Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
here's the thing,there is no any dialogue box display in the game SummerCamp(by All Natural Games)
How can I customize the clarity of dialogue box or add one by using 0x52_URM ?

Is there any doc of this tool that I can read?
eeeh what?

edit : i think there is no need for a textbox

the text has outlines , which is ,imo, way better than a background textbox

Screenshot_15.png

the textbox.png at the gamefiles is a blank screen - so if you want a textbox , you have to make one

edit : added a textbox.png

Screenshot_1.png

extract tb.zip into mainfolder overwrite if asked

and btw 0x52_URM is not a tool for this kind of modding

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 0x52 and Belzeebub$

leonard2.100

Mar 30, 2023
eeeh what?

edit : i think there is no need for a textbox

the text has outlines , which is ,imo, way better than a background textbox

View attachment 2510842

the textbox.png at the gamefiles is a blank screen - so if you want a textbox , you have to make one

edit : added a textbox.png

View attachment 2510855

extract tb.zip into mainfolder overwrite if asked

and btw 0x52_URM is not a tool for this kind of modding
I need a textbox for some reasons. Anyway, thank you very much , really appreciate it~

• Red Heart
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

MasterMerp

Oct 10, 2019
There's some Renpy games that use another grid size than 3x2 or 3x3 saveslots per page...

Are there any plans to make the mods menu adaptable to other grid sizes or give us any possibility to see / edit / interact with e.g. 1-11-LT1.save ?

Obviously if the game using a smaller grid than the mod is not that much of a problem, as there will just be empty slots in the mods savegame tab... although if one were to save the game in e.g. slot 8 when the game only has 6 slots per page due to a 6x2 layout, you would only be able to access that slot via the mods save menu, not via the games save menu.

Reversibly so if the game has a bigger grid than the mod you can only access and interact with some saves via the game menu, not via the mod menu

Which i think is a bit of a shame since i really like the mods save menu

Ideas for that:
  • allow e.g. for us to manually enter a grid size to use in the mod
  • have the mod read out save game names to see what the highest number on a page is and adapt automatically
  • have e.g. an alternate list view that shows all saves present in the saves folder and doesn't rely on arranging them in a predetermined grid size

That being said, i absolutely love that mod, i install it to basically any new game by default.
Thank you so much for your work so far and for your continous efforts!

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Boehser Onkel / 0x52 urm is not working in cyberheart. My guess is - the same reason it does not work in games like alexandra. Or is this different. Any way outs.
well

it works to find var´s
Screenshot_1.png

whats it not get are the choices
its a seperate script

Screenshot_2.png

and thats what the variable viewer shows

Screenshot_3.png

so , the only thing not working is the choice/path notification
if you like remi - just push her rp stat? maybe :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: 0x52 and Belzeebub$

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
There's some Renpy games that use another grid size than 3x2 or 3x3 saveslots per page...

Are there any plans to make the mods menu adaptable to other grid sizes or give us any possibility to see / edit / interact with e.g. 1-11-LT1.save ?

Obviously if the game using a smaller grid than the mod is not that much of a problem, as there will just be empty slots in the mods savegame tab... although if one were to save the game in e.g. slot 8 when the game only has 6 slots per page due to a 6x2 layout, you would only be able to access that slot via the mods save menu, not via the games save menu.

Reversibly so if the game has a bigger grid than the mod you can only access and interact with some saves via the game menu, not via the mod menu

Which i think is a bit of a shame since i really like the mods save menu

Ideas for that:
  • allow e.g. for us to manually enter a grid size to use in the mod
  • have the mod read out save game names to see what the highest number on a page is and adapt automatically
  • have e.g. an alternate list view that shows all saves present in the saves folder and doesn't rely on arranging them in a predetermined grid size

That being said, i absolutely love that mod, i install it to basically any new game by default.
Thank you so much for your work so far and for your continous efforts!
It's on my todo list (since last August)

hsehsing

Jul 11, 2017
Any plans to allow custom key bindings?
Like increasing a var by 1 on pressing + or something like that?
Even if we have to write the python command for var change ourselves is fine

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
New thing i found in the URM that i've instantly fallen in love with, replacements! Never really noticed it before, guess i just didn't have a need for it until recently and then my eyes were 'activated' on the word, my god, it FIXES things that drive me nuts in some VN's, like in crimson high, i cannot stand the long winded farting about coffee, coffee this, coffee that, let's get a coffee, i'm getting a coffee, i'd like a coffee, would you like a coffee? Jesus christ, so annoying, so changing it to tea or beer or whatever i feel like at the time at least replaces the annoying repetition with either something neutral or something funny. Thank fuck for that. And another one, i cannot stand for the life of me the term 'boipussy' or any variant of it, i'm bisexual, if i'm in the mood for pussy, i want pussy, if i'm in the mood for ass, i want ass, the entire concept of boipussy is exactly the same as saying mangina... totally unsexy, total boner killer, so replacing all instances of it with 'ass' is a god send, can finally enjoy games that use it. One of the best features of this mod, thank you 0x52.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
question/request - is it possible to add name color change as an addition to a renaming feature or is it too far outside of mod capability?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
question/request - is it possible to add name color change as an addition to a renaming feature or is it too far outside of mod capability?
This is already possible by using .
Rename a character to {color=#f00}Some name{/color} for example. This will make the name appear in red.

_SomeOneElse_

Jul 12, 2021
Hallo 0x52, first of all - thanks for your awesome work with this Mod. I just wanted to inform you (and players of Sunshine Love) that enable the option "Skip splashscreen" in the game Sunshine Love results in an error, seems that game doing something different - other games work just fine with that option. So not sure if you can change anything or just disable that feature if a game does not support it ..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Hallo 0x52, first of all - thanks for your awesome work with this Mod. I just wanted to inform you (and players of Sunshine Love) that enable the option "Skip splashscreen" in the game Sunshine Love results in an error, seems that game doing something different - other games work just fine with that option. So not sure if you can change anything or just disable that feature if a game does not support it ..

i tested both
it works as it should
make sure you have the latest version of urm
and maybe try to delete the persistent files at both locations to test if they are at fault

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
This is already possible by using .
Rename a character to {color=#f00}Some name{/color} for example. This will make the name appear in red.
it works well enough, but unfortunately it works like text replacement, meaning it also colors names inside dialogues which can be quite distracting
i was thinking about something like redefining character with new color tag through mod (like renaming feature some modders add, but with color), so it will affect only name handle, not names in dialogues, basically - only who_color not also what_color

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes