Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Elvius

May 29, 2022
Every time I go onto my phone, the mini stats go away. Is there a way to keep it open at all times, or re-open when I leave the phone?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Every time I go onto my phone, the mini stats go away. Is there a way to keep it open at all times, or re-open when I leave the phone?
Good afternoon. A bit of background and a fix I had already done for that particular issue:

I originally coded it that way on purpose. The reason is that some of the screens accessed via the phone need that space. I have a note in my journal though that reminds me that I tightened up that MiniStat versus the Phone code to work in association with just those screens in particular (such as viewing a lewd pic). But, there was a minor bug in my code so it was resolved and all of the functionality for automated MiniStat restored.

So, the Phone and the Notebook are improved in regards to the MiniStat for v1.1.0 Ext. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll elaborate just a bit so folks know where the mod stands as far as v1.1.0 Extended. I started with a solid port conversion to the base v1.1.0 which I was able to test due to having access to the compressed version. Due to the nasty winter weather event we all experienced in North America last week I got stuck not being able to go to my beach home (where I have the best of my studios and prime internet) and got stuck (yet again) in the middle of the forest where I haven't had good internet all year. Because of this, even though I have access to the complete v1.1.0 Extended I don't have the bandwidth to DL it, so I folded in it's scripts instead. In theory it's all solid and fine but I'll need to test it all once it goes public and a proper compressed version is available for me to do so. So, bottom line, the new Ext has been coded for weeks but I haven't technically tested it yet. So, this should minimize the amount of time it takes to release.

This all goes on the prospect that it's nothing but thunderstorms here tomorrow and the VN releases. If both of those things happen then I should have no issue getting the mod update out the same day (crosses fingers). That's were I'm at currently. Hopefully that's more clear than mud. Regards.

devante

Nov 7, 2019
hello sancho1969 just commenting to ask is it possible for you to add a function to toggle relationships with each character on and off to cut short the tedious aspect of multiple walkthroughs

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hello sancho1969 just commenting to ask is it possible for you to add a function to toggle relationships with each character on and off to cut short the tedious aspect of multiple walkthroughs
Well, let's get some basic issues out of the way so you can elaborate on your expectation: the main issue is that the VN doesn't work off of pathing variables (for example there's no Path(Sara) variable), it works of a myriad of different event variables instead. Now, yes, I could code some of these event variables in but you'd still have to replay certain routes due to the way the VN is coded. It works off of conditional coding (if this then do that, else if this then do the other, else do this, etc). What exactly two "paths" are you trying to accomplish together? It will likely depend on what your expected result, and some things just won't be possible without rewriting the VN... and I'm no dialogue/author.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stareagle lord

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's the skinny: It will be mandatory that the player installs both Extended and the Holiday 2022 only patch (not the Holiday complete Basic but the content update patch). Why? Because I'll have the holiday data in SanchoGallery as well and if you don't have it, and you click on it... imminent crash will be experienced. Fair warning. Don't whine later about it. Reference this post for others who don't/can't read in the future to set them straight. I'll put a disclaimer in the OP when I upload the update as well.

Make sense? Excellent... I gotta get busy...

Edit: Holiday 2022 event was folded into the Extended's new DL links so you won't need to install the Holiday event separately.

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Maybe I need more coffee this morning, but... what "Holiday 2022 only patch"?

I don't see a link in the game thread to anything by that name, now that the 1.1.0 Extended version was posted.
(I do see an "Update Only" link, but that leads to the file, "University_of_Problems-Patch_v1.1.0_Extended.zip".)

Reactions: lawlawkagurL

FastBullet

May 30, 2017
Here's the skinny: It will be mandatory that the player installs both Extended and the Holiday 2022 only patch (not the Holiday complete Basic but the content update patch). Why? Because I'll have the holiday data in SanchoGallery as well and if you don't have it, and you click on it... imminent crash will be experienced. Fair warning. Don't whine later about it. Reference this post for others who don't/can't read in the future to set them straight. I'll put a disclaimer in the OP when I upload the update as well.

Make sense? Excellent... I gotta get busy...
Cool. But just so you know, as of right now there is no update only holiday link on OP.

FOUND THE LINK

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

I don't see a link in the game thread to anything by that name, now that the 1.1.0 Extended version was posted.
(I do see an "Update Only" link, but that leads to the file, "University_of_Problems-Patch_v1.1.0_Extended.zip".)
You can get it via this post for now (see "To get special content"). The compressed version will likely have it pre-installed inside Extended if I know FAP369ZONE as well as I do.

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021

I second this concern.
What holiday 2022 only patch? sorry for the incovenience..

I could recall , that after the "Basic" was put out weeks ago, the "Special Edition" came which was thought by many, me included, was the extended version already just renamed or something, but people confirmed it was not the extended one, so I completely ignored it.

so are we doomed to need to install again the whole game? coz I don't really have any firm any what or where this holiday 2022 patch is as well.

EDIT: Disregard this, LOL, sancho saved the day =)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I second this concern.
What holiday 2022 only patch? sorry for the incovenience..

I could recall , that after the "Basic" was put out weeks ago, the "Special Edition" came which was thought by many, me included, was the extended version already just renamed or something, but people confirmed it was not the extended one, so I completely ignored it.

so are we doomed to need to install again the whole game? coz I don't really have any firm any what or where this holiday 2022 patch is as well.
See a couple posts up bud... I got you. Post is here.

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes