Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes
Apr 1, 2018
Yo just a random suggestion can you lower the collapsed ">" thingy a little? cause when it's on the corner for some games sometimes it overlays on stuff on screen like money, energy, time of the day, etc. you know. I wish I could show you an example.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yo just a random suggestion can you lower the collapsed ">" thingy a little? cause when it's on the corner for some games sometimes it overlays on stuff on screen like money, energy, time of the day, etc. you know. I wish I could show you an example.
You know you can move it to the right?
1621536681584.png

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
We're at version 1.2
  • Added choices detection notification
    • This is a notification that pops up at the left or right top of the screen (depending on the chosen watchpanel position) when choices are detected. Giving you quick access to the choices options of URM
  • Added watchpanel toggle hotkey
    • Option to open/close the watchpanel by just pressing the M-key
  • Text replacement now (by default) only replaces full words (instead of also parts of words)
  • Now ignoring renpy.pause in choices code view
  • Fix: Rare URM loading issue (were files would load in an incorrect order)
Some screenshots:
1621708500391.png 1621708568305.png

Ya ik that too but when you have stuff on both left and right ._. it's pointless even if we move it to the left or right.
In this release you can choose to use the M-key to toggle the watchpanel and disable the button

Cool mod. Maybe this has been asked but is there a way to only change whole words through text replacement and not parts of words. For example replace the word stupid but not stupidly.
I've noticed this issue as well. 0x52 please consider this in any future update, it could negate having to reopen scripts in another editor for find/replace. Thanks and regards.
Added this feature

why the mod not working with four elements trainer?
Should work fine now

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
0x52, a request to add to the list somewhere down the line: is it possible to sort the search results in a logical order (say, alphabetically) instead of random? It'd be especially useful when using the wildcards. Regards.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52, a request to add to the list somewhere down the line: is it possible to sort the search results in a logical order (say, alphabetically) instead of random? It'd be especially useful when using the wildcards. Regards.
It's on the roadmap. Also see this recent post about this:
I don't know when I'm going to add the option to sort. I'm not even yet sure how I'm going to implement this.
It will not be in the next release, but I'll try to add this for the release after it, because this is the oldest open item on my todo list for URM.

Apr 1, 2018
We're at version 1.2
  • Added choices detection notification
    • This is a notification that pops up at the left or right top of the screen (depending on the chosen watchpanel position) when choices are detected. Giving you quick access to the choices options of URM
  • Added watchpanel toggle hotkey
    • Option to open/close the watchpanel by just pressing the M-key
  • Text replacement now (by default) only replaces full words (instead of also parts of words)
  • Now ignoring renpy.pause in choices code view
  • Fix: Rare URM loading issue (were files would load in an incorrect order)
Some screenshots:
View attachment 1207173 View attachment 1207174

In this release you can choose to use the M-key to toggle the watchpanel and disable the button

Added this feature

Should work fine now
ty very much wasn't expecting this to be on the update.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
0x52 I found an odd bug. If the "X Choices" screen has too many choices to fit on one screen, there's no scrollbar to see choices below the last one shown. In the game Lunar's Chosen when visiting Amy in the gym, I have 33 choices. All but 4 (5?) of them are hidden, but the 5 that aren't, are below the list shown on-screen when I open it.

Guess that list needs a scroll bar, lol.

choices-overflow.png

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52 I found an odd bug. If the "X Choices" screen has too many choices to fit on one screen, there's no scrollbar to see choices below the last one shown. In the game Lunar's Chosen when visiting Amy in the gym, I have 33 choices. All but 4 (5?) of them are hidden, but the 5 that aren't, are below the list shown on-screen when I open it.

Guess that list needs a scroll bar, lol.

View attachment 1218439
thats not a "bug"
aaand - those choices - you can look at em but thats all , theres no point to alter them
those choices section is (i think) for choices like "wanna cum in or outside" for example
at games where you get relationship points etc

Download (4).png

the point is - the choice has to be visible" true"

Download.png

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
thats not a "bug"
aaand - those choices - you can look at em but thats all , theres no point to alter them
those choices section is (i think) for choices like "wanna cum in or outside" for example
at games where you get relationship points etc

View attachment 1218445

the point is - the choice has to be visible" true"

View attachment 1218448
I'm aware that the choice has to be visible as True in order to be selected, but that's not the point.
The point is that a list which is too long to fit the page, regardless if any of them which are visible can be chosen, cannot be scrolled. And that most certainly is a bug.

0x52 will sort it.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I'm aware that the choice has to be visible as True in order to be selected, but that's not the point.
The point is that a list which is too long to fit the page, regardless if any of them which are visible can be chosen, cannot be scrolled. And that most certainly is a bug.

0x52 will sort it.
a not implemented option is NOT a bug ....
and - my 2 cents - you will not see a game where like 33 choices are given at a scene who matter
at your case , its like all choices over the whole game are shown - but you cant do anything with
(well you can replay scenes from this game if you select random ones ,but it will break your game state - tested just now)

Observer1895

Aug 14, 2019
Hello 0X52! I am always very excited about your mod. A really great help for exploring the stories. However, an unexpected behaviour has appeared on my system.
When searching for values, the mod slows down dramatically. After about a minute, a result is displayed but the processing of the values is again very slow. Is it just me or am I doing something wrong? When searching for names, the behaviour is normal, only the values cause problems. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this?

Drak41

Jul 6, 2019
Hello 0X52! I am always very excited about your mod. A really great help for exploring the stories. However, an unexpected behaviour has appeared on my system.
When searching for values, the mod slows down dramatically. After about a minute, a result is displayed but the processing of the values is again very slow. Is it just me or am I doing something wrong? When searching for names, the behaviour is normal, only the values cause problems. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this?
can you give a sample of what your doing?
I have this issue but only when searching for a value like 0 or a really common value, I think the issue is the program is finding a lot of values that match what your looking for but a sample would help to narrow it down and the name of the game would help as well.

Observer1895

Aug 14, 2019
can you give a sample of what your doing?
I have this issue but only when searching for a value like 0 or a really common value, I think the issue is the program is finding a lot of values that match what your looking for but a sample would help to narrow it down and the name of the game would help as well.
I occasionally look for shortcuts to avoid going through the whole game again. Reaching the new content and finding the necessary "switches" is then mostly a search for "trues and false". That's right it can be a lot of results! Of course, this also applies to small numbers, e.g. if I had a 1 at the beginning and then search for a 2. I would not have thought that the number of hits would keep the system so busy.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes