Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Horker14

Feb 19, 2021
So i've tried it on Seeds of Chaos (steam version). Renamed a character and a few words, but when i press save "an exception has occured". I can't seem to keep my changes...

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
So i've tried it on Seeds of Chaos (steam version). Renamed a character and a few words, but when i press save "an exception has occured". I can't seem to keep my changes...
Do you mean that that the games crashes (with a grey screen)? If so, please provide the stacktrace.txt file.
If not, check the log.txt file to see if there are lines starting with "0x52:"

Horker14

Feb 19, 2021
Do you mean that that the games crashes (with a grey screen)? If so, please provide the stacktrace.txt file.
If not, check the log.txt file to see if there are lines starting with "0x52:"

Yes, with grey screen right when i save the changes.

Where do i get stacktrace.txt? I see only traceback.txt. Sorry if i can't be more helpful. I attached both anyway:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yes, with grey screen right when i save the changes.

Where do i get stacktrace.txt? I see only traceback.txt. Sorry if i can't be more helpful. I attached both anyway:
Sorry. I mean traceback.txt :censored:
Seems that they've assigned a character to the "os". This could potentially break Ren'Py itself.
Nevertheless... I will fix it in the next release of URM ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Horker14

Horker14

Feb 19, 2021
Sorry. I mean traceback.txt :censored:
Seems that they've assigned a character to the "os". This could potentially break Ren'Py itself.
You're the best.

Thanks for this neat mod btw. It's a gift to anyone who loves to self insert.

dxynxz

Jan 30, 2018
hi 0x52, thankyou so much, because your mod, that make my playing renpy game experience more easy and fun too, i know this not much but allow me to put your signature in my profile as a honor to you.

Reactions: 0x52 and CircaAD

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'm getting crash with last update on game load.
Just tested this game (fresh install, no mods) with URM 1.10.3 -- I do not get a crash when starting the game, and most URP features work. Renaming characters produces a crash though, so if you have used URM before and maybe saved some "rename" options, this might be the cause. I'm pretty sure 0x52 will look into why it's crashing ;-)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone figured out how to change MC skills for The Bite: Revenant? The coding is a mystery to me lol. All skill values that show up in console are at 0 which doesn't reflect the MC's stats during gameplay. Changing those values also doesn't seem to do anything noticeable. There must be somewhere else where it's stored.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello!
I'm getting crash with last update on game load.
Between two worlds
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Renpy 7.4.6
The issue is exactly like this one:

Anyone figured out how to change MC skills for The Bite: Revenant? The coding is a mystery to me lol. All skill values that show up in console are at 0 which doesn't reflect the MC's stats during gameplay. Changing those values also doesn't seem to do anything noticeable. There must be somewhere else where it's stored.
Did you try searching by value? See "value search" example in this post.

Reactions: nevermoreXX

CaptainMan

Sep 23, 2020
tried this on corrupted kingdoms and the name changing worked, but i couldnt get it to save both in the game and mod is that just how it is? like i saved and closed the game, but the changes i made get reverted. is there some save option im not seeing for this? (i changed the name in the variables also in the renaming section)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
tried this on corrupted kingdoms and the name changing worked, but i couldnt get it to save both in the game and mod is that just how it is? like i saved and closed the game, but the changes i made get reverted. is there some save option im not seeing for this? (i changed the name in the variables also in the renaming section)
Did you use the save icon in the right top of the screen? (not the Load/save tab, this is only for managing game saves. Not URM saves)

CaptainMan

Sep 23, 2020
Did you use the save icon in the right top of the screen? (not the Load/save tab, this is only for managing game saves. Not URM saves)
Yeah, although I can only get to them with the arrow keys they go away when I am not hovering the check for update button. (After some more time) the save options are clickable sometimes now

Apr 1, 2018
This is a minor issue but it's been bothering me from a lot updates back. Let's say you select "variable names" you type something in the search box and change your mind and click "values" what ever you wrote in the box stays as is but if you select "labels/scenes" (Which is really the more common change cause people go from variable to labels) the box clears it self... and it's kind of been bothering me when I mistakenly think something is a variable but find out it's a label/scene change the type and the box clears it self. Perhaps make it so the search box doesn't clear itself when changing searching types? I know it's a minor thing but gets annoyed after having to change many variables search types to labels. Please look into this... :HideThePain:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yeah, although I can only get to them with the arrow keys they go away when I am not hovering the check for update button. (After some more time) the save options are clickable sometimes now
I cannot reproduce what you're describing. Could you post a screenshot?

This is a minor issue but it's been bothering me from a lot updates back. Let's say you select "variable names" you type something in the search box and change your mind and click "values" what ever you wrote in the box stays as is but if you select "labels/scenes" (Which is really the more common change cause people go from variable to labels) the box clears it self... and it's kind of been bothering me when I mistakenly think something is a variable but find out it's a label/scene change the type and the box clears it self. Perhaps make it so the search box doesn't clear itself when changing searching types? I know it's a minor thing but gets annoyed after having to change many variables search types to labels. Please look into this... :HideThePain:
It's sort of by design. Changing the search mode calls a reset (like the reset button), but I understand this could be anoying.
I've put it on my list to change in the future ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink
Apr 1, 2018
I cannot reproduce what you're describing. Could you post a screenshot?

It's sort of by design. Changing the search mode calls a reset (like the reset button), but I understand this could be anoying.
I've put it on my list to change in the future ;)
Thank you very much I appreciate it! :love:

Jan 21, 2021
urm seems to immediately crash extra life.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '<'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 79, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 192, in load_appropriate_file
File "renpy/script.py", line 179, in load_file
UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '<'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Sat Sep 10 05:29:58 2022

kenshiro2k

Jul 5, 2017
Really thank you for the Mod (^_^)b

- Is there a way to pause and get the choice pop-up before the fast transition removes it? even I cannot get a chance to click the + sign as it's too fast.

- also any chance to be able to edit the choice option to change the outcome on the spot before clicking next?

Thank you again :D

Apr 1, 2018
Really thank you for the Mod (^_^)b

- Is there a way to pause and get the choice pop-up before the fast transition removes it? even I cannot get a chance to click the + sign as it's too fast.

- also any chance to be able to edit the choice option to change the outcome on the spot before clicking next?

Thank you again :D
True I know what you mean, when the route detection pops up on the side for a split second and goes away for a new scene.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes