Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

2dark2

Oct 22, 2017
Is it possible to change the interface of the URM itself with the latest update (most interested in transparency)?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/never-meet-your-heroes-final-itk.164714/page-5
*it´s scriptversion(6, 99, 8) btw - works like a charm except this little issue

testing with other games today

edit : tested around 15 other games - all good
must be the renpyversion , would be good to know wich the other game was
for me it was master of the earth reborn
https://f95zone.to/threads/master-of-the-earth-reborn-r-v1-0-indianatk.56201/

i just tried it on another game it seemed to work fine i will keep you posted if i run into it again
So... those games are related. Boehser Onkel already found the issue. It seems like they're using a very old "scriptversion" to support .mpg movies I think!?

Easy fix:
Edit the "game/script_version.txt" file and change the content from "(6, 99, 8)" to "(6, 99, 14)".
I'm not going to guarantee it will work perfectly, but it should be fine.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
So... those games are related. Boehser Onkel already found the issue. It seems like they're using a very old "scriptversion" to support .mpg movies I think!?

Easy fix:
Edit the "game/script_version.txt" file and change the content from "(6, 99, 8)" to "(6, 99, 14)".
I'm not going to guarantee it will work perfectly, but it should be fine.
voodoo magic :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey there, I tried this mod in The arson betrayal and it is giving me an error whenever I enable Textboxes.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/0x52/classes/textrepl.rpy", line 143, in _m1_textrepl__sayFilter
  File "game/0x52/classes/textbox.rpy", line 223, in _m1_textbox__sayReplace
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'image_tag'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "z_scripts/01ACT.rpyc", line 61, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1368, in say
    args, kwargs = renpy.config.say_arguments_callback(who, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/0x52/classes/textrepl.rpy", line 143, in _m1_textrepl__sayFilter
  File "game/0x52/classes/textbox.rpy", line 223, in _m1_textbox__sayReplace
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'image_tag'

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
The Arson Betrayal 0.6.4
Sun Jun 25 23:43:03 2023
I get this error whenever there is extend in the script. for example

hazun2 "What about the body?"
hazun "We follow our orders."
extend " Dump him in the bay."
Thanks. Should be fixed in the next update (expect it somewhere this week, maybe even tomorrow ;)).

Is it possible to change the interface of the URM itself with the latest update (most interested in transparency)?
I'm planning on updating the design. Adjustable transparency is on my list.

haremwincest

Mar 11, 2023
Thanks. Should be fixed in the next update (expect it somewhere this week, maybe even tomorrow ;)).

I'm planning on updating the design. Adjustable transparency is on my list.
Thanks man. May i request you for more features?

1) let's say I'm not monitoring anything. Now, If i choose an option which increases points of a variable, this mod flashes it at the left top for a few seconds or until I click and go to the next scene.

For example, choosing 'go with Alice' gives me +1 alicepoints. So, after choosing this option the mod shows a notification at the top 'alicepoints +1' until i right click and go to the next scene.

2) If monitoring is really required please try to implement like how it's in the above. As things are right now the notification says 'Variable changed alicepoints' and it stays there until I click on the notification and close it.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 Boehser Onkel theMickey_ I got this error when I wanted to enable textbox. No error before that though. In the game maids and maidens.

Edit : when i disable the image there is no error. This textbox thing is really cool. I can change the text border colour anything helps with many games where the texts are blurry... Thank you 0x52
Thanks. Will be fixed in the next update

Thanks man. May i request you for more features?

1) let's say I'm not monitoring anything. Now, If i choose an option which increases points of a variable, this mod flashes it at the left top for a few seconds or until I click and go to the next scene.

For example, choosing 'go with Alice' gives me +1 alicepoints. So, after choosing this option the mod shows a notification at the top 'alicepoints +1' until i right click and go to the next scene.

2) If monitoring is really required please try to implement like how it's in the above. As things are right now the notification says 'Variable changed alicepoints' and it stays there until I click on the notification and close it.
So you're saying you want a variable change to block you from proceeding?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mister Player

haremwincest

Mar 11, 2023
So you're saying you want a variable change to block you from proceeding?
No. I just want a notification that a variable value has increased, decreased or changed. For example

"alicepoints +1" at the top left corner whenever I choose an option which changed that value.
screenshot0001.png
Here, i chose the option which gives me +1 points for Naomi so I got this notification. This disappears in a few seconds.

You could similarly make it stay for a few seconds in your mod or let it be there until i left click in the game to go to the next scene.

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Newest install from the game and from the mod dint change anthing URM shows false for Minami and sasha treesome
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
now take are look ther Alredy passed that event that shows false in the frist screenshot

Reactions: kidderyao

Mister Player

May 9, 2023
Thanks. Will be fixed in the next update
When you are at it fix this as well if possible. Error occurs in the game unleashed, whenever I enable textbox (of mod) and there is a mc dialogue. I tried disabling image but the error persists. So, I am playing without customised textbox :WutFace: (which I donot like, after experiencing such cool textbox. I got used to it). Anyway, good luck with your work/update.

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
so you show it in L&S ? good work debug
You should not install URM on L&S it blocks some events to trigger and as you can see it shows for are event that i alredy trigered false, look for the event Have are Threesome with Sasha and Minami on my screenshot it says passed URM Says Condion not passed

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
You should not install URM on L&S it blocks some events to trigger and as you can see it shows for are event that i alredy trigered false, look for the event Have are Threesome with Sasha and Minami on my screenshot it says passed URM Says Condion not passed
dont spread false information dude

URM cant block anything from trigger , because it only READ the files/var´s
if you change some things THEN its possible - but not the mod tool itself

master861

Nov 4, 2022
I dint change anthing its are fresh install of urm i only excratet the zip archive to get the *.rpa and copyed to the game folder nothing more.
If you say me what i can change that it block this?Then i change it.
On the spoiler is the log of fresh install of urm
Now all 4 girls at home:
screenshot0008.png
screenshot0009.png
so now what i dit change in the settings of URM that he shows false for the threesome with Sasha and Minami bzw Bree and Minami?
I dont touch the settings of urm.
her on the screen you can see that i succes all threesome events with Minami at home:
screenshot0010.png
now my question is why URM shows ther false?
screenshot0006.png
Ther is only one event with Minami and sasha and that event is alredy finished.BUt URM says on the screen Visibillity condition
"threesome_minami_sasha" in DONE false
her URM says false to:
screenshot0011.png
But sasha has 100% kink points and has sex slave standing on her profile and i dint command her to change my name back to my orginal name.
She should say master to me because she is are sex slave you can only change that if you command her to change that.
And i dint change again anthing at the settings of urm that is 100% fresh install from URM homepage not from f95zone the urm

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i playing Patreon: 23.5.0g that version and yes i am 100% sure its not from the base game because on 23.5.0 with out the g and the older version that event with anna triggers fine.And after i dit deinstall URM on the new version the event triggers fine to try to trigger it with this save and the newest URM installed.
but you need version 23.5.0g of the game not 23.5.0
no i dint change anything the event triggers fine at 55 date score with out URM with URM it not triggers at 70% date score View attachment 2725438
on the new version with newest URM
same scene with out URM:
View attachment 2725439
and what exactly is the problem there?
what does not trigger?

Last edited:

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
Hi!
This has been going on with an unwanted recurrence for some time now.
It oscillates from game, or version of it. Not in all games. Reinforcement.

Let's see,
After updating the URM already installed and active, the script is reloaded and the game closes. Ok with that.
However, when reopening this notification comes and again when clicking the game crashes, entering a loop, until finally, the existing URM is deleted and install again, the recommended version (always the most current).

I wonder if this can be circumvented (this re-exercise) in another way or if it could not enable a manual closing of this displayed notification. Or that the notification itself closes itself, after the auto update.

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
No. I just want a notification that a variable value has increased, decreased or changed. For example

"alicepoints +1" at the top left corner whenever I choose an option which changed that value.
View attachment 2726611
Here, i chose the option which gives me +1 points for Naomi so I got this notification. This disappears in a few seconds.

You could similarly make it stay for a few seconds in your mod or let it be there until i right click in the game to go to the next scene.
Okay. Got what you mean. I've noted it.

When you are at it fix this as well if possible. Error occurs in the game unleashed, whenever I enable textbox (of mod) and there is a mc dialogue. I tried disabling image but the error persists. So, I am playing without customised textbox :WutFace: (which I donot like, after experiencing such cool textbox. I got used to it). Anyway, good luck with your work/update.
Will also be fixed (as it's related to your previous issue).

Hi!
This has been going on with an unwanted recurrence for some time now.
It oscillates from game, or version of it. Not in all games. Reinforcement.

Let's see,
After updating the URM already installed and active, the script is reloaded and the game closes. Ok with that.
However, when reopening this notification comes and again when clicking the game crashes, entering a loop, until finally, the existing URM is deleted and install again, the recommended version (always the most current).

I wonder if this can be circumvented (this re-exercise) in another way or if it could not enable a manual closing of this displayed notification. Or that the notification itself closes itself, after the auto update.
What game is showing this?

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes