Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
It's
The keyboard shouldn't be there. I don't see a cursor in the search field, so I don't understand why the keyboard is showing?! :unsure:
As far as I can tell it's enough that the input is shown, my only work around for now is to hide the input button until "Reset" is pressed.
Here is the changed file below, had to make it .txt to upload.
Had a bit of a play with making it suitable for touch and non touch but no luck yet, I'll have another crack tomorrow.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
The cursor is there, it's blinking.
After search the keyboard is initially hidden.
Scenario is I edit one value and change it, when it returns to the search results the keyboard stays up.
Screenshot_20221212_233546_guilty.pleasure.jpg Screenshot_20221212_233120_guilty.pleasure.jpg

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
The cursor is there, it's blinking.
After search the keyboard is initially hidden.
Scenario is I edit one value and change it, when it returns to the search results the keyboard stays up.
View attachment 2230426 View attachment 2230429
Thanks. I can reproduce that and will fix it.
When this happens and you press the "Search" button the keyboard should hide again.

Edit:
I've made the search input automatically focus when you switch to the search tab, which causes this issue. This is quite a nice feature on PC, but annoying with an on-screen keyboard.
I've changed this behavior for the next update (presumable in a few of days).

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Hmmm... Grandma's House won't open URM with the new floater (forced on normal screen). Alt-M works though...
This is only the third game I've used it in (the floater I mean) so might encounter more.

EDIT: Instead of putting it in the middle of the screen, why not place it at the exact same coordinates as the logo in the UI of URM itself ? ;)

Last edited:

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Hmmm... Grandma's House won't open URM with the new floater (forced on normal screen). Alt-M works though...
This is only the third game I've used it in (the floater I mean) so might encounter more.
Are you using android port?? I completed playing the game with it yesterday.

Apr 1, 2018
Suggestion: Ok this one might be a little devolving but hear me out. You know how when URM detects choices it gives you a notification on top corner > makes you click on the 3 lines > gives you a gui with all the choices > press Show to see what values are being changed? by choosing that option

What if it just showed what was being changed on the option itself? I'm just suggesting this from a user pov, this is probably way harder to accomplish in code but ya this is a suggest I want to put out for the sake of ease of usability .

Edit: Now that I think about it this might be a bad idea since fitting all the values changed into a single line would be impossible if more than couple variable are being changed at once.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

EDIT: Instead of putting it in the middle of the screen, why not place it at the exact same coordinates as the logo in the UI of URM itself ? ;)
Tested it on Grandma's House 0.16 on Windows. No issues.

I put the logo in the middle on purpose, so it's easy to spot. Takes a second to drag it somewhere else and it remembers the position.

Edit: Now that I think about it this might be a bad idea since fitting all the values changed into a single line would be impossible if more than couple variable are being changed at once.
You hit the nail on the head. I agree the code is mostly very small, but could theoretically be pages of code. Also, you could have quite different menu styles in other games.
It's something I would like to improve, but I'm not sure how yet.

Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Tested it on Grandma's House 0.16 on Windows. No issues.
As said, I played Part 2 0.19. (0.16 is Part 1)
It seems it's a conflict caused by Koga3's mod, if the quick menu setting in this mod is set to Auto, it works, if it's set to always on, it doesn't...
Since there's a fair few games where Koga3 made mods for, and this option is in most all of his mods, I suspect I'll encounter this in other games to...
Odd thing is I that I'm using Penfold's Transparent Textbox mod in every game, which causes the quick menu to always show regardless of the setting in Koga3's mods, the only part that reacts to the setting is the mod menu item he adds.
I can get around it with an override, forcing mod menu item to only show on hover, but still, it's odd that the variable controlling the on-hover/always showing behavior has this side effect.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've just published 1.13.1 with some fixes for touchscreen users:
  • Added gesture for opening URM on touch devices (draw an U / swipe down-right-up)
  • Fix: Prevent autofocusing search input on touch devices (because this opens the on-screen keyboard)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
looking for old versions plzzzz
Why would you want an older version? If something isn't working in a newer version, please let me know.

If you really need an older version, you can find them all on . Click "Load full history" under the changelog, click the version number you want and click download.

xxsevoxx99

Sep 18, 2021
Why would you want an older version? If something isn't working in a newer version, please let me know.

If you really need an older version, you can find them all on . Click "Load full history" under the changelog, click the version number you want and click download.

thanks for your reply :)
can u plz help me with this

i never faced this msg in old version

• Haha
Reactions: Belzeebub$

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

As the message says, you cannot force select that path, because it's found after a jump.
You didn't get this message on older versions because they could not detect such a path. So in an older version you wouldn't even know it existed :)

Reactions: Belzeebub$

vimey

Nov 29, 2020

I got that several times in older versions it's not a bug but sometimes you can't just select it but you can roll back and change the variable in the condition and you are good to go

Reactions: CircaAD

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
0x52 first of all thank you for the update, as usual URM has yet achieved another new feature and a very useful one and is proving to be more indispensible after each update. But there is some bug/error (I dont know how to word it:sick:). I played two games homelander and villains legacy with the new URM. I freezed the values and it worked fine but whenever after advancing and reloading a previous save the freezed values turn to "unknown". First I thought it was due to my mistake as I freezed a True/False variable but in the next game I faced the same error while freezing values. But when I exit from the game and reload that same save it works fine and the freezed values work like a charm. Again, sorry for pestering you with trifles and thank you very much for such a magic solution to us renpy players that we can play these games independantly without have to wait for any modders.

mentar2000

Apr 3, 2017
Is there a way to group certain search results together? I mean like if you search stats for a character in a game, can you put them into an expandable group together? I have some games with 100+ variables saved and it'd be easier if I could group and collapse some together to make the list shorter to scroll through.

Reactions: CircaAD

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
One minor thing is that the autoupdate doesn't actually seem to install anything. Instead, it just creates a .tmp file in the game folder that doesn't actually replace the original mod file. When the scripts reload, it asks to update again.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you have freeze variables in place and try to load the save, it will essentially delete the variable (set the variable to "unknown").

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes