Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Yes it worked thanks I don't know how you found that though
well
mostly i use "saveedit online" to see some variables , or using the ingame variable viewer (shift+D)
i this case i found "persos" and searched in urm for ;)
you can "unren" the files too - after this there is a variables.rpy file - you can see most of them there

Reactions: vimey

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
well
mostly i use "saveedit online" to see some variables , or using the ingame variable viewer (shift+D)
i this case i found "persos" and searched in urm for ;)
you can "unren" the files too - after this there is a variables.rpy file - you can see most of them there
Thanks again I guess I'm too lazy to do that :p

Reactions: Boehser Onkel
Apr 1, 2018
Just released 1.4

Changelog:

• Added option to jump to labels instead of replaying them
    • This could for example enable you to teleport to locations in a sandbox game
  • Fix: Force URM to be always on top (solves this issue with Divimera)
  • FIx: This save issue with the game ARTEMIS

This is solved in this release.

Reactions: 0x52

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
Thanks for the update!

0x52 I was reading the code of your mod, was looking at the class URMChoicesClass() would it be possible from your knowledge to detect an If Else block ?

I have noticed you test for the Menu block ( isinstance(script, renpy.ast.Menu) ), checked the ast and noticed there is also a If would probably look like isinstance(script, renpy.ast.If)

You are probably wondering what is this about, I was asking about branching detection, when you it an If Else block to get a notification and check (like the menu notification) which path you took in that branch.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Thanks for the update!

0x52 I was reading the code of your mod, was looking at the class URMChoicesClass() would it be possible from your knowledge to detect an If Else block ?

I have noticed you test for the Menu block ( isinstance(script, renpy.ast.Menu) ), checked the ast and noticed there is also a If would probably look like isinstance(script, renpy.ast.If)

You are probably wondering what is this about, I was asking about branching detection, when you it an If Else block to get a notification and check (like the menu notification) which path you took in that branch.
Yes, it would be possible to detect If-statements.

If have to think about this. I guess if URM detects an if-statement you would like to see a notification about this, see the conditions and (if possible) have the option to choose with which condition you would like to continue?

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
Yes, it would be possible to detect If-statements.

If have to think about this. I guess if URM detects an if-statement you would like to see a notification about this, see the conditions and (if possible) have the option to choose with which condition you would like to continue?

Yes, when you hit an If block if you can have a similar notification / details as when you hit the Menu block. I wanted to modify it myself but than I realized I have no idea what I am doing in python / renpy :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
Thanks for your work
I'm having a prob with font size in a coupla games, getting old, eyesight isn't what it was, been trying to increase font size but unfortunately i can only ever seem to increase the name at the top of the textbox not the actual text in the box, any help would be appreciated

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thanks for your work
I'm having a prob with font size in a coupla games, getting old, eyesight isn't what it was, been trying to increase font size but unfortunately i can only ever seem to increase the name at the top of the textbox not the actual text in the box, any help would be appreciated
you can at nearly every renpy game change the font/text size :
press shift+a and you get this --

Download.png

Reactions: kamimed and ecoli

Valex

Apr 27, 2017
Oddly enough, it appears that this version doesn't work with the latest version of Deliverance (v16).
I'm pretty sure it used to work with chapter 14 or 15, but not anymore; it only gives you blank boxes with no choices.
I also couldn't find any variables with the search function.
I'm guessing they must have changed something on their end.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Well I'm porting games for Android I don't think it will work on Android
i may say you then on the wrong topic here
this mod does not work on adroid (as far as i know)
and , you may should have said this on your first post :ROFLMAO:

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
If someone include the mod in his android port I think it might work
edit : Sorry I forgot about how to open it on android

Last edited:

Cena2001

May 12, 2021
If someone include the mod in his android port I think it might work
edit : Sorry I forgot about how to open it on android
It's not easy to get the mod for those things
I got few from other ports :HideThePain: but those were not working

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
It's not easy to get the mod for those things
I got few from other ports :HideThePain: but those were not working
This is the best mod for renpy games especially sandbox you can do much more than just edit variables but unfortunately for you I think it's not android friendly

Cena2001

May 12, 2021
Ok I have a question
If I don't edit the screen script
And paste the script for textbox opacity will it work??

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes