Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I understand that.

I'm asking why URM, on it's Search screen, is not finding those "<store.CharAt... (etc)" objects in the game I mentioned.

In other games it does find them on the Search screen by using (as example from above "ethan_stats"), and displays them as a "store" with a radio button to expand them to see their subvariables.
well

thats a mystery i cant explain - cause idk :cautious:

Reactions: TheSidewinder

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Just noting here in case others have this issue (or else it's somehow at my end)...

The game "Somewhere I Belong" appears to have a lot of vars that are hidden or don't come up in search.

e.g. using dev console -> Variable Viewer you will see a lot of vars that aren't found with URL search. "camila_" should return at least one line, a store object, but isn't found. Same with others.

You can find some vars, as there's a urm file for the game that has some vars, but those can be found when searching anyway.

Or am I missing something?
This is fixed in the latest release (v1.14) :)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I understand that.

I'm asking why URM, on it's Search screen, is not finding those "<store.CharAt... (etc)" objects in the game I mentioned.

In other games it does find them on the Search screen by using (as example from above "ethan_stats"), and displays them as a "store" with a radio button to expand them to see their subvariables.
with v 1.14 urm

Screenshot_3.png

at the time of discussion i used the 1.13.x .... my bad

edit : deleted some post related to this

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
That would explain it, yeah, I was using 1.13.4 (and am about to use the new 1.14 so should be good).

Thanks 0x52 !!

EDIT: Knew I forgot something. 1.14 did indeed solve my problem, all good now. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
is there a way to use urm on the android ports?
Place the RPA file in the search path.
Stock path is "Android/data/game.name.here/files/game"
You may need to create the "game" folder.
If it's ported with my Alternative Saves mod the path will be something like "Documents/RenPy_Saves/game.name.here/game"
In this scenario "RenPy_Saves" folder name is customisable and may be the porters handle.

May 21, 2022
Place the RPA file in the search path.
Stock path is "Android/data/game.name.here/files/game"
You may need to create the "game" folder.
If it's ported with my Alternative Saves mod the path will be something like "Documents/RenPy_Saves/game.name.here/game"
In this scenario "RenPy_Saves" folder name is customisable and may be the porters handle.
thanks!

lazysherlock

Nov 28, 2021
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but im not getting it to work on Attack on Survey Corp
Sorry in advance when you point out something dumb I overlooked. I'm normally wrong when i post these but I did try.
View attachment traceback.txt
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/API.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 489, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 785, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23030501+nightly
Attack on Survey Corps 0.11.4
Sat Mar 25 03:25:44 2023

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but im not getting it to work on Attack on Survey Corp
Sorry in advance when you point out something dumb I overlooked. I'm normally wrong when i post these but I did try.
View attachment 2493316
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 489, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\SanDisk Eng pdf\AttackOnSurveyCorps-0-11-4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 785, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23030501+nightly
Attack on Survey Corps 0.11.4
Sat Mar 25 03:25:44 2023
This is the second time I see a dev using a nightly build of Ren'Py. Those builds a strictly meant for testing and should never be used for a release.
I cannot support those releases, because they will regularly contain bugs.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
This is the second time I see a dev using a nightly build of Ren'Py. Those builds a strictly meant for testing and should never be used for a release.
I cannot support those releases, because they will regularly contain bugs.
as i tested this game it was working :unsure:

edit :quick tested again -- works with unpacked (unren)version of urm
lazysherlock

Last edited:
Reactions: Belzeebub$

lazysherlock

Nov 28, 2021
as i tested this game it was working :unsure:

edit :quick tested again -- works with unpacked (unren)version of urm
lazysherlock
Hey thanks so much for your reply but i'm sorry that I'm going to have to go noob on ya... Could you please translate those instructions you just gave me? LOL I was trying to figure it out on my own but best I found was the .bat file. Is that what you're talking about? Using the dev console and decompiling the files?

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Reactions: lazysherlock

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Hey thanks so much for your reply but i'm sorry that I'm going to have to go noob on ya... Could you please translate those instructions you just gave me? LOL I was trying to figure it out on my own but best I found was the .bat file. Is that what you're talking about? Using the dev console and decompiling the files?
got it to work?

leonard2.100

Mar 30, 2023
here's the thing,there is no any dialogue box display in the game SummerCamp(by All Natural Games)
How can I customize the clarity of dialogue box or add one by using 0x52_URM ?

Is there any doc of this tool that I can read?

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes