Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Yes, the simple money i cant find the value of it and variables dont show money even if you edit in console like money=100 it will give the error.
Digging into the files, it looks like these aren't actual values but are more like flags that certain events have been triggered. It is a very odd title when it comes to back end stuff. It may be possible to UnRen and edit the events themselves like getting more than $20 from dad but I have no clue how it would affect the game in the long run.

tania

Jun 30, 2017
Digging into the files, it looks like these aren't actual values but are more like flags that certain events have been triggered. It is a very odd title when it comes to back end stuff. It may be possible to UnRen and edit the events themselves like getting more than $20 from dad but I have no clue how it would affect the game in the long run.
Yes, i already unren it and can edit the .rpa files to give some stuff but was waiting for a more easy way in the universal mod, thanks anyway, i deleted the game because i dont like playing games that i cant easy mod.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello. Is there a way to change ALT-M? I'm attempting to play On Distant Shores and the developer has a note that states "Special Note: At anytime you can hit ALT-M to return to the Main Menu."
I feel like they did this to prevent users from using URM. The implementation is kind of strange, it doesn't exactly take you to the menu, but is restarts the game.

How to fix:
  1. unrpa "scripts.rpa"
  2. Delete scripts.rpa to prevent is from being loaded
  3. Open gamescreens.rpy
  4. Replace line 7 showing key "alt_K_m" action Jump("Return_To_Main_Menu") with pass
    1. Make sure the indentation stays the same (4 spaces before "pass")
  5. Save the file and start the game

Yes, the simple money i cant find the value of it and variables dont show money even if you edit in console like money=100 it will give the error.
I've checked this and the money here is actually a formula. So it's not easy to manipulate.
To give and idea about the formula:
1667844184893.png

Apr 1, 2018
1668231152243.png
Not really a big let off or a problem for me. But the gui seems to break if there are to many hidden options/paths. But it's super rare to come across something with this many hidden options anyways. But thought I would still point it out, because every bit of contribution/fixes done on this mod really makes me happy to see. It's the least I can do for a great work of art. (y) Sadly this is the only example I could find atm.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
My thread-search here has been unsuccessful atm.
Apologies if this has been addressed already here.
0x52_URM does not turn on for an AVN i'm attempting to test with it.

Is there a special trick, in getting it to kick in or..........
Does this mean i'm SOL on a title i'm attempting to test it with?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
My thread-search here has been unsuccessful atm.
Apologies if this has been addressed already here.
0x52_URM does not turn on for an AVN i'm attempting to test with it.

Is there a special trick, in getting it to kick in or..........
Does this mean i'm SOL on a title i'm attempting to test it with?
It's probably a good idea to mention what game it is you're trying to test with.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
It's probably a good idea to mention what game it is you're trying to test with.
There are a few to be more precise, not all the same.
One that bugs me the most is one i detest, MilfsOfSummerVille one.
But it's difficult telling friends No.. particularly when it's not an option with.... some of them.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There are a few to be more precise, not all the same.
One that bugs me the most is one i detest, MilfsOfSummerVille one.
But it's difficult telling friends No.. particularly when it's not an option with.... some of them.
I've never loaded a game with the mod in the game folder that didn't acknowledge the mod. Some games are built in a way that it's not helpful, but it still acknowledges that the mod is there. So the creator can't really help you if you don't tell them what games are not working for you.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
I've never loaded a game with the mod in the game folder that didn't acknowledge the mod. Some games are built in a way that it's not helpful, but it still acknowledges that the mod is there. So the creator can't really help you if you don't tell them what games are not working for you.
"MilfsOfSummerVille"
<-- is the first on my list to get rid of

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
MilfsOfSummerVille
Assuming you mean MILFs of Sunville, it's something on your end.

It's working fine for me right from the start. Got the splash telling me 1.12 was installed when I started a new game, and Alt-M works as expected.

I also unrenned it and tested, and it's working unrenned as well.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Assuming you mean MILFs of Sunville, it's something on your end.

It's working fine for me right from the start. Got the splash telling me 1.12 was installed when I started a new game, and Alt-M works as expected.

I also unrenned it and tested, and it's working unrenned as well.
Thank You for Your time.
Will wipe data, re download their copy and try again. (y)

MonkeyMonkz

Feb 8, 2019
URM Version: 1.12
Game: Knightly Passions

Hi There. Hope you guys doing well. I have this problem where I can't save the 'setting" file. This also happen with another game I played. Is there a way to fix this? Is it Ren'py issue?

In the save location there is only the folder with the game name but no save files in there.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 3.05.07 AM.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM Version: 1.12
Game: Knightly Passions

Hi There. Hope you guys doing well. I have this problem where I can't save the 'setting" file. This also happen with another game I played. Is there a way to fix this? Is it Ren'py issue?

In the save location there is only the folder with the game name but no save files in there.

Thanks!

View attachment 2187389
Probably a permissions issue. (I'm not very familiair with MacOs)
When you press the "?" button it will show you the path it's trying to save to.
Ren'Py also creates a "log.txt" file. That file will contain a line starting with "0x52:" showing more details about the error.

MonkeyMonkz

Feb 8, 2019
Probably a permissions issue. (I'm not very familiar with MacOs)
When you press the "?" button it will show you the path it's trying to save to.
Ren'Py also creates a "log.txt" file. That file will contain a line starting with "0x52:" showing more details about the error.
Is there a way to change the save location? As you mentioned before, it is a permissions issue. But what I don't understand, some games could save with problems but some not.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes