Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
i tried this mod for second happiness, yeah it saids imcompatible with renpy engine.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
If someone include the mod in his android port I think it might work
edit : Sorry I forgot about how to open it on android
I might make URM usable on a touchscreen in the future :unsure:
Ok I have a question
If I don't edit the screen script
And paste the script for textbox opacity will it work??
I don't know what you're talking about. Which "screen script", which "textbox"?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Will there be a version for 7.4.5?
You mean for Ren'Py 7.4.5? Why? Did you experience any issues using it on 7.4.5?

-edit-
Did a quick test on 7.4.5. I didn't notice any issues.

Last edited:

Moonywb

Apr 14, 2019
You mean for Ren'Py 7.4.5? Why? Did you experience any issues using it on 7.4.5?

-edit-
Did a quick test on 7.4.5. I didn't notice any issues.
I did. It was when playing How to fix the future. Trying to modify the two variables, score or lust, would just revert it back to its original value. Example, click on s_cathy and change to 20, click change. Then if you click anywhere else or try to modify lust, score will revert back to 1.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I did. It was when playing How to fix the future. Trying to modify the two variables, score or lust, would just revert it back to its original value. Example, click on s_cathy and change to 20, click change. Then if you click anywhere else or try to modify lust, score will revert back to 1.
yeah
but that has nothing to do with it
take a closer look here

def cathy_score():
store.s_cathy = varval( 0, minValue=0 )
if "ch1trustcathysc9" in choices and "ch1trustcathysc10" in choices:
store.s_cathy += 1
if "ch1standupforcathy" in choices:
store.s_cathy += 1
if "ch1interestedincathysstory" in choices:
store.s_cathy += 1
if "ch1notinterestedincathysstory" in choices:
store.s_cathy -= 1
return s_cathy
def cathy_lust():
store.l_cathy = varval( 0, minValue=0 )
return l_cathy

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Looking at the code Boehser Onkel posted it seems like the game resets the score.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi Suspicious by Azteca crashes with universal-renpy-mod transmits with traceback when I remove the mod it works again
From the traceback:
Code:
Exception: 0x52: Incompatible Ren'Py engine version
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Suspicious 0.24

The game uses an old Ren'Py version that isn't supported by URM:
Game/Creator: Any Ren'Py game using Ren'Py engine 6.99.14 or newer

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
0x52

Suggestion: Throw a error popup window when the engine version is lower than minimum supported.

I quick checked the manual and seen this variable library.script_version, did a quick test in console and got this:

Screenshot 2021-09-22 215913.jpg

Checked the game log and got the version

Wed Sep 22 21:53:41 2021
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648

Why do this at all: better user experience and fewer people coming with the same problem again and again distracting you from other important stuff :giggle:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52

Suggestion: Throw a error popup window when the engine version is lower than minimum supported.

I quick checked the manual and seen this variable library.script_version, did a quick test in console and got this:

View attachment 1417770

Checked the game log and got the version

Wed Sep 22 21:53:41 2021
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648

Why do this at all: better user experience and fewer people coming with the same problem again and again distracting you from other important stuff :giggle:
URM already throws an error when the Ren'Py version is to low. As seen here:
From the traceback:
Code:
Exception: 0x52: Incompatible Ren'Py engine version
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Suspicious 0.24
We cannot show an "error popup window" after starting the game, because the game will not start and throw some random error.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Got a problem with Vae Victis new update or new UI it doesn't display anything anymore same thing when search for variables

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
A small problem with This game it doesn't display the hidden choice number still works fine though just wanted to let you know
Edit : After restarting the game and loading a save it works fine

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Last edited:

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
I just published an update (1.4.1). Which contains a lot of styling improvements.
This should solve all the problem with the game you're mentioning.

It also fixes this:
Thanks a lot best mod ever keep it up (y)

Reactions: 0x52

BrandonB

May 3, 2020
Hey, thanks for making this mod, it is indispensable and I use it on every single Ren'Py game I play. If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion to add a DIFF feature.

Basically, you'd click a start button to take a snapshot of all variables, then come back after a scene and click an end button that takes another snapshot, runs a diff between the two and shows a before and after of every variable that has changed. Some games are pretty straightforward and linear with variable names and changes but some more involved ones are a bit more complicated, changing multiple variables you might not have considered, potentially pushing you toward or locking you onto a path you may not have wanted. It would be nice to be able to evaluate all of the changes that your choices made.

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
Basically, you'd click a start button to take a snapshot of all variables, then come back after a scene and click an end button that takes another snapshot, runs a diff between the two and shows a before and after of every variable that has changed.
Until something like this becomes available you can try saveeditonline.com I just make a save before and after, upload the first save than upload again the second save, they keep your session in memory and show you which variables changed from your previous save.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes