Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Drak41

Jul 6, 2019
I occasionally look for shortcuts to avoid going through the whole game again. Reaching the new content and finding the necessary "switches" is then mostly a search for "trues and false". That's right it can be a lot of results! Of course, this also applies to small numbers, e.g. if I had a 1 at the beginning and then search for a 2. I would not have thought that the number of hits would keep the system so busy.
which game? I can check and see if I have the same issue

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello 0X52! I am always very excited about your mod. A really great help for exploring the stories. However, an unexpected behaviour has appeared on my system.
When searching for values, the mod slows down dramatically. After about a minute, a result is displayed but the processing of the values is again very slow. Is it just me or am I doing something wrong? When searching for names, the behaviour is normal, only the values cause problems. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this?
can you give a sample of what your doing?
I have this issue but only when searching for a value like 0 or a really common value, I think the issue is the program is finding a lot of values that match what your looking for but a sample would help to narrow it down and the name of the game would help as well.
I'm aware that URM is slow when it's displaying a lot of results.
I have plans on improving the performance when displaying a lot of results.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 I found an odd bug. If the "X Choices" screen has too many choices to fit on one screen, there's no scrollbar to see choices below the last one shown. In the game Lunar's Chosen when visiting Amy in the gym, I have 33 choices. All but 4 (5?) of them are hidden, but the 5 that aren't, are below the list shown on-screen when I open it.

Guess that list needs a scroll bar, lol.

View attachment 1218439
A couple of days ago I was wondering if I implemented a scrollbar in this dialog. Your post answers my question :D
Will add this in the next release.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Observer1895

Aug 14, 2019
I'm aware that URM is slow when it's displaying a lot of results.
I have plans on improving the performance when displaying a lot of results.
Good to know that it is not a bug, but can be improved through clever resource management. I look forward to the next version - good work and thank you.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
So can you tell me how can I make my own urm files
To be clear, you don't need an URM file to use this mod. But you can save everything you've found using this mod to an URM file.

For example, if you just want to change some variables, you can use the mod to search for them.
In this post are 2 examples how you can search variables and save labels/scenes.

Or if you just want to be able to get more information about choices in the game you don't need anything. The mod by default will give you extra information and options about choices.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
I got some errors with GirlHouse game it has been completed anyway but maybe this is useful for you

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I got some errors with GirlHouse game it has been completed anyway but maybe this is useful for you
like mentioned at the mod file i made
deactivate choices notification
and maybe close the mod , open only if needed
the crash happens if you change location right?
for some weird reason the location change is written as choice in game code

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
like mentioned at the mod file i made
deactivate choices notification
and maybe close the mod , open only if needed
the crash happens if you change location right?
for some weird reason the location change is written as choice in game code
Sorry I didn't see that I was using it on my own and yes when you change location also when you talk to Vanessa at the pool and choose nothing

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Sorry I didn't see that I was using it on my own and yes when you change location also when you talk to Vanessa at the pool and choose nothing
no need to be sorry - you right , not everyone uses premade files , my bad :(
here to help ;)

Reactions: vimey

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
cant figure out what im doing wrong try to follow the video BUT whats shown in video is NOT whats shown in game for me
when i click the little box open urm says do i wanna end the current reply?no other options so...?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
cant figure out what im doing wrong try to follow the video BUT whats shown in video is NOT whats shown in game for me
when i click the little box open urm says do i wanna end the current reply?no other options so...?
you started a the replay mode (upper left corner)?

Download.png
go to the game menu choose end replay
should be good again

Reactions: str8up
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes