Jan 14, 2023
I had so many errors loading from version 1.20 Extended saves, I had to start again from version 1.15 Extended saves to work on the 1.25 Basic. So far I am getting some errors towards the end of 1.20 Extended version when MC confronted Travis, but ignore seems to get through the errors. I manage to get to the start part of 1.25 Basic so far so good.

Reactions: Shaneride

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I had so many errors loading from version 1.20 Extended saves, I had to start again from version 1.15 Extended saves to work on the 1.25 Basic. So far I am getting some errors towards the end of 1.20 Extended version when MC confronted Travis, but ignore seems to get through the errors. I manage to get to the start part of 1.25 Basic so far so good.
yeah mixing the extended version with the basic version causes problems ;)

Reactions: Shaneride

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Fake news. Saves are completely compatible, always have been. Please don't confuse folks. They can use the same saves for Basic or Extended. The only saves that won't load proper are if someone makes a save during an Extended scene and later attempts to load that in a pending Basic... which there's zero reason to do something like that so it's considered irrelevant.

Regards.
Quoting you making my point " The only saves that won't load proper are if someone makes a save during an Extended scene and later attempts to load that " Fake news? Take a deep breath
Fake news. Saves are completely compatible, always have been. Please don't confuse folks. They can use the same saves for Basic or Extended. The only saves that won't load proper are if someone makes a save during an Extended scene and later attempts to load that in a pending Basic... which there's zero reason to do something like that so it's considered irrelevant.

Regards.
Making great walkthrough/cheats does not make you an authority on renpy or English. The same reason I would not criticise the mistakes you make in your walkthrough/cheats, occasionally as you make mistakes in your English, thus the original code fails.
You made the point I posted but choose to criticise it with the "fake news" nonsense which is untrue. I speak/write English as my 5-6th language, I wrote accurate facts which you agreed with but cavitated the occasions when they still will work.
Better to say when they will work rather than claim I posted "fake news" even though you stated they are not compatible, in some occasions you seem a little confused and entitled.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

A few tidbits potentially worth knowing about.
  • Remember the Sex Shop gift card you could have won on Day22 (U17) that had zero purpose? Well, now it does. Can be used for Carol's benefit in v1.2.5+
  • Day6 Sorority Party free roam: dev made a few changes to conditionals (I've not yet analyzed)
  • PVU Radio has updated artist/song info, I'm guessing there were potential licensing issues, dunno.
  • An interesting new variable was introduced: " roxy_pregnant_path ". Didn't see that coming, did ya?
I'm going through the rest of it now, just checking a few things...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Making great walkthrough/cheats does not make you an authority on renpy or English.
I never claimed to be. I simply stated that your post was inaccurate, which it is.

You made the point I posted but choose to criticise it with the "fake news" nonsense which is untrue.
It is true. Saves are fully compatible. You can think otherwise but it's proven every single update. Literally thousands of folks play both Basic and Extended with the same save files with zero issue. So yes, you stating that "... and saves are in no way compatible " is indeed fake news and inaccurate information.

in some occasions you seem a little confused and entitled.
Really? You are assuming my persona based on me contradicting your posted statement? I'm not confused nor do I feel entitled. My post simply stated that the information you posted was inaccurate which does not impose any confusion nor entitlement on my part. There's no need to throw mud by accusing me of being something I'm not.

Soucer

Donor
Nov 1, 2019
[Extended Version] University of Problems v1.2.5 (Fix #2)
PC/Mac/Android/Update Patch -
Walkthrough -
*Update patch to v1.2.5 Extended (Install this patch only on v1.2.0/v1.2.5 Basic or v1.2.0 Extended)

Fix #2
The "Sayer 'cleo' is not defined" error has been fixed
Rewritten notes in characters' biographies

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bug Report

v1.2.5 (Basic, not certain about Extended yet, it just dropped) has a fubar when the new characters "Laura", "Peggy", and "Jackie" were added.... "Cleo" was removed for an unkown reason.

Cleo is the tattoo shop owner, and has dialogue in the VN. Therefore that character definition being missing will throw exception errors in U18 and U21.

Soucer

Donor
Nov 1, 2019
Bug Report

v1.2.5 (Basic, not certain about Extended yet, it just dropped) has a fubar when the new characters "Laura", "Peggy", and "Jackie" were added.... "Cleo" was removed for an unkown reason.

Cleo is the tattoo shop owner, and has dialogue in the VN. Therefore that character definition being missing will throw exception errors in U18 and U21.
There is a fix for this that was released but unsure if its required for these downloads as they should have already been updated prior to packing.

Patreon
Fix #1:
  • The "Sayer 'cleo' is not defined" error has been fixed (if you already have the v1.2.5 update)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There is a fix for this that was released but unsure if its required for these downloads as they should have already been updated prior to packing.

Patreon
Fix #1:
  • The "Sayer 'cleo' is not defined" error has been fixed (if you already have the v1.2.5 update)
Your Extended is likely fine then. The "Basic" that is linked in the OP isn't "updated" in accordance to that Fix note though. That update must have been supplied to supporters after the VN's links were created... just my best guesstimate.

4.30 star(s) 198 Votes