Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I not a programmer so I not sure if I get my meaning across, did a small research and I think what I want is for the detection of "if" so we can choose which route to go even we don't meet the requirement. Not sure if you get what I mean.
There is no standard way of doing this. Every game implements their routes differently
0x52 I noticed something else but this is maybe because I have an old laptop when I search for a variable and I got too much variables it becomes very slow
As Boehser Onkel said. This is a known issue. I will address this in a future release

Victorius Astral

Astral Lust Developer
Game Developer
Jan 10, 2021
Seem that I broke this in URM 1.2. I'll look for a solutions, thanks for reporting.

I don't know what you mean by that

You mean you want URM to auto select choices for a specific path you want? That would be very game specific
I have my game's documentation online, also my game has official modding support integrated for modders there is script enabling dev tools, console, and the stuff. It can be downloaded from my docs in .zip archive. So I ask if I can add your mod to that archive for modders. With credit of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I have my game's documentation online, also my game has official modding support integrated for modders there is script enabling dev tools, console, and the stuff. It can be downloaded from my docs in .zip archive. So I ask if I can add your mod to that archive for modders. With credit of course.
Sure. No problem

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
....[snip]....
open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file
I'm looping in 0x52 on this, since one or two other games have (or at least had) this same issue. I know the dev has fixed one game at least, I used their fixed file. But.....

Alt-M just isn't working in this game for me, and hasn't for a long time, I've tried to use URM with it before. I'm using the PC version of the game, if that matters? What version are you using, Boehser?

Not sure why this won't work... dev console and debug console work fine after using Unren option 3, and I can edit system variables using that if I have to (though it's a pain in the ass).

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I'm looping in 0x52 on this, since one or two other games have (or at least had) this same issue. I know the dev has fixed one game at least, I used their fixed file. But.....

Alt-M just isn't working in this game for me, and hasn't for a long time, I've tried to use URM with it before. I'm using the PC version of the game, if that matters? What version are you using, Boehser?

Not sure why this won't work... dev console and debug console work fine after using Unren option 3, and I can edit system variables using that if I have to (though it's a pain in the ass).
using pc version of the game
downloaded today again
and 0x52_URM latest version (from22.05.)
try to delete the persistent save files on both locations?
may help sometimes
*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\xxxxxx

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I deleted both copies of my persistent save file and downloaded latest URM again.

But it didn't fix the issue, Alt-M just doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I deleted both copies of my persistent save file and downloaded latest URM again.

But it didn't fix the issue, Alt-M just doesn't do anything.
Does it make a difference if you start a new game or just load a saved game?

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Does it make a difference if you start a new game or just load a saved game?
Oh, that's interesting. Yes, if I start a new game then Alt-M works fine. How odd.

Well, given that I've finished the game now, I guess this is a non-issue for me.

But would you like one of my existing saves where it won't work, to see why? (Just as academic exercise, lol.)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Oh, that's interesting. Yes, if I start a new game then Alt-M works fine. How odd.

Well, given that I've finished the game now, I guess this is a non-issue for me.

But would you like one of my existing saves where it won't work, to see why? (Just as academic exercise, lol.)
Yes, please :)

(URM has some code to prevent this kind of thing, but somehow this game is an exception?!)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes