Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Reactions: TheSidewinder

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 1.12 - Skip any splashscreen & hugely improved path detection

Hi all,

I've got a freshly baked URM 1.12 for you. Here's the changelog:
  • Option to skip the splashscreen on any game (taking you directly to the menu after starting it)
  • Hugely improved path detection
  • Made sorting case insensitive
  • Added sorting option to "renaming" tab
  • Fix: Sorting is now working on Ren'Py 8.x games

Some more information on the path detection improvements:
The new version looks a lot further ahead when looking for possible paths, but in an efficient way, so there's no performance penalty. I would say it's even more efficiënt then previous versions, while looking ahead further.
The new implementation will even look past jumps/calls. Meaning that when there's a jump to another label and a possible path after this, URM will also detect and show this.

Splashscreen option:
1667124918579.png

Also... I've got a account now.

Last edited:

vimey

Nov 29, 2020

• Option to skip the splashscreen on any game (taking you directly to the menu after starting it)
OMG this one is my favorite so far some games are really annoying and we can't skip it thanks again for everything

• Love
Reactions: 0x52

colween

Oct 5, 2020
This mod is wonderful! I was thinking about doing something like that myself, but you've already done it, and with a lot more features I was about to make!
You're a genius! (same goes for your team if you're not alone)
Thank you soooo much!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: luna23 and 0x52
Apr 1, 2018

Hi all,

The new version looks a lot further ahead when looking for possible paths, but in an efficient way, so there's no performance penalty. I would say it's even more efficiënt then previous versions, while looking ahead further.
The new implementation will even look past jumps/calls. Meaning that when there's a jump to another label and a possible path after this, URM will also detect and show this.

Splashscreen option:
View attachment 2133930

OMG it's happening, I kid you not I swear I log into this platform everyday to check for update on URM. Yes.. is it to late to turn back now..It started as a joke to keep records now it's an OCD addiction. :HideThePain: (y) send help

Setterbuk1

Sep 21, 2022
Awesome tool thanks. Some games remove the back auto or skip buttons could you make a way to overide the quickmenu?

jasperfish

Oct 19, 2022
View attachment 587373

Overview:
Easiest installation, open mod by pressing Alt+M

This mod is a great tool to cheat or debug Ren'Py games. See full Features list below for details.

Some features in short:
Find and change variables, detect hidden choices, detect paths, rename any character, find/save/replay scenes, watch variables, skip splashscreen

Updated: 2022-10-30
Game/Creator: Any Ren'Py game using Ren'Py engine 6.99.14 or newer
Modder: 0x52 -
Mod Version: 1.12

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Roadmap:

Installation:

Change-Log:

After developing Ren'Py mods for almost a year now. I thought is was time to create the mod of all mods.
So here is what I call URM (or Universal Ren'Py Mod). The goal of this mod is to enable anyone (even without any programming knowledge) to be able to quickly and easily mod any Ren'Py game.
Just drop the mod file into your favorite game's "game" directory and start modding!

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate any feedback, so I know I'm not doing this for nothing.
Or maybe consider supporting me or .

WARNING!
You could break your game modifying any variable. Use at your own risk!
Breaking the game depends on the game's programming. You could create set of values the game doesn't expect. Which for example could prevent you to progress in the game or miss certain scenes. I would recommend saving before modifying. So you could always go back if something unexpected happens.

Screenshots:
View attachment 1083993 View attachment 1083994 View attachment 1083995 View attachment 1083998 View attachment 1556197 View attachment 1084000 View attachment 1781739

Download:
or Attachment below​
My first comment had to be to thank you for this wonderful present. Modding for the layman .. an absolute gift. Thank you.

• Love

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017

Hi all,

Splashscreen option:
View attachment 2133930

Woohoo! This one fixed the broken "Update Available" bug when used with JoiPlay I reported a few weeks ago.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
You can use any of my recent ports and a custom version I made that hides the virtual keyboard after searching for variables. I have to drag some of the pop up screens to click ok/save buttons but it is quite usable.
If you drop the attached qm.rpy along with the 0x52_URM_1.12_Mod.rpa it should work on most Android ports. The only issue is if they use custom quick menu then you may lose some functionality there.
Updated my "modified" URM version to 1.12(if there's anyone using it lol)

tania

Jun 30, 2017
So, what can i do if i cant find value/variables in a game? not even saveedit online can find the value!

ps: i know the correct names with the values but if i try to edit it with console, it gives error: `int` object is not callable

Last edited:

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
So, what can i do if i cant find value/variables in a game? not even saveedit online can find the value!

ps: i know the correct names with the values but if i try to edit it with console, it gives error: `int` object is not callable
It comes down to trial and error. If you aren't finding the variable, it may be in another language. You can try searching for the value itself like "5" if your int is that.
What game?

tania

Jun 30, 2017
It comes down to trial and error. If you aren't finding the variable, it may be in another language. You can try searching for the value itself like "5" if your int is that.
What game?
I said " cant find value/variables " , i already search the values and its not on diferent language because i know the names of the values, they cant be edited without error message.
The game is " College Craze" https://f95zone.to/threads/college-craze-v0-5-pretty-ink.81915/

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Got a suggestion, sometimes a VN has a customized save/load screen where it shows more or less than the default number of slots per page.
It would be nice if you could specify the number of columns/rows as a local setting if the VN in question uses something other than the default.
This probably also means that the image for each slot needs to be scaled up/down to fit the slot. (something that for instance is overlooked in "The Island" )
0x52 Any hint on when this would become a feature? I now realize that specifying it wouldn't even be needed, just querying gui.file_slot_cols and gui.file_slot_rows would already be enough to find out if a game uses a non-standard grid size

EDIT: I've been playing around with gamesaves.rpy.0x52 and think I may have found how to make it happen, see DM

Last edited:

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I said " cant find value/variables " , i already search the values and its not on diferent language because i know the names of the values, they cant be edited without error message.
The game is " College Craze" https://f95zone.to/threads/college-craze-v0-5-pretty-ink.81915/
I'm not seeing any obvious values outside of money, followers and body count. Not seeing any stats like Int (I assume means Intelligence).

I'll play around and see what I can find.

Ren65

Jun 25, 2019
Hello. Is there a way to change ALT-M? I'm attempting to play On Distant Shores and the developer has a note that states "Special Note: At anytime you can hit ALT-M to return to the Main Menu."

• Haha
Reactions: Belzeebub$

tania

Jun 30, 2017
I'm not seeing any obvious values outside of money, followers and body count. Not seeing any stats like Int (I assume means Intelligence).

I'll play around and see what I can find.
Yes, the simple money i cant find the value of it and variables dont show money even if you edit in console like money=100 it will give the error.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes