Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
I regret to inform you that you can remove THAMAR from your list. It has been banned by lolis and shota without notice.
THAMAR is not dead, it will continue to develop outside this forum.
In any case, thank you for your work and for including us in your list.
And I hope "hellhammerx" the spy who watches my every move on the forum doesn't erase my thanks.
(y)

• Sad
Reactions: darlic and 0x52

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I regret to inform you that you can remove THAMAR from your list. It has been banned by lolis and shota without notice.
THAMAR is not dead, it will continue to develop outside this forum.
In any case, thank you for your work and for including us in your list.
And I hope "hellhammerx" the spy who watches my every move on the forum doesn't erase my thanks.
(y)
damn - bad news ...

Reactions: iOtero

fillup1209

Jan 28, 2020
I see in the list of games that No More Money is a part of it. My question is, will it work for No More Secrets? I only wanna use it to change the MCs name because I fucking hate the name Brian.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I see in the list of games that No More Money is a part of it. My question is, will it work for No More Secrets? I only wanna use it to change the MCs name because I fucking hate the name Brian.
It works on almost any Ren'Py game.
The games listed in the second post are variable found for those games. If it's not in the list you would have to search for them yourself.
Character renaming is a built-in feature, you don't need anything specific for the game.

Reactions: fillup1209

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
No More Secrets doesnt have this option
and name change with 0x52_URM is useless there - it only change the name shown on top of text
and this only temporary - after load/restart you have to do it again
you can change it at character.rpy - but again its only the name above the textbox

fillup1209

Jan 28, 2020
No More Secrets doesnt have this option
and name change with 0x52_URM is useless there - it only change the name shown on top of text
and this only temporary - after load/restart you have to do it again
you can change it at character.rpy - but again its only the name above the textbox
Not true. Worked perfectly for me. Was able to change the name Brian to my name yesterday. And now i just loaded the game and its still using my name. Plus when i went to change the names, the variables were already automatically listed for me, i think its because its the same set up as No More Money.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Not true. Worked perfectly for me. Was able to change the name Brian to my name yesterday. And now i just loaded the game and its still using my name. Plus when i went to change the names, the variables were already automatically listed for me, i think its because its the same set up as No More Money.
where did you change it?
i can change name with URM , but after reload its brian again :unsure:

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Hello, is there any way to directly list all the items in a category instead of having to search them? Like a list of all scene/labels or all variants without the need to use the search bars.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello, is there any way to directly list all the items in a category instead of having to search them? Like a list of all scene/labels or all variants without the need to use the search bars.
Listing everything would cause the game to freeze (a lot). But this might be possible in a future version when I have optimized URM for this.

Apr 1, 2018
Just 2 random suggestions:
1. Can you make it so that the "modify variable" gui stays even after changing a value or have a check box in the settings to make it stay caz I was experiment with a value and game kept crashing until I put a lower value but I had to go through a phrase of trial and errors with constantly having to click back. And it would be easier if the gui just stayed so you can constantly change value without the gui going away.

2. And perhaps change the color of text to pink or something for these "sub-sections" when you click the down arrow, cause they blend in pretty easily with the other stuff at the bottom. If it wasn't for that "-Add item" button there I wouldn't even know how far this sub-section goes down. And tho this one doesn't have that problem those that don't have the "add item" button can get pretty hard to find the end to the sub-section. And then when you open the sub-sections to those sub-sections ahh it's mind numbing. Just saying making the sub-section text color pink or something would be great!

Now ik these are pretty dumb suggestions but still a suggestion.

Last edited:

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
Good job on writing this mod (y)

Question for maybe future versions, could you add a way to detect story branches ( if, else if, else), not referring to choice variables.

Thank you, keep up the good work, If I didn't hate python so much I would have probably written something like this by now :LOL::LOL:

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
as said, it'll severely lag your system, but if you turn on "wildcard search" and search for only the wildcard indicator "*" it'll return all variable names. It's been ok a couple times for me with some smaller games, but once the list gets too big it'll basically hardlock.

Reactions: 0x52

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
It's been a while since I d/led my copy of urm and I have no idea what version it is, so the problem might be fixed, but this was the second time today I've encountered this (although today was the first time it has happened)

Edit: just downloaded the latest ver from OP and while a renpy window opened this time instead of instantly crashing, it still only gave me a traceback with the same error.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes