Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
This is the expected behavior.
Without wildcard search it searches whatever contains linda. If you wanted the same result with wildcard search you would have to search for *linda*. (if you want everything that ends with linda you would search *linda)
In other words; wildcard search searches for exact matches, unless you use a wildcard of course.
Hmm... ok. Wildcard aside though, I guess I'm still confused about the other features on that bar. Their actions seem backwards, too. But I'll play with them a bit (I just started using them recently) and see if that resolves my confusion, lol.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Cool mod. Maybe this has been asked but is there a way to only change whole words through text replacement and not parts of words. For example replace the word stupid but not stupidly.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Cool mod. Maybe this has been asked but is there a way to only change whole words through text replacement and not parts of words. For example replace the word stupid but not stupidly.
I've noticed this issue as well. 0x52 please consider this in any future update, it could negate having to reopen scripts in another editor for find/replace. Thanks and regards.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've noticed this issue as well. 0x52 please consider this in any future update, it could negate having to reopen scripts in another editor for find/replace. Thanks and regards.
I will fix this in the next release.
Good to know people are using this feature :)

I usually fix that problem by adding spaces before or after words
That might work in a lot of cases, but there are also a lot of cases were it wouldn't work.
A couple of examples:
  • End of a sentence: word. is ignored because of the period
  • Word would be ignore in the beginning or end of a line (because there's no space at the beginning and the end)
  • Begin or end of a text between parentheses
  • etc.
I will make a (hopefully) reliable implementation :giggle:

Apr 1, 2018
Holy shit brother I like your work also I wish there was a discord for this so people like me can get a little more help on the confusing bits. But still great work

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Holy shit brother I like your work also I wish there was a discord for this so people like me can get a little more help on the confusing bits. But still great work
I have a Discord, it's for Patrons only. But I've been thinking about making it public.
If I make it public I will add it to my signature. If you cannot wait, my cheapest tier is just €1 / $1,5 ;)

Apr 1, 2018
I would suggest one thing tho can you um add one of those vertical line thingy on the search bar? cause it get's hard to remember where it's typing sometimes I think I'm typing at the end but it's in the middle you know what I mean... it only shows a small gap to indicate where the line is and even if you can't add that anything to make it easier would be great. this.PNG
2016-12_caret.jpg

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I would suggest one thing tho can you um add one of those vertical line thingy on the search bar? cause it get's hard to remember where it's typing sometimes I think I'm typing at the end but it's in the middle you know what I mean... it only shows a small gap to indicate where the line is and even if you can't add that anything to make it easier would be great. View attachment 1191337
View attachment 1191326
Interesting. There should be such a cursor:
1620844493078.png

But I guess this could make more sense:
1620844713706.png
Since I'm using this background for inputs in all other places.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Yikes, to think this already existed even before I started playing VN's :eek:
Could have saved me soooo much fiddling :love:

Thank you for your kind words.

Sorting variables isn't possible yet, but it's on my todo list.
0x52 Was about to ask the same but found it already asked before. Any idea when it'll get into a release?

Also, would it be possible to reduce the height of each 'watched variable' section? e.g. placing buttons and (number) value on the same line?
would help in reducing the need to scroll in the side panel

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yikes, to think this already existed even before I started playing VN's :eek:
Could have saved me soooo much fiddling :love:

0x52 Was about to ask the same but found it already asked before. Any idea when it'll get into a release?

Also, would it be possible to reduce the height of each 'watched variable' section? e.g. placing buttons and (number) value on the same line?
would help in reducing the need to scroll in the side panel
Thank you for your feedback.

I don't know when I'm going to add the option to sort. I'm not even yet sure how I'm going to implement this.
It will not be in the next release, but I'll try to add this for the release after it, because this is the oldest open item on my todo list for URM.

I have an idea how I can reduce the height of the items in the watchpanel. I'll let you know when it's added.

Reactions: TheSidewinder
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes