Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Well I have put the 0x52_URM.rpa file in game folder. Now how to run the mod?
Press Alt+M

If you just installed URM it will give a message when you load a saved game. If it doesn't, please check your log.txt file for any lines starting with "0x52:". If there are none, the .rpa file is in the wrong folder.

Reactions: DarkLoki

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Tha
Press Alt+M

If you just installed URM it will give a message when you load a saved game. If it doesn't, please check your log.txt file for any lines starting with "0x52:". If there are none, the .rpa file is in the wrong folder.
Got it now so want to know how to work with it getting manly tabs there like variables renaming and search.

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
It is possible to add sorting function in watch panel.

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
any chance you can add a Remember All button instead of clicking Remember for each and every variable ?, thanks either way it's a great addition to my playing (y)
I'm not sure about this. I'll think about it.

It is possible to add sorting function in watch panel.
A sorting option is already on my to-do list, but not in relation to the watchpanel. I'll add that to my list.

blo_R_M

Apr 20, 2021
Hello I'm looking for mods for the games
(If any exist). I looked in the Mods 0x52 category but there are no mods there for the games Ren'Py game listed that actually add extra content ( money ). :(

Ren'Py game Harem Hotel
1.jpg

Ren'Py game Milfy City
2.jpg

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: blo_R_M

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello I'm looking for mods for the games
(If any exist). I looked in the Mods 0x52 category but there are no mods there for the games Ren'Py game listed that actually add extra content ( money ). :(

Ren'Py game Harem Hotel
View attachment 1153553

Ren'Py game Milfy City
View attachment 1153555
With URM you can easily change you money in Milfy City like this:
  1. Open URM (Alt+M)
  2. Search for variable name "money"
  3. You'll find "inventory.money" and can change it to whatever you like
1618988070984.png

Reactions: blo_R_M

jakiro

Jun 16, 2019
Hi 0x52 , I have a suggestion:
- Could you add a feature to add new Dialog / text? (basically like adding a new row in script.rpy)
1618990579729.png

I think this would be an amazing feature, thanks !

Techstar

Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
- Could you add a feature to add new Dialog / text? (basically like adding a new row in script.rpy)
View attachment 1154257

This is a mod to cheat not a script editor. Also some game script is inside archive .rpa and you won’t be able to write to it. Basically you can just use any note editor to do it just like your screenshot.

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
View attachment 1154257

I think it might be possible to make this, but it will be very, very difficult.
And I don't see much use for it. If someone can convince this is a useful feature I will look into it :)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Í know absolutely nothing but love the tool sooo much!

Thank you!!

• Love
Reactions: 0x52
Oct 4, 2020
sorry for my English
I use your mod a lot and have recommended it to all my people
if you could ... a good idea would be this
having the mod minimized on one side
every time decisions appear ..
the mod that indicates the options to choose appears automatically and once the decision has been made by means of the mod it automatically hides again
I do not know if I explained well

greetings and good job

ahh and of course having the option to activate it or not in case someone does not want it

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I tried use this mod in game Suspicious but I have this error when i try run game with this mod.
Any ideas if there is anything you can do to make the mod work, because the grind in this game is a bit scary?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 16, in <module>
  File "game/0x52/framework/loader.rpy", line 25, in load_file
Exception: 0x52: Failed to load mod file (0x52/screens/main.rpy.x52): [u'File "0x52/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 44: u\'tooltip\' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the textbutton statement.\n    textbutton "\\uf128" style_suffix "icon_button" tooltip "About URM" action ToggleScreen(\'URM_about\')\n                                                          ^']

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 6, in script
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Suspicious\Suspicious-0.22-pc\Suspicious-0.22-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Suspicious\Suspicious-0.22-pc\Suspicious-0.22-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
Exception: 0x52: Failed to load mod file (0x52/screens/main.rpy.x52): [u'File "0x52/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 44: u\'tooltip\' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the textbutton statement.\n    textbutton "\\uf128" style_suffix "icon_button" tooltip "About URM" action ToggleScreen(\'URM_about\')\n                                                          ^']

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919

Drak41

Jul 6, 2019
I tried use this mod in game Suspicious but I have this error when i try run game with this mod.
Any ideas if there is anything you can do to make the mod work, because the grind in this game is a bit scary?

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Suspicious\Suspicious-0.22-pc\Suspicious-0.22-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Suspicious\Suspicious-0.22-pc\Suspicious-0.22-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
The Ren'Py version is too old I believe it needs to be at least version 7

Techstar

Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
I rebuilt Suspicious compressed version using ren'py 7.3.5 and it compatible 0x52urm.rpa.
You can download from here:
Do take note that save file is not compatible. Future update version will require rebuilt it with ren'py 7.3.5.
Also it not bug free since it not tested. Else will recommend you use to edit your save game or you can test it with 0x52urm.rpa it might work.
screenshot0001.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mario4don and 0x52

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Let's say i want to build my own gallery mod. Do i have to play through the respective game for the corresponding scene to get the corresponding triggers displayed, or does the mod find this out on its own?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
sorry for my English
I use your mod a lot and have recommended it to all my people
if you could ... a good idea would be this
having the mod minimized on one side
every time decisions appear ..
the mod that indicates the options to choose appears automatically and once the decision has been made by means of the mod it automatically hides again
I do not know if I explained well

greetings and good job

ahh and of course having the option to activate it or not in case someone does not want it
I have some plans on improving this. Might be in the next update.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
The Ren'Py version used seems to be to old (as mentioned by Drak41 and Techstar).
Previously URM was compatible with 6.99.11 and newer. It seems that it changed at some point. I will change this in de OP and make the next release of URM check if the Ren'Py version is at least 6.99.14 before loading.
(I always test every release on 6.99.14)

Let's say i want to build my own gallery mod. Do i have to play through the respective game for the corresponding scene to get the corresponding triggers displayed, or does the mod find this out on its own?
While playing through a game you could save any label you encounter and want to be able to replay. You could also search for labels by name, but that could of course be difficult. Depending on how clear the label names are.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes