Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Of course, I have used yours and I was really impressed. It skipped my mind to mention yours. But no offence intended but you donot port all games but whatever you port are compatible with URM. I used karlson gambit of your port and it was really impressive. Sorry for not mentioning yours. But if anyone wants to play whichever games they want they must use joiplay.
I've also created an "empty" Android port that enables you to put the full PC game folder in the game folder in android and play pc natively in Android but I'm getting off subject and it's not 100% ready yet.

• Wow
Reactions: Belzeebub$

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I've also created an "empty" Android port that enables you to put the full PC game folder in the game folder in android and play pc natively in Android but I'm getting off subject and it's not 100% ready yet.
Wow, really looking forward to it....:eek::eek:. Any thread or link where I can access it or follow its whereabouts!!

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
0x52

Not sure if you got the 'hint' ;) But could you add (preferably automatic) sorting to the Rename tab? (ideal would be case insensitive, but that would just be icing on the cake)
I currently just add this line self.replacements.sort(False) indef addReplacement(self, textReplacement): myself every update, so it's no biggie for me, but would be nice to have it officially added for those cases where the Rename list grows to several pages as I suspect I'm probably not the only one using this tab and ending up with a buttload of renaming lines if a VN uses some form of Engrish or just has a load of spelling errors. (for most VN's I just don't bother, but some have either a big replay value, updates so far apart I need to start over each time coz I have no idea anymore what it was about or multiple paths. And then those errors can get annoying...)

And seeing you used the same structure as for variables, I gladly made use of the sort option, although I suspect that might get added in the furture anyways, helps a lot if you've got as many replacements as I have in Savior

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Hello, recently i found a game on which the mod isn’t able to work (it’s the first time i encounter that problem) installing the file on the right place give me an error message when trying to launch the game (parqing the script failed : game/0x52/classes/settings.rpy. Line 45 invalid syntax except exception e and game/0x52/framework/api.rpy line 95 invalid syntax except exception e) the game is Lust and Power if anyone want to check.

ps: look like the dev added an anti-cheat.

Last edited:
  • Angry

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Wow, really looking forward to it....:eek::eek:. Any thread or link where I can access it or follow its whereabouts!!
It's only in my discord at the moment, I haven't done much to it for a while as I've been kept busy with ports, Alternative Compressor, Alternative Saves and worst of all real work.

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Hello, recently i found a game on which the mod isn’t able to work (it’s the first time i encounter that problem) installing the file on the right place give me an error message when trying to launch the game (parqing the script failed : game/0x52/classes/settings.rpy. Line 45 invalid syntax except exception e and game/0x52/framework/api.rpy line 95 invalid syntax except exception e) the game is Lust and Power if anyone want to check.

ps: look like the dev added an anti-cheat.
I had used urm in the old versions (both urm and the game itself) it worked fine. Since, it is sandbox and has incest I donot try it now. Have You tried older urm versions? I think they might work.

Edit : I dont know what you mean by having errors!! Mine works fine. Only thing is I cannot find the corruption/love points. I did not delve much on the matter or else I would have succeeded in cracking that too. I had to waste my time and data though, anyway redownload the game perhaps mine is the latest version and as you can see they work fine. Also where is your traceback file with errors??
Screenshot_20220930_150111.jpg
Screenshot_20220930_150213.jpg

Last edited:

gkdlalstnek

Oct 4, 2021
I'm using your mode well. But even though the name changes when I rename the characters, it doesn't apply in the script. For example, I changed the person A to B, but the mc's name is marked B, but the characters call him A, and the mc himself introduces himself as A

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I'm using your mode well. But even though the name changes when I rename the characters, it doesn't apply in the script. For example, I changed the person A to B, but the mc's name is marked B, but the characters call him A, and the mc himself introduces himself as A
Maybe it is a game problem, and you should rise this issue in the game thread and not here. Have you tried that? I deleted the game (because I hate that game) or else I would have advanced a bit into the it to check. Edit : FYI BTW does name of MC matter that much? It is only but a game. Use jack or *ss name as you play.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Not sure if you got the 'hint' ;) But could you add (preferably automatic) sorting to the Rename tab? (ideal would be case insensitive, but that would just be icing on the cake)
You mean this?
1664560676007.png
I do keep track of everything :giggle:
If by "hint" you mean your donation? I appreciatie it a lot and I will add this ASAP! ;):p

Under normal circumstances renaming should also work in dialogues. But of course with some unique implementations this could fail.
You could try to also manually replace the character's name using a text replacement.

gkdlalstnek

Oct 4, 2021
Under normal circumstances renaming should also work in dialogues. But of course with some unique implementations this could fail.
You could try to also manually replace the character's name using a text replacement.
Thank you for your reply. It's settled

kenshiro2k

Jul 5, 2017
Hi again, :D

I have tried the URM on "Killer Project [v1.21.01]" and it seems it's not compatible, not sure if it's a legacy version of the game or if the developer put script protection. All the values and searches came empty, test it out with (Save Editor Online) to get the names used and get the numbers shown in stats, the same issues were noted with 0 results even with Wildcard search(see screenshot and save attached).

Appreciate your kind expertise and support on what is needed to change the data MC status and points. :sick:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
:eek: Crap... I totally forgot I posted that on Github too... my bad...
I sure hope you didn't post that on Github, because it's posted using my account and in a private repository :p

I have tried the URM on "Killer Project [v1.21.01]" and it seems it's not compatible, not sure if it's a legacy version of the game or if the developer put script protection. All the values and searches came empty, test it out with (Save Editor Online) to get the names used and get the numbers shown in stats, the same issues were noted with 0 results even with Wildcard search(see screenshot and save attached).

Appreciate your kind expertise and support on what is needed to change the data MC status and points. :sick:
I tested it and don't see any issues. But in your screenshot I see you have recursive search enabled, this means you'll be searching through previous results until you reset the search.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I sure hope you didn't post that on Github, because it's posted using my account and in a private repository :p
:FacePalm:man I was too wasted when I got home last night. totally didn't see that... just saw a github env and the same subject... and seeing as I have the memory of a 1-day fly and selective blindness... auto-assummed... sheesh, must'ave been more out of it than I realized :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 0x52

kenshiro2k

Jul 5, 2017
I tested it and don't see any issues. But in your screenshot I see you have recursive search enabled, this means you'll be searching through previous results until you reset the search.

Yes, I tried multiple options in "Killer Project [v1.21.01]" , and one option at a time (Recursive, Persistent, Object Search, and Wildcard), and it came up with 0 results.

I have attached the example screenshot, the coding script in-game is quite different from other Renpy games as if Algebra math was used to create the numbers and not taking the displayed number. :geek:

Can I ask you to pull Boldness 15 points out of this game for edit? and the way you used to pull the number? :giggle:

From more digging, I found the numbers not worth it as grinding is too easy that pass the requirement to force the outcome, furthermore, the script key words used in the game is a bit like a wildcard, so no need to further check.

But the URM did a marvelous job that I cannot live without, I really appreciate it 0x52. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52
Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for the MOD, it is sensational.

I will pass two problems that I keep finding, but just passing to let you know.

I'm using the current version, 0.11, and the problem with some transitions continues. Either downloading the file here or updating to the previous version 0.10, in-game.
The games I had more problems with were 'Where the heart Is [Cheeky Gimp]', and 'Being a Dik'.

I believe the mod has an option to capture and show when the player gains, or loses points or variables as true or false when the side window is open, but I've never been able to see that capture, only when it has a choice.
But I don't know if this is just something in my head or not.

I also suggest positioning the notifications underneath the screen, at the bottom, where the quick menu is.

Regardless, I thank you once again for the great work.

0x52

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
I'm using the current version, 0.11, and the problem with some transitions continues. Either downloading the file here or updating to the previous version 0.10, in-game.
0x52
The transition path detection its better but its not perfect yet.
I found a good example on Fetish locator week 2 that might be able to help identify the problem for 0x52.

The first section:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you have transitions on it'll show up an vanish like before. If you have skip transitions, it'll not show up at all.

But just a few lines down there is a very similar code that works fine

In this case, it detects the path correctly buth with skip transitions on and off.

So it seems the "play voice3 d2s11b_laugh noloop" between the transition is whats messing up the detection in this specific case

--
I also remember this really wierd code from LunarBitStudio's Spring city like this:

This senseless if inside the choice option throws a false positive path detection.
It shows there is a path and vanish the popup before showing the choice as if there was a choice between the transition.

Reactions: Derek Lamperouge

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I'm using the current version, 0.11, and the problem with some transitions continues
It's quite hard to catch every possible path, but I will keep improving this.
Darksshades's example is great. URM has to look ahead for paths, but it doesn't look past the play statement in this example. Not yet that is ;)
It will never be able to catch 100% of the paths, but I'm aiming to get as close as possible.

I believe the mod has an option to capture and show when the player gains, or loses points or variables as true or false when the side window is open, but I've never been able to see that capture, only when it has a choice.
But I don't know if this is just something in my head or not.
If you mean you're expecting a notification when a variable changes, this is not in URM yet.
It's on the roadmap as "Notification when a watched variable changed"

fdpdelamode

Mar 21, 2022
These 3 features in your roadmap would be the top most wanted features for me!
  • Option to freeze values
  • Notification when a watched variable changed
  • Option to pick an image for a saved label/replay
  • Your suggestion here...!?
Everything else in the roadmap is also very interesting and will be definitely useful too.

Some additional suggestions maybe:
- if we could sort the results from a search (same sorting buttons already exist but only for variables that we manually save)
- for computer geeks like me, if we could have more than the * and ? patterns to make regexp searches
- additionally to the option to freeze values, if we could have another option like a button ↕ to either increase or decrease immediately a value without editing the variable each time

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes