out!

screenshot0001.png

In the video below you can see that URM can do all kinds of awesome stuff with choices:
  • You can see hidden choices and select them
  • Show the conditions on which a choice is visible
  • See python code behind a choice
  • Change the choice text

With this URM update the fan signature is also updated. You can grab it here.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
1 year anniversary AND version 1.0

First about URM's 1 year anniversary tomorrow. I didn't plan it like this, I just found out yesterday that I was going to publish version 1.0 one year after the first release.
I guess it's only fair if I brought some cake:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also... version 1.0 is here!
This doesn't mean URM is finished. It means that all features I initially wanted to implement (and even more) are done.
There's still more to come.

Version 1.0 changes:
  • Huge interface redesign
  • Movable/draggable windows
  • Added changelog to URM
  • A lot of small "under the hood" changes
You can see a full tour of URM 1.0 here:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hey 0x52, I haven't posted in a while, and just downloaded your current version of URM -- it's still the best Mod I can think of, thank you so much (again) for doing god's work here by adding new features and keeping it updated! Happy birthday, and have a great time!

• Love
Reactions: 0x52

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
EDIT: I believe it's the game, all the modders are having fits with it. Looks like the dev reversed the renpy archive key for some reason. Game thread has a number of posts about it.

0x52 I suspect this is an issue in the game itself, Powers That Be, that was just updated and seems to be using the latest version of RenPy, but I'm getting this error when I launch the game, don't even get to a main screen. Your "latest mod at the time" for the previous release of the game (v0.3.8), worked fine. The new release v0.4.0 doesn't.

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
EDIT: I believe it's the game, all the modders are having fits with it. Looks like the dev reversed the renpy archive key for some reason. Game thread has a number of posts about it.

0x52 I suspect this is an issue in the game itself, Powers That Be, that was just updated and seems to be using the latest version of RenPy, but I'm getting this error when I launch the game, don't even get to a main screen. Your "latest mod at the time" for the previous release of the game (v0.3.8), worked fine. The new release v0.4.0 doesn't.

Luckily for you. I do like a challenge. The attached version of URM works on Powers That Be.

I have to think about if I want the attached URM to replace the current release. It should also work on any other RenPy game, but it's something specific to only Powers That Be.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Luckily for you. I do like a challenge. The attached version of URM works on Powers That Be.

I have to think about if I want the attached URM to replace the current release. It should also work on any other RenPy game, but it's something specific to only Powers That Be.
Yep, that worked fine, thanks for the effort to track down what was wrong!!

nIghtF0x

Mar 29, 2021
I only have 2questions
1.) What do you know about the new update? " can the mod update too? "
2.)Does this mod unlock the gallery?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: __1994___

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I only have 2questions
1.) What do you know about the new update? " can the mod update too? "
2.)Does this mod unlock the gallery?
1) Mod author will have to answer that. But the mod works in the latest renpy games I've used it in, with only one exception.
2) No, it does not "unlock" anything.

capt21

Aug 30, 2020
Fantastic program ....sorry for my bad english ... but i have a problem with one game "HStutor" the renaming only works with characters ... but nothing happen for the text ... even the character's names don't change in the text or maybe it's me,but i have no problem with all the other game i use your program ...maybe you can help me
Thank you and i hope you can solve my problem ...

capt21

Aug 30, 2020
Fantastic program ....sorry for my bad english ... but i have a problem with one game "HStutor" the renaming only works with characters ... but nothing happen for the text ... even the character's names don't change in the text or maybe it's me,but i have no problem with all the other game i use your program ...maybe you can help me
Thank you and i hope you can solve my problem ...
Forget this i just find why .... a patch lol

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 1.1 is here

This release adds "wildcard search", as requested in this post (by Weasel_Face), and more!
Here are the full release notes:
  • Added wildcard search (you'll have to enable it in the search options)
    • * : Will match any character
    • ? : Matches any single character
    • Examples:
      • 0x52 will only match exactly 0x52
      • *0x52* will also match Hi, I'm 0x52! Who are you?
      • 0*52 will match 0x52, 0xxx52 and 052
      • 0?52 will match 0x52, but will NOT match 0xxx52 or 052
  • Added search options quick toggles (at the right top of the search tab)
  • Improved UI scaling (The URM interface now scales correctly on different resolution games)
  • Added explanation for all search options
  • Added option to rename remembered variables
  • Now remembering selected tab and searchtype after closing the game
  • Fixed: Crash when searching through numeric dict keys
And a screenshot:
1618742279511.png

Drak41

Jul 6, 2019
any chance you can add a Remember All button instead of clicking Remember for each and every variable ?, thanks either way it's a great addition to my playing (y)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes