Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

GameRebel

Mar 29, 2020
Fan signature (updated 2021-03-07)
View attachment 1072245
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Examples

URM files
You can put these files in you "game" directory and load them through the mod.
If you have an URM file, feel free to post is here, so I can add it to this list.
  • Being a DIK (Options: Money, scores, brawler points, brawler HP, play any gallery scene (in 0.4))
  • The DeLuca Family (Options: Modify stats)
Excellent work big guy! Works like a charm. Used in The Deluca Family game. While in laptop on bed, searched "Money" in variables and boom, from $100 to $1,000,000

Reactions: 0x52

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
I tried use this mod in game Suspicious but I have this error when i try run game with this mod.
Any ideas if there is anything you can do to make the mod work, because the grind in this game is a bit scary?
I rebuilt Suspicious compressed version using ren'py 7.3.5 and it compatible 0x52urm.rpa.
You can download from here:
Do take note that save file is not compatible. Future update version will require rebuilt it with ren'py 7.3.5.
Also it not bug free since it not tested. Else will recommend you use to edit your save game or you can test it with 0x52urm.rpa it might work.
Hi Mario4don, I rebuilt Suspicious again with 6.99.14 and tested. This time both urm and save is working.
It better for you to use this version and you can bring your save to the current built or future update version.
Here the link:
Do take note I personally never play that game so even this built might contain unforeseen bug, use as your own risk.
Thank 0x52 for confirming is always work on 6.99.14 which give me the ideal for using to test it.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Error in game PowersThatBe-v0.4.0-pc
They've modified the Ren'Py code that responsible for loading .RPA files.

You can try this one (but it's an older URM version):
Luckily for you. I do like a challenge. The attached version of URM works on Powers That Be.

I have to think about if I want the attached URM to replace the current release. It should also work on any other RenPy game, but it's something specific to only Powers That Be.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, Just started using this Mod, It Works great. (y)
My goal is a Mod that turns an ENGRISH Game into an ENGLISH Game. :ROFLMAO:
I am working on a Mod Called Skynet 2029. It turns your laptop into a ruthless killing Machine :unsure: Maybe I'll hold off on that one. :ROFLMAO:
Much success 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

badsquirrel

Aug 26, 2019
Hey 0x52. I just began dipping my toes into this mod. It's brilliant work and I can see from your posts here and the features in the mod that you've put a great deal of consideration into it. I've got the mod on a few games and so far, it's ridiculously smooth, just fiddling the variables to achieve different scenes. IMO, it serves to further add value in customising the gameplay.
Anyway, just wanted to convey my appreciation for the effort you put into this truly universal mod.

Also leaving you with a couple of issues I ran into.

I encountered a hiccup with URM while playing City of Broken Dreamers v1.09. Not a big issue for me since I have save files, but I thought you might want to know anyway.
Issue description: After transition in chapter 2 - between labels 'ch2vichomechoose' & 'ch2before' - there's an exception error screen. This causes the game to end and return to main menu. More importantly, however, this happened after URM suddenly stopped opening when I click the 'Open URM' icon in the watchpanel (also Alt+M). That would toss up an error screen too. I wonder if I messed something up. I know this began after I did something (either added a label to remember or maybe change a value, I'm not sure). The markdown for the game crash and for the URM opening error is below, and I'm not entirely sure they're related.

Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing more features implemented. Already think the roadmap is looking nice (especially sorting and custom save location - great ideas).

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey 0x52. I just began dipping my toes into this mod. It's brilliant work and I can see from your posts here and the features in the mod that you've put a great deal of consideration into it. I've got the mod on a few games and so far, it's ridiculously smooth, just fiddling the variables to achieve different scenes. IMO, it serves to further add value in customising the gameplay.
Anyway, just wanted to convey my appreciation for the effort you put into this truly universal mod.

Also leaving you with a couple of issues I ran into.

I encountered a hiccup with URM while playing City of Broken Dreamers v1.09. Not a big issue for me since I have save files, but I thought you might want to know anyway.
Issue description: After transition in chapter 2 - between labels 'ch2vichomechoose' & 'ch2before' - there's an exception error screen. This causes the game to end and return to main menu. More importantly, however, this happened after URM suddenly stopped opening when I click the 'Open URM' icon in the watchpanel (also Alt+M). That would toss up an error screen too. I wonder if I messed something up. I know this began after I did something (either added a label to remember or maybe change a value, I'm not sure). The markdown for the game crash and for the URM opening error is below, and I'm not entirely sure they're related.

Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing more features implemented. Already think the roadmap is looking nice (especially sorting and custom save location - great ideas).
Thanks you for you kind words.

The first error is caused by the walkthrough mod. (the variable from the error in defined in the file 1NewCheatMod.rpy of the mod)
I'm not sure I understand when you get the second error? Do you only get it after getting the first?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
in certain games I press "a" for dejavu because I like it better and then the icons get messed up
I don't know how to work around this.
Only thing I can do it block users from changing the font.

badsquirrel

Aug 26, 2019
Thanks you for you kind words.
Not at all. It's only been a day since I came across it, but I've really enjoyed exploring URM.

The first error is caused by the walkthrough mod. (the variable from the error in defined in the file 1NewCheatMod.rpy of the mod)
Weird. I thought I could disable the scrappy mod before trying URM with CoBD by renaming the 1NewCheatMod.rpy file. Guess that's not the case?

I'm not sure I understand when you get the second error? Do you only get it after getting the first?
As I said, I'm not sure the 2 are related. I actually ran across this second error first several scenes before, when I tried clicking the "Open URM" button (from the watch panel) or pressing Alt+M. I had just fiddled with something in the watchpanel and I think added a label to be remembered (there was a + button involved) and then tried to open the URM main window. That's when this second error popped up. I could still use the watchpanel, just not go into the URM main.
After this, I decided to ignore it for the time being and carried on running through the scenes, which is when I stumbled upon the game error (which I illogically listed first in my previous post).

That was pretty verbose but I hope I'm able to provide more clarity than before.

Anyway, I'm trying out URM next on Starship Inanna. Certain titles and my recent discovery of URM have really piqued my curiosity and interest in Ren'py. Before now, I somehow had the impression that Ren'py was kind of a glorified slideshow tool (don't mean to be controversial) and I've only a passing familiarity with Python and was never very interested in it. Have to say, mind changed.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
0x52 Might there be a bug in the status flags and colors of the items on the right side of the search bar?
Here's what I'm seeing with all features in Red for RPOUW, and their hover text saying they're all disabled....
URM Enabled-Disabled Colors Reversed.png

But I searched for "linda" as you can see, and it's showing all the wildcard matches, yet the "W" is red and hover text says wildcard is disabled.
And if I click the W so it's green and it sys it's enabled, searching for linda returns nothing since no variable starts with, or is exactly, linda.

Or have I misunderstood how those work?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 Might there be a bug in the status flags and colors of the items on the right side of the search bar?
Here's what I'm seeing with all features in Red for RPOUW, and their hover text saying they're all disabled....
View attachment 1175696

But I searched for "linda" as you can see, and it's showing all the wildcard matches, yet the "W" is red and hover text says wildcard is disabled.
And if I click the W so it's green and it sys it's enabled, searching for linda returns nothing since no variable starts with, or is exactly, linda.

Or have I misunderstood how those work?
This is the expected behavior.
Without wildcard search it searches whatever contains linda. If you wanted the same result with wildcard search you would have to search for *linda*. (if you want everything that ends with linda you would search *linda)
In other words; wildcard search searches for exact matches, unless you use a wildcard of course.

Reactions: TheSidewinder
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes