Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
No I'm only using the URM.I change the values and when I try to save it, the error occurs.
Again: I tried it (changed values etc) and had no issues with saving/loading.
What variables are you changing, and to what value?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
error with game [VN] - [Ren'Py] - Alpha, Omega [v0.1] [EzyGames] | F95zone

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
URM doesn't support Ren'Py 8 yet, but I'm hoping to have this ready ASAP.
Has already been answered a couple of times: URM does not (yet) support Ren'Py version 8, as this version is for "testing purpose" only and not meant for releases.
Seem that v8 got a stable release already :censored:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've just published URM 1.9.4 in the bèta channel.
You can , using the attachment to this post, or through URM (you might needs to switch to the bèta channels in URM under Options > Updates).

This version should be fully Ren'Py 8 compatible.
This was a bigger challenge than I anticipated, but everything seem to be working now and we're still backwards compatible with Ren'Py 6.99.14

Users who were trying URM on Ren'Py 8:

This release also contains some more potentials fixes for the rare saving issue.
Users who reported this issue:

Please let me know if this version works for you.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
You can , using the attachment to this post, or through URM (you might needs to switch to the bèta channels in URM under Options > Updates).

This was a bigger challenge than I anticipated, but everything seem to be working now and we're still backwards compatible with Ren'Py 6.99.14

This release also contains some more potentials fixes for the rare saving issue.

true hero

• Love
Reactions: 0x52

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021

I just tried the updated file and it worked for great for "motherless_second_season-0.15.3.0-pc"....The previous version of 0x52 caused an error and would not load the game. Thanks for all your effort with this great utility. For me 0x52 is the best choice whenever Renpy games don't available walk throughs. Thanks again.

Reactions: 0x52

URMfollower22

Jun 5, 2022
Like some, I got
with
https://f95zone.to/threads/motherless-v0-15-3-1-mr-mister.48369/

Using the above fix, I now get

After testing, removing
https://f95zone.to/threads/save-game-description-1-3-4-mattock.88350/
works. Compatibility with another mod isn't your problem, I know. You might be interested to know that the renaming mod used to work with URM until 1.9.4 Beta.

If it's an easy fix, great. If not, oh well. I can live without renaming.

EDIT = And use URM with care. I hate it when games use "milk" instead of "cum" so, I did a renaming... which was fine... until the MC of Motherless asked for a "nice cold glass of chocolate cum" and I spat a mouthful of my coffee all over my keyboard... a cautionary tale, folks... a cautionary tale...

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Like some, I got
with
https://f95zone.to/threads/motherless-v0-15-3-1-mr-mister.48369/

Using the above fix, I now get

After testing, removing
https://f95zone.to/threads/save-game-description-1-3-4-mattock.88350/
works. Compatibility with another mod isn't your problem, I know. You might be interested to know that the renaming mod used to work with URM until 1.9.4 Beta.

If it's an easy fix, great. If not, oh well. I can live without renaming.
It's the other mod isn't compatible with Ren'Py 8. (it tries using buffer, which isn't available anymore)
Also, what does that mod offer that URM doesn't?

EDIT = And use URM with care. I hate it when games use "milk" instead of "cum" so, I did a renaming... which was fine... until the MC of Motherless asked for a "nice cold glass of chocolate cum" and I spat a mouthful of my coffee all over my keyboard... a cautionary tale, folks... a cautionary tale...
:LOL:

Reactions: URMfollower22

URMfollower22

Jun 5, 2022
Thank you for the help.
It's the other mod isn't compatible with Ren'Py 8. (it tries using buffer, which isn't available anymore)
Also, what does that mod offer that URM doesn't?
Save Game Names. It normally conflicts in about 1 Ren'Py game out of 10... so I'm used to it. Still, it's useful for "Did I accept the date the first time or no?" when doing another path.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
hello my friends
im sry for my absence , but the death of my father drove me really heavy out of the rails ...
im at a health institute ( idk if its the right description)
i hope to be back soon - mental healthy lol
so pls bear with me the last time i need
thanks and stay save all

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Okay, reporting back with another bug.

Dunno if it's Ren'Py related (it's an older version of Ren'Py but should be supported) or URM (v1.9.3) related:

In DMD Chapter 1 (v0.14.5) / Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218 the bug manifests as follows:

After you save a game with URM enabled and you scroll back (even one line), URM kind of "unloads", Alt+M doesn't work anymore and the Watchpanel dissappears. Scrolling back to where the save was originally doesn't bring URM back, only re-loading the save does. Loading the second save (that appears to have URM unloaded/disabled will still bring it back as well).

Included are save dumps and the saves themselves.
For some reason I cannot load your saves and I'm also unable to reproduce the described issue with other saves.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've just updated the roadmap in the OP. Last big roadmap update was here.

Those items were added to URM and removed from the roadmap:
  • Performance improvement with large search results
  • Show jump actions inside choices; so you can see if a choices sends you a specific label/scene
  • Support named saves in all games
  • Detect If-statements/paths; show and take paths determined by statements/variables
  • Auto-update; option that enables URM to update itself
These items I've just added:
  • Option to create variables (instead of just changing existing ones)
  • Textbox/dialogue customizer
  • Hotkeys for showing paths and choices
  • Notification when a watched variable changed
  • Option to pick an image for a saved label/replay
  • Improve watchpanel design (so it can show more items, adjustable transparency and maybe some super compact mode)
  • Custom exception handling (and probably an online report option)
  • Watchpanel presets
  • Variable groups

Jun 27, 2017
Hi 0x52. I don't know if this was stated beofore but games using renpy 8 are a no-no:

Clipboard01.jpg

Tried with different games and only got this error with renpy 8 version lower version work flawless.
Just removing the file makes the game work fine i again. This screenshot is fro Dweebgasm version 0.24 using
Ren'Py 8.0.0.22062402.

Hope that helps and thanks for this great mod.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Hi 0x52. I don't know if this was stated beofore but games using renpy 8 are a no-no:

View attachment 1957081

Tried with different games and only got this error with renpy 8 version lower version work flawless.
Just removing the file makes the game work fine i again. This screenshot is fro Dweebgasm version 0.24 using
Ren'Py 8.0.0.22062402.

Hope that helps and thanks for this great mod.
Looks like you are using an old version of URM

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes