Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
That is not a Ren'Py mod, but something that manipulates the Ren'Py window. That could be quite hard to accomplice from within Ren'Py.
Thats unfortunate, i was hoping you could replicate this without too much trouble. :(
But thanks for the explanation.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Maybe this is a known issue, but if there's an object (
The dashes and dots are not part of the variable name. I use this in URM to make it more obvious you're looking at a variable inside a variable. So you can not search for them. For example, girls[0] means girls is a list and [0] means you're looking at the first item from that list.
Would it be possible to show a message when a query contains . and/or [] that such searches aren't supported? It's rather daunting when one sees a variable such as girl1.love in the Choice code dialogue but a search for that returns nothing. Ideal would be to return the object girl1, but I know that may be too much to ask...

On a semi-related note, is there a way to anchor or otherwise restrict searches? For example if there's a variable named me, there doesn't seem to be a way to find it without sorting through everything that contains the string 'me'. Which is exacerbated by the fact that AFAICT search results can't be sorted alphabetically.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Would it be possible to show a message when a query contains . and/or [] that such searches aren't supported? It's rather daunting when one sees a variable such as girl1.love in the Choice code dialogue but a search for that returns nothing. Ideal would be to return the object girl1, but I know that may be too much to ask...
I've put it on the wishlist ;)

On a semi-related note, is there a way to anchor or otherwise restrict searches? For example if there's a variable named me, there doesn't seem to be a way to find it without sorting through everything that contains the string 'me'.
When you enable "wildcard search" and search for me you will only get exact matches

Reactions: baloneysammich

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Is there a way to search for, I don't know the correct terminology, sub-variables?

I'm playing through LTAP and it is heavily dependent on on these types of variables.

For example, I can search for "PC" and see everything related to the player's character (100+ variables) or I can search fot "att" and pull up the attribute variables for every character (14 characters with 34 attributes each) which really slows things down. However, I can't figure out how to search for just the PC's attribute variables listed as PC.att. And searching for "Strength", for example, shows no results

I figure it is either something really simple that I'm overlooking or it's not implemented yet.

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
0x52 I was playing Lineage and legacy, and for the first time I saw that the hidden option cannot be selected, unlike other renpy games. Do you know the reason and is there any probabbility that this kind of problems will be solved in future updates. Thank you for this mod and URM is becoming an important part of playing games.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'm playing through LTAP and it is heavily dependent on on these types of variables.
I've tried to reproduce this, but the version of Ren'Py this game uses is 6.99.xxx, which AFAIK isn't supported by URM. I'm getting an error while loading the game. Did you update the Ren'Py version of the game before using URM with it?

I was playing Lineage and legacy, and for the first time I saw that the hidden option cannot be selected, unlike other renpy games.
What "hidden options" are you talking about? I quickly browsed through the game, and didn't see any (at least as quickly as I skipped through, or maybe it's because of the choices I made ;-) ). Would you mind sharing a save game just before one of those options you're referring to? Thanks!

Reactions: 0x52

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I've tried to reproduce this, but the version of Ren'Py this game uses is 6.99.xxx, which AFAIK isn't supported by URM. I'm getting an error while loading the game. Did you update the Ren'Py version of the game before using URM with it?

What "hidden options" are you talking about? I quickly browsed through the game, and didn't see any (at least as quickly as I skipped through, or maybe it's because of the choices I made ;-) ). Would you mind sharing a save game just before one of those options you're referring to? Thanks!
Okay. Firstly, thanks for checking. Secondly, I dont have the game now, since had played earlier and gave up (played with another mod). As for the hidden choice. If you remember, the mc is confronting the bully, you get 2 choices either strength or charm. If you use strength and then in class select the girl with glasses (the girl in the front - I forgot her name) you cannot select the option with charm (since your charm is 0). Also, I had tried cheating by increasing the charm but it did not work.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I'm playing on mobile via JoiPlay and I think it might update the version automatically as I can delete the renpy and lib folders from a game's root directory and it will still launch (which I normally do to save space).

Screenshot_20221022_051523_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20221022_051351_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I'm playing on mobile via JoiPlay and I think it might update the version automatically as I can delete the renpy and lib folders from a game's root directory and it will still launch (which I normally do to save space).

View attachment 2116171

View attachment 2116172
Since you are using joiplay I suggest seeing the variables through cheat option. There, you can find the different variables and their values. Hope it helps.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Is there a way to search for, I don't know the correct terminology, sub-variables?

For example, I can search for "PC" and see everything related to the player's character (100+ variables) or I can search fot "att" and pull up the attribute variables for every character (14 characters with 34 attributes each) which really slows things down. However, I can't figure out how to search for just the PC's attribute variables listed as PC.att. And searching for "Strength", for example, shows no results

I figure it is either something really simple that I'm overlooking or it's not implemented yet.
The correct terminology would be class properties. :D

In your example you have a variable PC that has the property skillpoints. You should be able to search for "PC" to find it or by searching for "skillpoints".
Searching for "PC.skillpoints" wont work yet, but it's on the wishlist. (Also see this post about it)

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
The correct terminology would be class properties. :D

In your example you have a variable PC that has the property skillpoints. You should be able to search for "PC" to find it or by searching for "skillpoints".
Searching for "PC.skillpoints" wont work yet, but it's on the wishlist. (Also see this post about it)
Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I can do the search for PC or Skillpoints but both bring back a ton of results, hence trying to figure out how to limit results to just the PC's skill points.

I shall eagerly await for this feature to be added.

Also thanks for dropping some knowledge on the terminology.

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
Does it work for android? If no then is there any for android adult games? For the eg... I want to remove the text background visibility. Like black text box to transparent. So if anyone knows pls let me know. ( thanks)

batanegra

May 8, 2017
maybe i'm just really dumb or obtuse, but anyone has a guide of how to make a gallery? that way i'm not really breaking anything

zadtier396

Jul 25, 2022
I extracted it.. dragged the rpa file into a game's "game" folder, opened up the game.. and nothing happened.

edit: nvm, just had to start the in start game lol

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Does it work for android? If no then is there any for android adult games? For the eg... I want to remove the text background visibility. Like black text box to transparent. So if anyone knows pls let me know. ( thanks)
There are people using this with Joiplay and I know Wills747's Android ports are compatible.
But URM doesn't "officially" support Android yet.
maybe i'm just really dumb or obtuse, but anyone has a guide of how to make a gallery? that way i'm not really breaking anything
In the second post in this thread there's a video showing label search.

batanegra

May 8, 2017
There are people using this with Joiplay and I know Wills747's Android ports are compatible.
But URM doesn't "officially" support Android yet.

In the second post in this thread there's a video showing label search.
thanks, i though the videos were just a rapid show of how it works

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes